Zac!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintnick12
Club Player

I thought it was one of Zac's best games for a long time. Agree with other posters that Zac was unlucky with a couple of frees Buddy got. The one with the spoil was ridiculous and also the one against Joey. The initial free against Zac in that one was soft too.
The contest in the pocket in front of the SC where he had three or four efforts and showed his desperation was fantastic. He seems like he is building towards some better form at the right time of the year.
Don't understand all the criticism of him in this thread especially after his game last night.
Who do posters think would have been a better option on Buddy last night??

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Zac's last 3 games now have been ok and much better than his early season form...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Interesting I too thought Dawson was ok - have a look at how Franklin got the goals.....hardly any Riewoldt type grabs among them often is there??? free kicks on lead and a 50mtr penalty.

As for defenders losing touch of where their opponent is......I watched Blake several times on Roughead have no idea where his body was.......Blake wasn't even in the contest.......but yep....lets hang Zac....

Geez we got some dills.
+1
Imagine if Zac had kicked the ball to Rioli at qtr time...

falka
Club Player

+1
Imagine if Zac had kicked the ball to Rioli at qtr time...[/quote]

Exactly, one error is jumped on when its Zac or Raph, but in hindsight, Goddard error was a clear 6 point swing, but all forgiven.

Lets support the boys.

Go Saints

supersaints
Club Player

Even when Zac plays well , he still somehow makes me feel nervous when he is body to body and one out, he often takes his eyes of the ball and I chringe .
But he's a saint, and doing his best , and I don't have a whipping boy (unlike most on the forum)..... so Go Zac..

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon was asked about Zac Dawson on SEN on Saturday morning.

He said he thought Zac did a good job on Buddy. Especially when he played shoulder to shoulder with him. he was not happy that Hodge was able to storm through the middle of the ground and kick to Franklin in the goal square. He blamed the midfield pressure for that goal.

As far as Zac being out of position sometimes, he very clearly stated that Zac is selfless and sometimes has to leave his man or even someone's else man because his teammates have not covered their opponents. So, in order to do the team thing and play team football, he receives unfair criticism for looking like he is out of position. He actually criticised Joey for not covering an area and that allowed an easy forward 50 entry by Hawthorn.

Duggie
Club Player

I thought he made further improvement. But can we wait that long for him to be a winner :lol:

A Saint Forever!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Ross Lyon was asked about Zac Dawson on SEN on Saturday morning.

He said he thought Zac did a good job on Buddy. Especially when he played shoulder to shoulder with him. he was not happy that Hodge was able to storm through the middle of the ground and kick to Franklin in the goal square. He blamed the midfield pressure for that goal.

As far as Zac being out of position sometimes, he very clearly stated that Zac is selfless and sometimes has to leave his man or even someone's else man because his teammates have not covered their opponents. So, in order to do the team thing and play team football, he receives unfair criticism for looking like he is out of position. He actually criticised Joey for not covering an area and that allowed an easy forward 50 entry by Hawthorn.
What would he know?
There are other experts on here far more qualified to determine whether Dawson was good/bad.

Afterall given that they're privy to knowledg of the gameplan, his role, team rules, expectations of all players, they certainly are in the position to argue that they know better. :roll:

saintnick12
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:Ross Lyon was asked about Zac Dawson on SEN on Saturday morning.

Ross sure did criticize Joey for being out of position. I listened to that interview live and wrote a summary of it as much as I could remember...

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=63432

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

What would he know?
There are other experts on here far more qualified to determine whether Dawson was good/bad.

Afterall given that they're privy to knowledg of the gameplan, his role, team rules, expectations of all players, they certainly are in the position to argue that they know better. :roll:
:wink: :wink: 8-) 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Middo
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
BigMart wrote:Good spoiling on the lead....poor on the high ball one on one....makes silly mistakes....sometimes composed, sometimes panics....makes great efforts and poor efforts....sometimes gets lost..

a typical mixed bag from Zac - he will save some goals, cost some goals, create some play, cause turn-overs....

Poor mans Raf Clarke....

deserved whipping boy, he does not fill anyone with confidence....
What the hell does "poor man's Raf Clarke" mean exactly? If it wasn't for Raph, we may have never have made the GF in the first place. He was the one who gave us the run and drive from half back in the last quater of the Prelim last year. Go back and watch the DVD.....Jeez some of you guys who slag off on our boys just have NFI.

You're NOT REAL SUPPORTERS. Don't sing our club song when we win. And get your facts right you disloyal swill.
Watch the Grand Final DVD......things change from week to week and your only as good as your last game. Dawson played well !!!!!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
BigMart wrote:Good spoiling on the lead....poor on the high ball one on one....makes silly mistakes....sometimes composed, sometimes panics....makes great efforts and poor efforts....sometimes gets lost..

a typical mixed bag from Zac - he will save some goals, cost some goals, create some play, cause turn-overs....

Poor mans Raf Clarke....

deserved whipping boy, he does not fill anyone with confidence....
What the hell does "poor man's Raf Clarke" mean exactly? If it wasn't for Raph, we may have never have made the GF in the first place. He was the one who gave us the run and drive from half back in the last quater of the Prelim last year. Go back and watch the DVD.....Jeez some of you guys who slag off on our boys just have NFI.

You're NOT REAL SUPPORTERS. Don't sing our club song when we win. And get your facts right you disloyal swill.
Watch the Grand Final DVD......things change from week to week and your only as good as your last game. Dawson played well !!!!!!

he did okay..imho....is getting better each week...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Zac is OK, a few others are not playing with last year's intensity

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Zac was ok given the assignment and the form he was against. Joey was the real disappointment for mine. He just never quite got going. We lost the midfield battle and allowed them to stream forward with purpose. Ever game we have lost this year is through fast, deliberate ball movement from our opposition. The hawks and Saints are probably similar teams in that they don't have to many stars down back but get the job done, and rely on one main forward target to do all their damage. When teams over focus on Franklin they let the lesser forwards in, don't focus enough he cuts you up.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Zac played well. If we can get that game out of him repeatedly for the rest of 2010 though, he'll be fine.

In the 5 goals, the free on the spoil was a straight up bad call, and Zac scored one of his own to boot. With 5 conceded, by definition he was also beaten - by a better player who was a clear focus of attack.

I think the rest has done Zac some good, and he's going to take some scalps through the run home. I'm even comfortable with him as the option if we come up against Hawthorn again in finals - it's elsewhere I'd look for the improvement to beat Hawthorn (Goddard, Dal Santo).
Last edited by BAM! (shhhh) on Mon 26 Jul 2010 12:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I was actually impressed withg Zacs efforts also! He looked the goods!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintbob
SS Life Member

Re: Zac!

sax wrote:He is a F**KEN DUD!
LIABILITY!

I'm hearing you, I've been shouting this out for 2 years!!!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:+1
Imagine if Zac had kicked the ball to Rioli at qtr time...
Exactly, one error is jumped on when its Zac or Raph, but in hindsight, Goddard error was a clear 6 point swing, but all forgiven.

Lets support the boys.

Go Saints[/quote]

Well said, it seems that Zac and Raph are bagged yet others make errors and get away with little criticsm

I love this club
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
LIABILITY!

Options?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:
LIABILITY!

Options?
Yes I would like to hear that to, bet they dont have any

I love this club
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:
LIABILITY!

Options?
Who is Options? He's not on our list.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:
LIABILITY!

Options?
Hmmm....

How about lose the swear words, the cheap shots, and simply say I don't agree with Zac being in the side?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

saintbob wrote:
LIABILITY!

How about shouting some encouragement instead?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintbob
SS Life Member

I've been shouting encouragement, but only to RL to wake up and get rid of the DUD!!!!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

I played full back in the Ammo's for years, its not an easy position, and you generally need help from you midfield, and other defenders to get the job done.

Its very easy to blame the full back, most of the best full backs are from the better sides...these same guys seem to struggle when their sides slide.