Post Your Apologies to Raph Clarke here

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

phenomenal second half.

i think he gained enormous confidence from that mark which was courage personified resulting in a goal.

perfect game from that point on.

donthglfa
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Should be dropped.

But seriously, much of the critisism levelled toward Raph has been warranted, just some is way way OTT.

Today showed why he frustrates so many Saints supporters. You can see the kid can play football, but makes too many mistakes.

However today he was very good, and critical when the game was on the line and we were down by 17.

No need to apologise. The vast majority of Raph critics would be wrapt in the way he played.

DITTO

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Post Your Apologies to Raph Clarke here

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:
Sam23 wrote:Sensational today.

Expect this thread to have 100 posts.
glad you started this thread...the old me would have said....suck sh!t all you raph baggers....but....times have changed.......the new me will only say.......well done raph...i knew you had a game like that in you...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Well done stinger....the new me applaudes the new you....and agrees with your very sensible thoughts :D :wink:

Is Valium that calming.
Dropped a couple after the holding the ball against Lenny cost us a goal and then we went 17 points down.

I love youse all!!!!!

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
claystreet
Club Player

Haven't bagged Raph or any Saints player but geez Raph can be frustrating. Today he jumps out of the box does some slick things, shows alot of courage wins some hard ball , lays a ripper of a tackle. This is what i have been waiting for from Raph, but is he going to do it next week and the week after etc ? i sure hope so.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

claystreet wrote:Haven't bagged Raph or any Saints player but geez Raph can be frustrating. Today he jumps out of the box does some slick things, shows alot of courage wins some hard ball , lays a ripper of a tackle. This is what i have been waiting for from Raph, but is he going to do it next week and the week after etc ? i sure hope so.
Yup agreed.

Most hope but nothing but the best from Raph and we got that today. One out on the full where Haealy gave it to him (deservedly), but from then on played a ripper.

Shows what he can do. Next week has to do it again. Then the week after that.

Get this kid to play consistantly and we have got more run from the backline while the Sammys are a bit down (although Gilbo had a pretty good game tonight).

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

love the raph :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

At his best, Raph is a dangerous player running forward with the ball in his hands. We aren't over-endowed with these: Gram, Goddard, sometimes Gilbert and (at least on today's showing) possibly Peake.

When Raph is going, our attack look much stronger. Today, Raph and Lenny worked to bring our small forwards into the game.

Raph should have played last week after Gram injured himself in the warm-up. Perhaps we would have won.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:At his best, Raph is a dangerous player running forward with the ball in his hands. We aren't over-endowed with these: Gram, Goddard, sometimes Gilbert and (at least on today's showing) possibly Peake.

When Raph is going, our attack look much stronger. Today, Raph and Lenny worked to bring our small forwards into the game.

Raph should have played last week after Gram injured himself in the warm-up. Perhaps we would have won.
Valid point, Raph may have made the difference last week.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Saint Mik
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:Lets not get ahead of ourselves 1 good game in 10 and is lucky to be in the side.
Let me get ahead of you.

Go find a dark corner without power/internet, and return when you can bash him with some reason, sad sack.
:shock:

Settle down just stating the facts FFS

Not a sad sack just a fair call IMO

Why do we get so emotional about this bloke :roll:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
Middo
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:Great game today, well done Raph, at you're best you are in our best half a dozen, let's back it up now.

Looks to play his best footy on the wider grounds, MCG and Subiaco.
Best half dozen .. ? Sure he played well today but really think you are putting him ahead of a few good players. The grand final was played at the G and how did you rate that game ? Hey anyway was happy to see him play a good game and hope he can kick start his season.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

When the confidence is up, Raph's disposal effiency is up right there. His game today, especially his second half was great.

Am extremely happy for Raph as it may shut up some of the negative nellies on this site down for at least a couple of weeks.

GO YOU GOOD RAPH :lol: :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
dcstkfc wrote: Best half dozen .. ? Sure he played well today but really think you are putting him ahead of a few good players. The grand final was played at the G and how did you rate that game ? Hey anyway was happy to see him play a good game and hope he can kick start his season.
The PF was at the G and if it wasn't for Clarke we never would have made the GF.

But hey you sound just like one of those haters who cant stand to see Raph go well.

Suck it up, you are WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Lance or James??

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
The PF was at the G and if it wasn't for Clarke we never would have made the GF.

But hey you sound just like one of those haters who cant stand to see Raph go well.

Agree 100% :lol:

linz
Club Player

Raph going back & attempting the mark swung the game (when we were down). His efforts resulted in a goal to us & from there we didn't look back.

His teamates recognized his efforts too. WELL DONE RAPH!!

Might stop the banchee screaming in my ear directly behind me from my reserved seat too. Probably not though :cry: :cry: :cry:

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saintharvs
Club Player

Raph was excellent today. Well done mate. Keep it going for the rest of the year.

Captain Impossible
Club Player

I won't apologise but I will say well done. That is the best I have ever seen him play. Maybe this guy has something...?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Middo wrote:
dcstkfc wrote: Best half dozen .. ? Sure he played well today but really think you are putting him ahead of a few good players. The grand final was played at the G and how did you rate that game ? Hey anyway was happy to see him play a good game and hope he can kick start his season.

So right you are, don't know how many so called Saints supporters I meet and all most want to do is bag Raph, and I have to tell them we may not have played in the GF if it wasn't for Raph.

Great game today, very happy for him.

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Join the Raphalution.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
Banger724
Club Player

Haven't been a huge fan due to the frustrations that I'm sure he causes for all of us at times, but am happy to say that he was very good today.

As was said on the radio afterwards I think, test now comes for him to deliver that week in week out... no reason why shouldn't be delivering on that expectation.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:
Might stop the banchee screaming in my ear directly behind me from my reserved seat too. Probably not though :cry: :cry: :cry:
As I said earlier, it's hardly surprising his best footy was played away from St Kilda 'fans' today :?

boneless23
Club Player

Well done Raph!!

You played today like we all know you can.

Keep it up mate and take yourself to the next level.

I wish for nothing more!!!

Middo
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Middo wrote:

Joffatoy , read the mesage I quoted it said Raph in our top half dozen ..surley you don't agree.Think he played well today and hope he goes well for the rest of the year.Everybody wants to hang on to one game being the prelim final thats gone now,I based my judgement on what he has produced this year and today he played up to the standard he should and can.Not a hater just want to see the Saints winning games we should win. So where was I wrong ?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Yeah blame Raph for helping us win tonight.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

i would say sorry but i wasnt one who bagged him :P

i have faith in all our players....

when it was quiet.... gave kosi clarke and dawson all compliments to show them theyre still loved

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

He was very solid! Impressive play that helped win the game!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!