Malthouse calls Baker a dirty dog

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Malthouse calls Baker a dirty dog

The Pies hierarchy seem to be hiding by a "tit-for-tat" defence; i,e., we were called names and responded in kind. "If you give it, you've gotta take it," said Nick Maxwell.

But who in fact started the slanging match?

According to Caroline Wilson, Malthouse called Baker a "dirty effing dog", presumably because Baker was involved in a stoush with Collingwood players at the end of the quarter.

To me this sounds as if the Malthouse initiated the abuse.

And in any case he certainly initiated the tone of the game. Because it was his players who came out playing the man and not the ball (similar to the way Richmond earned the high-handed contempt of Nick Maxwell late last year).

Tit-for-tat. If you give it you've gotta take it.

Indeed.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Surely that's is a term of endearment coming from malthouse?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Talking about dirty dog tactics ..

Even before the match started we all saw how they were going after Jones... 3 or 4 players banging in to him... obviously under Malthouse instructions.

The umpires should have paid a 50 metre penalty to Jones straight off the bat - they needed to take charge. They should have sent a clear message against Collingwood's "play the man" tactics.

markp
Saintsational Legend

We need Malthouse 'Liar' posters like the Obama 'hope' one, for round 16.

This stain wont go away, Mick.

kaos theory
Club Player

Good article by Caro....damning of the collingwood:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... -s44f.html

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Ross looks pristine compared to Mick

Another opportunity awaits!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:Good article by Caro....damning of the collingwood:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/d ... -s44f.html
Thanks for that.

There's a poll of the bottom of it too; don't forget to vote!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
spert
Saintsational Legend

Lets make some :"Go Dirty Dog" banners for the Freo game, I'm sure Bakes would love it!

oneteam
Club Player

markp wrote:We need Malthouse 'Liar' posters like the Obama 'hope' one, for round 16.

Just "liar" posters would be hilarious. As he comes out on to the ground, the signs go up. brilliant.

when round 15 is over, remember to post this and see if it has legs.

He has treated our club withbhis usual disrespect. He should be reminded.

older saint
SS Life Member

Watch the tape too Didak calls Milne the same with a couple extra adjectives . Nothing doen there, something about Pts and Kettles rings a bell here.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I had heard rumors that eddie called the saints suggesting that if we took it further that milne would be sighted for his homophobic comments and that their superior legal team might make life difficult for the saints. E.g. if the Saints didn't have audio evidence that slander charges may come out of it. I thought it was our usual paranoia but it looks as if Caro might have heard similar.

As I have said before the toxic environment at the Pies has sent Mick troppo. He said that the media are hoping Ball fails. The media spoke of Collingwoods decietful dealings with the Saints as if it was genius. Eddie is a corporate bully who loves nothing more than winning at someone elses cost. I personally feel Mick knows he is on the way out and is waiting to get "boned" by the boss.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Seems that moral high horse Malthouse was charging around on pre season when he claimed loss of respect for our Nick has well and truly bolted for the hills.

Poor showing from the Malthouse, double standards from the club in regards to punishment for lying.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
Saint Mik
Club Player

oneteam wrote:
markp wrote:We need Malthouse 'Liar' posters like the Obama 'hope' one, for round 16.

Just "liar" posters would be hilarious. As he comes out on to the ground, the signs go up. brilliant.

when round 15 is over, remember to post this and see if it has legs.

He has treated our club withbhis usual disrespect. He should be reminded.
Just a MASSIVE "pants on fire Mick" sign will do me :lol:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
matrix
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:Seems that moral high horse Malthouse was charging around on pre season when he claimed loss of respect for our Nick has well and truly bolted for the hills.

Poor showing from the Malthouse, double standards from the club in regards to punishment for lying.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Round 16 banner?

The pies fans are here, all missing the odd tooth
Old Mick should retire
This game will be proof
His pants are on fire
But dont call him a liar
Even Figjam will tell ya, he cant handle the truth!

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

to Kings of Leon- Sex is on Fire

Mick when your lying,
you look like a clown,
the media watching,
all watching,
All the commotion,
the verbal sprays,
has people talking, laughing,
at
YOUUUUU, YOUR PANTS ARE ON FIRE..

tweak and improve at your pleasure! the previous post from saint nick mention pants on fire put this song straight in my head!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Call me a cynic, but does anyone find it interesting that once again, nobody is talking about how Mick Malthouse lost a very winnable game of footy?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Call me a cynic, but does anyone find it interesting that once again, nobody is talking about how Mick Malthouse lost a very winnable game of footy?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
SainterK wrote:Call me a cynic, but does anyone find it interesting that once again, nobody is talking about how Mick Malthouse lost a very winnable game of footy?
Only an 8? :wink: :)

markp
Saintsational Legend

Cynic!! :wink:

It was too damaging and it's gone well beyond all that... his feeble smokescreen attempt was the comment on the media 'willing' Ball to fail, and Cousins to relapse.

If the dorks manage to thump them (*prays*) next week then the rot will really start to set in.

Which would be most upsetting.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
matrix wrote:
Only an 8? :wink: :)
lol Image

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Cynic!! :wink:

It was too damaging and it's gone well beyond all that... his feeble smokescreen attempt was the comment on the media 'willing' Ball to fail, and Cousins to relapse.

If the dorks manage to thump them (*prays*) next week then the rot will really start to set in.

Which would be most upsetting.
Well, I'm glad we may have tipped Mick down the slippery slope, as it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Given that we have Freo this weekend though, being a conspiracy theorist, I'm worried about the AFL squaring the ledger this weekend, for daring to make their 'Jewel of the Empire' look like the filthy scum they are. No free kicks for Milney this week.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:Talking about dirty dog tactics ..

Even before the match started we all saw how they were going after Jones... 3 or 4 players banging in to him... obviously under Malthouse instructions.

The umpires should have paid a 50 metre penalty to Jones straight off the bat - they needed to take charge. They should have sent a clear message against Collingwood's "play the man" tactics.
But I love how the free kick went against us! Of course O'Brian the dog was "allowed" to just run in before the bounce and attack Jones, and then have players continually attack him during the game.

Perhaps if Malthouse had instructed his bunch of low-lifes to actually play football rather than footbrawl they might have gotten somewhere on the scoreboard. Too focused in trying to put a superior side off its game by playing bully-boy! Clearly a tactic used by a desperate 'lying' coach in his bid to gain himself a Premiership. It's coach before team, and it's disgusting! Don't even get me started on Licuria - he's also a dog has-been/never-was!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Milton66
SS Life Member

I'm tipping another finals failure and Mick will be gone this year. And given Eddie's crappola and hysterics... don't be surprised if there are moves to topple him also.

Every year that passes without a flag, they dynamic duo have less places to hide.

It sounds like Pert has had a gutfull. The question is: will Eddie go quietly?

I doubt it. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:I'm tipping another finals failure and Mick will be gone this year. And given Eddie's crappola and hysterics... don't be surprised if there are moves to topple him also.

Every year that passes without a flag, they dynamic duo have less places to hide.

It sounds like Pert has had a gutfull. The question is: will Eddie go quietly?

I doubt it. :lol:
Hawks, Bombers, Blues to follow.

Hawks often belt them, Bombers could be far too quick and if Blues knock them off the week after, I don't reckon MM will see the the split round as C'wood coach.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'