Armo v Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainterman
Club Player

Armo v Ball

Thought some on here might like these basic stats from tonight.

Armo
Kicks - 12
Handballs - 14
Tackles - 7
Efficiency - 58%

Ball
Kicks - 15
Handballs - 7
Tackles - 6
Efficiency - 45%

For mine, even with stats aside, I'll take Armo's game tonight!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Let Armo play twenty odd games this yera and just watch him bloom.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armo v Ball

Sainterman wrote:Thought some on here might like these basic stats from tonight.

Armo
Kicks - 12
Handballs - 14
Tackles - 7
Efficiency - 58%

Ball
Kicks - 15
Handballs - 7
Tackles - 6
Efficiency - 45%

For mine, even with stats aside, I'll take Armo's game tonight!
Plus factor into that that armo was basically against the Pies "A team" midfield...whreas Armo was without Hayes and dal.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainterman
Club Player

Also, Armo clearances 6, Ball 3.

Armo set up the winning goal, Ball couldn't kick over 35 metres when it was required in the last.

PaulieGa
Club Player

Can we compare defensive run and chase and ground covered?

Luke's stats will always look good with the ball.

Batnoe

great game by armo, 58 percent is a worry

am excited

luke ball less than jam tim

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ball played well tonight but to me thats the whole point....

Most would say tonight was one of Balls better games??? - even bobbed up for a goal....

Armitage is just starting to crank his game up and already on tonights evidence has the capacity to match Balls best current output right now....

Sure he's got to do it consistently....thats his key challenge but he looked the goods to me...with better disposal that in the end WAS the difference in the game.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ammo was our bog..for mine....luke top two for the filth...but ammo had more competition.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintAndrew
Club Player

A great game for Armo. Hope he gets more games this year.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, we all said it was there for the taking, and he made it his own. Don't forget he probably feels some pressure knowing the greater footy world is watching how he will go filling LB shoes.

Fantastic game for the kid and I'm sure his family is proud, cue DWOODROW :wink:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Armo killed the mercenary, and he costs about $300k less.

Ball was s.hit, and cost the filth the game.

Thanks mercenary :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Armo killed the mercenary, and he costs about $300k less.

Ball was s.hit, and cost the filth the game.

Thanks mercenary :D
And your age is? i thought you may use that great word, suck.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Ball
Kicks - 15
Handballs - 7

longtime since ball kicked more than handballed, did look a different player out there tonight than last year, but it's only one game.

Sainterman
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:Ball
Kicks - 15
Handballs - 7

longtime since ball kicked more than handballed, did look a different player out there tonight than last year, but it's only one game.
Perhaps in that he was trying to kick it more, but were those kicks any better than last years?

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Ball played well tonight but to me thats the whole point....

Most would say tonight was one of Balls better games??? - even bobbed up for a goal....

Armitage is just starting to crank his game up and already on tonights evidence has the capacity to match Balls best current output right now....

Sure he's got to do it consistently....thats his key challenge but he looked the goods to me...with better disposal that in the end WAS the difference in the game.
Whats with the Ball v "Armo" comparisons.....Ball only cost us pick 30, nothing more nothing less. U know the rest of the story.....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:

Whats with the Ball v "Armo" comparisons.....Ball only cost us pick 30, nothing more nothing less. U know the rest of the story.....
Cost you $500k a year for that type of player :roll:

Oh thats right you dont pay Luke, he plays for the love of losing, oops playing with the contenders Collingwood.

Luke will really bridge that 73 point gap between Collingwood and Geelong :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Oh thats right you dont pay Luke, he plays for the love of losing, oops playing with the contenders Collingwood.

Luke will really bridge that 73 point gap between Collingwood and Geelong :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But eggman offered him the contract then chose to inform him that he wasn't in the best 22. Fact. What would u do???

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

But eggman offered him the contract then chose to inform him that he wasn't in the best 22. Fact. What would u do???
Work harder?

Sainterman
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Can you show me evidence of this fact?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Work harder?
Nah I would go to a team that will be in the finals (but as usual not challenge) and get my $500k, while at the same time try to make it look like I didn't go for the money :D

Armo - a better [player and $300k less - Saints win :D

Lance or James??

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Work harder?
Nah I would go to a team that will be in the finals (but as usual not challenge) and get my $500k, while at the same time try to make it look like I didn't go for the money :D

*Pffffft* Armo a better player?? Big call. Yep I guess he is a better player as at the 21st February.

As usual not challenge? lmao.....not in 2009 we didn't. Success is not measured by how often u challenge otherwise this would be a moot point and really not worth arguing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Work harder?

*Pffffft* Armo a better player?? Big call. Yep I guess he is a better player as at the 21st February.

As usual not challenge? lmao.....not in 2009 we didn't. Success is not measured by how often u challenge otherwise this would be a moot point and really not worth arguing.
I know I shouldnt say this because it will upset JB but you really need to get out of this site just as any moron Saints supporter should if he goes on the pies site. Apart from JB, who must have a man crush on you, no one here cares what you think.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Work harder?

I know I shouldnt say this because it will upset JB but you really need to get out of this site just as any moron Saints supporter should if he goes on the pies site. Apart from JB, who must have a man crush on you, no one here cares what you think.

Zing! 8-) :lol:

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Ball had a point to prove in his first game for his new club and looked pretty good, as did Armo, who also has a point to prove.

Both had pretty good games and while stats can be compelling, it's not even round 1 yet. I'll take the positives from the match, but I wont be getting ahead of myself.

Sorry to be fun police.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

As LB is a way more experienced player, I though DA did very well. Though I wasn't really comparing them, just observing how each player went.

Interesting to note was LB having alot of massage still in the groin area, so its obviously still troubling him.

Qld Saints Supporter Group