Nick Riewoldt 2010.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Nick Riewoldt 2010.

I honestly believe that by the end of this year, Nick Riewoldt will have eclipsed pretty much every player in the comp, including Gary Ablett and be considered the best player in the AFL.

Full Stop.

I just think that he is about to explode.
Last year was just an 80% preview.

Discuss..

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Yep. I'm not a betting man, but if I felt like tipping anyone for the Brownlow, it would be our Roo.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

+ 1

saintnick12
Club Player

+1 here too.

Its amazing how good he has been the last two years with little or no preseason. Last year his first competative hit out was round one. Even our coach is buying into that. We haven't seen the best of him yet and that is a scary thought. A couple of articles in the papers today to that effect.

If he can make AA captain and win the B&F with the injury he was carrying, then the sky is the limit if he can stay injury free. The thing with that injury is it could flare up again at any time, but he has shown a great ability to play with the injury.

His first two finals last year were unbelieveable . Was so great to see him give it to all the doubters who potted him that week in the press saying he didn't perform on the big stage. He sure put paid to that. I only wish we had seen and injury free Roo on GF day on conditions more suited to him. I still think he will be the clubs next premiership captain...hopefully this year. :wink:

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Roo is great but im hoping for a more even spread of improvment across the team ... let the personal glory whore Gabblett keep winning for himself let our boys win together !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes I have been predicting over the pre-season that IMO he will have a much better 2010 than 2009...and his 2009 was pretty darn good.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
35...LEGEND
Club Player

Got on for the Charlie this morning.....$10 at 20s...ha ha big spender.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

35...LEGEND wrote:Got on for the Charlie this morning.....$10 at 20s...ha ha big spender.
Love your optimism, but I can't see a KPP winning the brownlow ever again. That said, with Nick finally having an uninterrupted pre-season I think he can have a better year than last year.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:
35...LEGEND wrote:Got on for the Charlie this morning.....$10 at 20s...ha ha big spender.
Love your optimism, but I can't see a KPP winning the brownlow ever again. That said, with Nick finally having an uninterrupted pre-season I think he can have a better year than last year.
First full pre-season in years. :shock:
3 kg on the body. :shock:
He's a SUPERSTAR. :P

Should be Odd's on IMO :wink:

GO CHAMP !!!!! :lol:

james rose
Club Player

I like Goddard at $51

35...LEGEND
Club Player

james rose wrote:
I like Goddard at $51

Brad Sewell at 41s looks good too...........polled 13 votes last year despite the hawks going pretty ordinary.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

Roo has bulked up, looking for the photos in the paper. He can only get stronger and better. Pity i missed the game last night. Can't wait to watch the collingwood game.

Go Roo!

Go saints in '09!
St Loxton
Club Player

Totally agree Big red, our Big blond already has super endurance and super overhead skills. He will have a minimum of 2 opponents rotating of him this year. If Kosi starts to fire like we know he can no backline in the comp will stand a chance. Go the roo.

Hunter Clark 2024 StKilda Saints Premiership captain.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Roo is an absolute gun and I have no doubt he WILL be a Premiership Captain for us :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

We all love Rooey!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

an out and out champion, no doubt, but let's not make the mistake of being over-reliant on him.

whether we can go all the way is going to depend on others being able to step up if the unthinkable happens and the skipper is either beaten (it happens) or injured.

since the days of lockett, i've never been keen on having all eggs in the one basket.

theoretically there are four or five other goalkickers in the forward line who MUST be able to kick goals if the skipper is having a bad one.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 13 Feb 2010 8:29pm, edited 7 times in total.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

If Kosi starts to fire like we know he can
And therein lies the rub. Goes missing FAR too often to rely on to take the pressure off Roo. Hopefully Goddard can be freed up when Kosi has his off days (ie 1 out of 2) to take another defender away.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Roo is an absolute gun and I have no doubt he WILL be a Premiership Captain for us :lol:

What Bev said......... :D

bigred
Saintsational Legend

but let's not make the mistake of being over-reliant on him
Too late.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
but let's not make the mistake of being over-reliant on him
Too late.
we'd have learned our lesson I reckon (I hope).

i'd rotate he, kosi and someone else who can mark and kick goals (goddard if we can spare him) through full-forward depending on the match situation.

noticed someone saying on the collingwood forum "we just need to stop revolt" in their thread about the nab game. (i think he was serious about that spelling btw).

i hope a few of our guys take it on themselves to show that we're more than a one-trick pony.

didzee
Club Player

Re: Nick Riewoldt 2010.

bigred wrote:I honestly believe that by the end of this year, Nick Riewoldt will have eclipsed pretty much every player in the comp, including Gary Ablett and be considered the best player in the AFL.

Full Stop.

I just think that he is about to explode.
Last year was just an 80% preview.

Discuss..
barring injury you are 100% right

still underrated and i`ve man loved him since his first game! superstar!

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Just hope he goes as well s last year. Anymore than that is a real bonus.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

He will be a force. Wouldnt put money on for the charlie though, I would probably go Lenny. I think he will become one of the most driven players out there and he was already a hard nut.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Re: Nick Riewoldt 2010.

bigred wrote:I honestly believe that by the end of this year, Nick Riewoldt will have eclipsed pretty much every player in the comp, including Gary Ablett and be considered the best player in the AFL.
Nick Riewoldt is already the best footballer in Australia. FULL STOP.

Carna Saints!!!
PJ
SS Life Member

but I can't see a KPP winning the brownlow ever again
Not so sure about that - take Kosi's polling at the beginning of last year. He was racking up the votes at FF. I don't think there were that many standout KPPs last year. Even Buddy was relatively quiet compared to 08.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.