Well done Francis Leach - defender of Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well done Francis Leach - defender of Raph

He has had it with Raph Clarke bashing....

WELL SAID!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Do tell... ?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

A guy rang up to take Francis to task about his support of Raph....and said that Raph is the only player in the comp that has the licence to run around with no tag, because most opposition coaches are happy to let him do so...

Francis pointed out he was one of a backline that conceded the least amount of points ever

He was the only one to take a risk, and run the lines against the Doggies

And generally had a go at the Raph bashers in their entirety!

markp
Saintsational Legend

They are the same breed of folk who think that atrocious Hey Hey skit was just a bit of fun.... freakin morons one and all.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I hope Francis also pointed out that it is the defenders that do the tagging, not the forwards.

realdeal
Club Player

Good stuff!!

that last quarter against the Dogs in the Prelim even the commentators were saying that Raph was our only player providing run out of defense!

Ive had enough of the Raph bashing too! People look at the negatives and over look the positives. He makes the odd mistake but so does every player but people jump on his mistakes. How many times has he saved us with a defensive mark or a timly punch.

onya Francis!!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Facebookians, that want there shi**y opinion heard far and wide.

Facebook posts the Peake trade. Replies "TRADE RAPH"
Facebook posts X trade. Replies "NOT X, TRADE RAPH"
Facebook posts something unrelated to football. Replies "Raph is crap"

They get their rocks off on the stuff. If those people only knew what being a true fan was. Not being some bandwaggoning hippie who never watches the game even if they are on TV.

emma
Club Player

If you don't want to hear from Raph haters don't look at the 'players we want to trade' graph-thing over on the afl website...
To think this stuff comes from 'supporters'.
Thanks Francis

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

I heard that call, it was Germ from Gardenvale or similar, absolute infantile tosser.

Nice work Francis!

BallBanger
Club Player

markp wrote:They are the same breed of folk who think that atrocious Hey Hey skit was just a bit of fun.... freakin morons one and all.
??

I thought the majority of the skit were indian students?

Maybe if the jackson 5 were white and bald everything would be ok

CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

Exactly RAPH was the ONLY player left we had with run in his legs in that prelim. Without Raph we would NOT have made the grand final FACT!!!

Bloody idiots. raph is a gun.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
markp wrote:They are the same breed of folk who think that atrocious Hey Hey skit was just a bit of fun.... freakin morons one and all.
??

I thought the majority of the skit were indian students?

Maybe if the jackson 5 were white and bald everything would be ok
None were students - one was from Indian origion.

Maybe if American black hadn't been made out as child like by people painting their faces black and carrying on like fools or as Harry Connick said "buffoons" - maybe if Black Americans hadn't been racially vilified and discriminated against and assaulted and murdered for decades - it would have been fun.

Fair Dinkum drag your attitudes into at least the 1980's :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CaptainReiwoldt wrote:raph is a gun.
he's not, but he could be if he can get the weaknesses out of his game.

i like him better on or in front of the ball than in defence.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Well done Francis! About time someone stood up for him. Unfortunately any idiot with a phone is allowed to ring into a radio station.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

Agreed. However with Max gone and reports Colm Begley is to get the flick - Raph seems destined for the backline.

Mabye with Goose and Dempster stepping up he could move forward. Hope so I think he is much better forward than back.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Sunday Red
Club Player

I like Raph and thought the Hey Hey skit was just a bit of harmless fun.

What's your point?

realdeal
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Agreed. However with Max gone and reports Colm Begley is to get the flick - Raph seems destined for the backline.

Mabye with Goose and Dempster stepping up he could move forward. Hope so I think he is much better forward than back.
except one of his main weaknesses is kicking set shots at goal.

maybe half fwd /wing is worth a shot. i don't mind him at hb though.. how many goals did his opponen kick in the GF? how about the other finals games? He does have the odd brain fade but he's actually a very good defender!

philip
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

joffa - you better sit down for this but I agree with you that raph is better forward.

You can't afford to have blokes down back who are indecisive, slow of mind, choose poor options and generally crap themselves in tight situations. That said up forward he can make the play instead of defending it.

I still don't understand why raph is a protected species though...

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:
joffa - you better sit down for this but I agree with you that raph is better forward.

You can't afford to have blokes down back who are indecisive, slow of mind, choose poor options and generally crap themselves in tight situations. That said up forward he can make the play instead of defending it.

I still don't understand why raph is a protected species though...

philip
Always thought Raph is better up forward.

But I see you still haven't watched the PF this year. We wouldn't have played in a GF if it wasn't for him in the 4th quarter.

he was decisive - chose good options - quick of mind - and generally our BOG in the 4th qtr.

But hey dont let facts get in the way of slagging and being a Raph hater :roll:

Lance or James??

emma
Club Player

[quote="Griggsy"]Facebookians, that want there shi**y opinion heard far and wide.

Facebook posts the Peake trade. Replies "TRADE RAPH"
Facebook posts X trade. Replies "NOT X, TRADE RAPH"
Facebook posts something unrelated to football. Replies "Raph is crap"

They get their rocks off on the stuff. If those people only knew what being a true fan was. Not being some bandwaggoning hippie who never watches the game even if they are on TV.[/quote]

I am really regretting reading the comments on the saints facebook. If i had read one more 'they traded the wrong brother' joke i thought i would be sick.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I'm new to this forum however have been a Saints member for about 37 years. For the record I'm an unabashed Raph supporter who has been unsuccessfully trying to convince the facebook morons of their ignorance and stupidity. However, with a few exceptions, they are beyond saving. No doubt most of them are only doing it to look cool in front of their mates.

Good luck Raph in 2010 :D

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:I'm new to this forum however have been a Saints member for about 37 years. For the record I'm an unabashed Raph supporter who has been unsuccessfully trying to convince the facebook morons of their ignorance and stupidity. However, with a few exceptions, they are beyond saving. No doubt most of them are only doing it to look cool in front of their mates.

Well said, & good luck to you living in Geelong atm. :wink:

Arthur Mullard
Club Player

Good on Francis Leach! A decent man if ever there was one! It makes a change to find someone on SEN standing up to the abuse directed at Raph....a pity that Mark Dormouse left it to Ripper Rita to pull that knobhead Steve Bedwett into line on the "Casual Friday" show!
Shame on you Maxie!

Yus my dear!!!!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:I'm new to this forum however have been a Saints member for about 37 years. For the record I'm an unabashed Raph supporter who has been unsuccessfully trying to convince the facebook morons of their ignorance and stupidity. However, with a few exceptions, they are beyond saving. No doubt most of them are only doing it to look cool in front of their mates.

Well said, & good luck to you living in Geelong atm. :wink:
Thanks Snoopygirl. I picked a great year to move from the big smoke - NOT!!!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mark Robinson agreed with everything Francis saidl;
well done guys.
Arthur Mullard wrote:Good on Francis Leach! A decent man if ever there was one! It makes a change to find someone on SEN standing up to the abuse directed at Raph....a pity that Mark Dormouse left it to Ripper Rita to pull that knobhead Steve Bedwett into line on the "Casual Friday" show!
Shame on you Maxie!
a poster on another thread tried to ring innand DEFEND Raph and the afternoon show producer/s didn't let them through

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107