"THE LID"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySaint wrote:Lid is on, 97 hurt too much to pry it loose. I had a friend who's sister worked for the AFL and she got me a ticket sitting with the AFL VIPs. I sat next to Gavin Brown, nice guy, but depressing day.
A couple of years later I got a social club membership and have been waiting ecer since. I am hoping to eject that lid into orbit come the last day of september.
Same reason.

claystreet
Club Player

I am just in cruise mode absorbing my happy surroundings :wink:

Now lets get through the finals and i will have my Lid in orbit

:D

golden hawk
Club Player

keep it on all the way you don't want to lift it till you know 100% you will win the GF believe me that is how i survived 08
enjoy the ride it is a wonderful ride if you go get there before 8am for parking i did [ plenty then [sort of] walk and take it in it is amazing , mmc lining up since night before funny as , they get their seat go to their car drive that home then come back by train weird to pay parking then train ticket does not make sense to me only bit that does is they will be drunk by the end of it , tells me they would be better off leaving car at home in the first place , bbq's everywhere tv radio all that every where the atmosphere is awesome as even at 8 am in the morning .

i want to experience it again but i doubt it will be this year if it was i grab that chance even if it was not hawks playing , i would love to see you guys in it 100% and would love to be there to see it , i doubt that will happen unless hawks are in it too :cry:

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

enjoy the ride it is a wonderful ride if you go get there before 8am for parking i did [ plenty then [sort of] walk and take it in it is amazing , mmc lining up since night before funny as , they get their seat go to their car drive that home then come back by train weird to pay parking then train ticket does not make sense to me only bit that does is they will be drunk by the end of it , tells me they would be better off leaving car at home in the first place , bbq's everywhere tv radio all that every where the atmosphere is awesome as even at 8 am in the morning .
As an MCC member whos done the dawn queue many a time..that made me smile

You are right tho..the vibe around the G from sunrise is amazing

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
golden hawk
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
As an MCC member whos done the dawn queue many a time..that made me smile

You are right tho..the vibe around the G from sunrise is amazing
hope you enjoy it again and this time with your team playing ! i got shivers going down my spine from that memory right now .

i highly recommend any who are going to the G on GF day get there early believe well worth it , even if you are not goinbg to the game do the G in the morning get to fed square early and watch it from there my guess is they will set up where your guys train with a huge screen for supporters to watch it they did at Glenferrie for hawk fans and next morning they have a family day there too hawks had over 20000 people turn up closed gates they climbed the fence they took over main st so i have been told awesome as experience all of it !

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Hands up who has put the lid back on?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Hands up who has put the lid back on?
I have walked back over to the "LID" and checking it for tightness.

shmic_s
Club Player

went to check my lid......gone

i think it went missing after the game on sunday.
replaced lid with glad wrap. only has to last another couple of weeks.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I tear the flippin’ thing off every year we’re in the finals! :D What's the point bottling it all up and feeling miserable going through it????? If we lose you're going to be miserable anyhow...might as well enjoy the ride IMO.

One week at a time...what a load of crap!! Not for a supporter it isn't, for the players yes, but as a passionate nutcase who was never around the see the first flag I don’t feel I’m getting ahead of myself by talking it up big at every opportunity I get. I’ve always been prepared of tripping over my mouth if it ever goes pear-shaped- I’ve had plenty of practice! :lol: Live a up little I reckon, get some hype up and about and have some feeling about it. If you haven’t torn the lid off this season already I don’t know what you’re waiting for….another 12yrs? Saints for the flag in 09 I say!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
PakenhamSaint
Club Player

My lid has been welded, superglued, taped and gladwrapped all season.
I have been tempted to reach for the oxytorch to send it flying a few times but I have kept it on.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I reckon its OK to let it slip off a little if we make the GF

Its just a brilliant week, everyone wants to talk footy with you, your kinda a mini-celeb cos your teams playing...people wish YOU good luck like your playing..you cant just totally act like its another game...whats the fun in that???

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

I think i've put my lid back on to be honest. I've been feeling so ill at the thought of registering for the bid day tomorrow. And when people want to talk about the saints... i try to play it down as i'm scared to face my dreams!!

Carn the sainters... if we do make the big one then i think the lid will be well and truly off!!

Go saints in '09!
St Marcus
Club Player

After Sunday my lid is well and truly OOORRRFFFFF.

I cannot concentrate at work, have this constant urge to go and discuss everything St Kilda with the other 2 sainters here, am in and out of Saintsational every ten minutes. Have a real feeling of excitment tempered with nervous anticipation.
:o
Come on Saints, meet your destiny.

suss
Club Player

Is there any chance someone could compile a David Letterman style 'Top Ten Signs Your Lid if Off' list? It would be helpful.

#10 - you call your wife at work to rhetorically ask her 'how tough it Bakes?'

golden hawk
Club Player

gee you guys must be getting excited !!!

can not wait to see this weeks game should be a ripper ! when the final siren goes and you have beaten the doggies then the LID comes off !

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:gee you guys must be getting excited !!!

can not wait to see this weeks game should be a ripper ! when the final siren goes and you have beaten the doggies then the LID comes off !
This.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Hands up who has put the lid back on?
I have left it on.

And I'm probably starting to get ulcers as a result. Maybe I'll need to let off a little steam on Friday night.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
crowjelly
Club Player

I've not only taken the lid off but also taken all the money out of the jar and loaded up on the boys at $3.50. I've seen nothing in the last week to change my view.

I'm loving this - underdogs at 3 to 1, grand final experience in our favor and Pies over confident. Go Saints - I'm loading up!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Lid?

What lid?

It's completely off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I lost mine at about round 8 - what about NOW Firey?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Took it off last night and how sweet it was.

But even though the lid is off, we must recognise that the job is only HALF done.

Must finish the season by winning the ONLY match that matters.

Everything else...streaks, players, highs, lows, etc is irrelevant. Reflect later.

One game. 120 minutes. 120% per cent effort. If we lose, it hasn't been a failed season. But it will be a failure to perform when we need too.

No failure should be tolerated. This club is all about winning - and that's what we need to do this week.

Finish the job, Saints.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

if anyone still has a bloody lid on u are a nuffie :P 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Milton66
SS Life Member

What lid? See my pic. :lol:

<================

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

nice crypticish avie there milt 8-)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Goodbye lid.......after the explosion it is nowhere to be found....GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS