Any Social Club Member not attending GF???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintwill66
Club Player

Any Social Club Member not attending GF???

My wife and I are coming to Melbourne from Brisbane for the Prelim and hopefully GF and whilst I am a Social Club member she is not.....probably silly question but I would love to be able to get hold of a 2nd ticket in case Saints make it to GF from a Social Club member unable to attend. Need to obtain barcode before Wednesday.....

Please send PM to discuss/negotiate.....

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

good luck with that!! highly unlikely you will get a ticket!!

Go saints in '09!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

You want a barcode..

I want me friggen letter from Mr Nettlefold..

Need to obtain the letter before Wednesday.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Is it legal for SC members to get their tickets away? or are there I.D checks and all that jazz?

Prodgers
Club Player

I would be curious to know as well.

I am going to be in Sydney Grand Final weekend and myself and my dad are social club members. We are racing in Sydney at the Australian Championships (it's our Grand Final) and it was one REALLY hard choice to make. But the choice has been made and we are going, regardless of the saints results.

So i'd like to know what i can do with the tickets.

saintwill66
Club Player

Prodgers wrote:I would be curious to know as well.

I am going to be in Sydney Grand Final weekend and myself and my dad are social club members. We are racing in Sydney at the Australian Championships (it's our Grand Final) and it was one REALLY hard choice to make. But the choice has been made and we are going, regardless of the saints results.

As far as I am aware there should not be a problem if you transfer the barcode numbers to someone else, as they are possible to be combined for the purpose of sitting together when we pre-book.

If possible can you PM to discuss this further as 'm happy to take both tickets.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:You want a barcode..

I want me friggen letter from Mr Nettlefold..

Need to obtain the letter before Wednesday.....
Why do you want a letter ll you need is a Social Club barcode and log onto ticketmaster.com.au or ring Ticketmaster on 1300 799 753.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
GreatNo9s
Club Player

Bob Murray - you should contact the Membership dept ASAP as you should have your letter by now. Maybe they can email you the barcode number ? call them on the 1300 Go Saints number

Prodgers - you can sell your ticket for face value no problems. As long as it is not above the ticket price you shouldnt get hit for scalping...

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

GreatNo9s wrote:Bob Murray - you should contact the Membership dept ASAP as you should have your letter by now. Maybe they can email you the barcode number ? call them on the 1300 Go Saints number

Prodgers - you can sell your ticket for face value no problems. As long as it is not above the ticket price you shouldnt get hit for scalping...
The barcode number is on your Social Club Members ticket.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

anyone looking to offload some tickets i will gladly do you a favour and purchase them off you :D

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Thought I'd bump this thread bearing in mind Wednesday is registration day..........

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hang around the front
and bring ya wallet

its the worst option, but its an option
guy at work went over last year (hawks fans, not a member) said would hit scal....well find someone out the front that might happen to have a spare ticket
found someone and didnt want to spend 600 for a ticket

soft

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Prodgers wrote:I would be curious to know as well.

You must realise that by passing tickets onto other people esp non-members you are stopping a saints member from going. So if you are a social club member and can't go don't register so you can get a mate who isn't a saints fan or couldn't be bothered to buy a membership into the grandfinal day, it's not fair on the rest of us that spend our limited money on memberships.

But yeah I would gladly take a ticket off someone's hands for a fair price and I am a full member and have been for over 10 years despite not being able to attend many matches due to work commitments. And it bothers me that social club members (not many I hope) will give or sell tickets to non members or even non fans to attend while their will be 10,000+ saints members missing out.

saintwill66 wrote:As far as I am aware there should not be a problem if you transfer the barcode numbers to someone else, as they are possible to be combined for the purpose of sitting together when we pre-book.
Also the word has been out that their will be id checks to make they corrospond to the ticket name. And member/social cluub grandfinal tickets are non-transferable so be carefull if you do decide to give them away especially to some one on a internet forum who you don't know.

Joffa 5
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:hang around the front
and bring ya wallet

guy at work went over last year (hawks fans, not a member) said would hit scal....well find someone out the front that might happen to have a spare ticket

soft
Is it illegal to purchase a ticket from scalpers? Or just illegal to sell them at an inflated price?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Under Victorian anti-scalping laws, selling grand final tickets for an amount above face value is an offence punishable by a fine of up to $6000 for individuals and $30,000 for corporations.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I remember our club selling tickets to the Grandfinal for $300 about 10 years ago 1999 I think to members from their non-playing allocation.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:Is it legal for SC members to get their tickets away? or are there I.D checks and all that jazz?
I am a full afl member with a saints support package and I am gauranteed a grand final ticket if we get thre. Afl members have to show photo ID and our membership card when we enter the ground on grand final day. I don't know what the deal is with social club members but I would asumme it may be the same

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Joffa 5 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:hang around the front
and bring ya wallet

soft
Is it illegal to purchase a ticket from scalpers? Or just illegal to sell them at an inflated price?
all you need is the ticket
what happens to the person who had the ticket previously should be of no concern
thing is they dont walk around like footy record boys yelling 'Tickets!..Tickets!!'

8-)

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
#1GILL wrote:Is it legal for SC members to get their tickets away? or are there I.D checks and all that jazz?
I am a full afl member with a saints support package and I am gauranteed a grand final ticket if we get thre. Afl members have to show photo ID and our membership card when we enter the ground on grand final day. I don't know what the deal is with social club members but I would asumme it may be the same
I doubt it, once the tickets are received that's all you'll need to get into the ground, afterall we're basically in the 'general admission' area, not AFL, not MCC. No point in them asking to see a social club card that has no picture and I doubt that at the ground they'll be bothering or have the power or inclination to ask for more I.D..

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
I doubt it, once the tickets are received that's all you'll need to get into the ground, afterall we're basically in the 'general admission' area, not AFL, not MCC. No point in them asking to see a social club card that has no picture and I doubt that at the ground they'll be bothering or have the power or inclination to ask for more I.D..
There are no names or membership barcode numbers printed on the tickets - how would any official know who the GA ticket belongs to?

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Been to the last 4 Grand Finals on my AFL Membership and I've never seen or recieved a check?? :?

megs4#31
Club Player

im coming all the way from northern WA, flights been booked for a few months now and got my friend getting registering my ticket with hers on Wednesday. otherwise i would definitely give it to a fellow saints supporter. we need to be there in numbers!

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Since when? I've never shown photo I.D. in my life, and have been to numerous GF's as a full member. Before I was a full member I used to go on a mates ticket. AFL are pretty slack with their checks.

St Michele
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:anyone looking to offload some tickets i will gladly do you a favour and purchase them off you :D
Me too I sm coming across from Perth and have entered every competition known to man. I can;t justify the cost of the packages so ....
I did suggest there be a thread with people who are looking for tickets in it and then if anyone has spare tickets they can look and choose someone saves anyone who has spares being bombarded by pms if they say they have spares but who knows. Good luck to all of you looking. :lol: :lol:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

I'm looking for a SC barcode to be used for the GF by a good mad saints fan - friend of mine. If anyone has one spare, feel free to PM me.

I am also looking for a normal members barcode for the Pre-lim for the same friend.