Chris McDermott - most biased commentator I've heard!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

pluggernaut
Club Player

Chris McDermott - most biased commentator I've heard!!

This year I've endured some of the worst commentators of the year calling our games against the team they used to play with- as in bias. I've sat thru Rohan Smith against the Dogs, James Hird against the Bombers, Buckley against the Pies, Alistair Lynch against the Lions,Adrian Barich against the Eagles (who up until now I had considered the most biased footy commentator in the media) even Luke Darcy against the Doggies. But today on the radio (remember that old invention), I endured the most one eyed, biased, uninformed, parochial, undescriptive (is that a word?) commentary I've sat thru - so much I turned the dial to another station.......
Chris McDermott - you are a joke, and the worst commentator I have had the mispleasure of lisening to in years!!
I hope you sufferd and squirmed as you watched your team get humiliated. I know I squirmed listening to you pathetic commentary. GO SAINTS!!!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Agreed.

For the life of me ill NEVER understand why the TV or radio stations employ former champion players to commentate games involving their old sides. No wonder they are biased but bloody hell its frustrating to listen too even at the best of times.

It doesnt even have to be their old teams as some players (Hird and Lynch im looking square at you) refuse to let their old grudges go. I know its a silly thing to complain about being 16-0 but its very frustrating even at the best of times

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
jay young
Club Player

All Sth aust commentators are the same i once heard stephen rowe say miss miss miss miss very loud when a team was havlng a shot at goal . 5aa hardly talk about the opponents after a crows or power game here , wait until chad cornes retires hell be plastered all over SA radio and tv, mcdermott sux

SoopaSaint
Club Player

Biase

McDermott may be biased... but is he as bad as Brian (I know nothing intelligent) Taylor and Gerard (I'm the best player never to have been asked to coach AFL) Healey..? He would have to go a long way to compete with these two..? According to these two we are yet to play "...a competitor of real substance..." Give us a break!

SoopaSaint
Club Player

Commentators

Pluggernaut - McDermott was never the sharpest tool in the shed... he was just a tool!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Biase

SoopaSaint wrote:McDermott may be biased... but is he as bad as Brian (I know nothing intelligent) Taylor and Gerard (I'm the best player never to have been asked to coach AFL) Healey..? He would have to go a long way to compete with these two..? According to these two we are yet to play "...a competitor of real substance..." Give us a break!

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SoopaSaint
Club Player

Stinger

Stinger - that's the style - hang in there. Welcome to the ride of your life!

westy
Club Player

South Aus commentators are hopeless. I had the good fortune to hear Stan Alves and Aussie Jones on the ABC over here in Perth. Both Stan and Aussie were terrific, you could tell that they still love the Saints

I'm livin' in a madhouse
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Stinger

SoopaSaint wrote:Stinger - that's the style - hang in there. Welcome to the ride of your life!

sorry...i didn't mean to post anything...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

You obviously never had the pleasure of listening to Graham Cornes. Might as well have got someone from the cheer squad to do it.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:South Aus commentators are hopeless. I had the good fortune to hear Stan Alves and Aussie Jones on the ABC over here in Perth. Both Stan and Aussie were terrific, you could tell that they still love the Saints
Aussie Jones and Stan Alves were terrific? Gee I wonder why we enjoy listening to them more? :wink:

saintly_safes
Club Player

Gets a bit carried away with the crows even when they were getting absolutley owned by the mighty saints :wink:

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Had to have a laugh. Was asked who the commentator was..replied Mathew Drain from SEN. Bit of a joke, but for someone non-Saints to notice McDermott was pretty funny. GO SAINTS!!!!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Have to agree about BT and the pies....

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Who's the other guy who does ABC with Stand And Aussie. I like him - he has beenin our last few and he's the only one who actually shows some excitement when we get a goal. Everyone else sound like they just want to *** **********.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

McDermott is living proof that just because you were good at playing the game, doesn't mean you can analyse it or comment on it intelligenty. Good player, very poor commentator in general and not just because of his bias for the crows. He just ain't that bright!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Mc dermott is ken opeless as most S A commentators are. I was in queensland early this year when we played the crows and the only coverage of the game i could get was on radio taking a feed from S A.
Mcdermott and two other S A nobs were commentating, All they did was bag the crows and bag the umpires. They did give the saints some credit however the didnt even know all our players names, which i thought was pathetic for so called professional football commentators!

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Who's the other guy who does ABC with Stand And Aussie. I like him - he has beenin our last few and he's the only one who actually shows some excitement when we get a goal. Everyone else sound like they just want to *** **********.
Gerard Whateley ... an avowed Geelong man, but quite a decent commentator.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
westy wrote:South Aus commentators are hopeless. I had the good fortune to hear Stan Alves and Aussie Jones on the ABC over here in Perth. Both Stan and Aussie were terrific, you could tell that they still love the Saints
Aussie Jones and Stan Alves were terrific? Gee I wonder why we enjoy listening to them more? :wink:
I thought exactly the same thing.

starsign
Club Player

Re: Biase

SoopaSaint wrote:McDermott may be biased... but is he as bad as Brian (I know nothing intelligent) Taylor and Gerard (I'm the best player never to have been asked to coach AFL) Healey..? He would have to go a long way to compete with these two..? According to these two we are yet to play "...a competitor of real substance..." Give us a break!
your wrong about Healey IMHO he's been rapping us all year

and i'm even warming to Taylor a bit now giving him credit for more footy nouse that I originally thought he had

just wished they had of got over the "forward pressure" thing a bit earlier which was a tad overdone throughout the game