King accepts MRP Finding !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

King accepts MRP Finding !!

Steven King has accepted the 4 week penalty handed down by the Match Review Panel.

Politically, this was the correct thing to do !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Welcome to two hours ago.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Welcome to two hours ago.
Thank you very much !!

Legendary
Club Player

Pragmatically this was also the correct thing to do.

We can carry on about equity and fairness (and 2007, when we weren't flag contenders, was the time to make a fuss and challenge the Baker decision).

But there was little chance of the penalty being reduced, and we are copping the other end of the stick because we all carried on about the Clarke/West incident last year.

Well, the AFL listened to us and unfortunately our bloke was the next one to do the same thing.

Keep focused on the footy Saints, and the four weeks will go by quickly.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Re: King accepts MRP Finding !!

Eastern wrote:Steven King has accepted the 4 week penalty handed down by the Match Review Panel.

Was that Match Review Panel or Match Media Panel? Seemed to be hung out to dry by media first

Loyal
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Steven King has accepted the 4 week penalty handed down by the Match Review Panel.

you're right as usual Eastern.
as much as we dont like it and we dont like the four weeks in reality we dont lose much:-
big mac is HUGE for us and with gardo back we dont lose anything at all in reality.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
bigred
Saintsational Legend

meh

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:...we dont lose anything at all in reality.
We will be in a better position in four weeks to judge "reality". Three losses, or an injury or two to a couple of big blokes might make those who seem pretty sanguine about King's treatment realise that bad decisions almost always have bad consequences.

Batnoe

will be good to give McEvoy a decent taste...

Have thought for a while now that King should be rested, his kicks and decision making has been slow and with only 1 year max left in him we may as well play McEvoy.

Gardiner is the better ruckman

Loyal
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:
Loyal wrote:...we dont lose anything at all in reality.
We will be in a better position in four weeks to judge "reality". Three losses, or an injury or two to a couple of big blokes might make those who seem pretty sanguine about King's treatment realise that bad decisions almost always have bad consequences.
i dont know, you're right, but i reckon this is a bit of a blessing in disguise. benny is doing beautifully i reckon. he's huge and so is gardo.
an injury would be problematic but yeah i reckon this is just lovely for benny. he is dominating. more gametime into him is great for finals to have that third reliable ruckman on standby.

Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

Several posts moved to rubbish bin as they had nothing to do with this thread.

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Launcestonsaint wrote:Several posts moved to rubbish bin as they had nothing to do with this thread.
Premature adjudication I feel. Just a bit of by play between supporters. I think some people were missing the humour gene today when they replied to the opening few posts!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

when's that baby due?
plenty of time for Pre natal classes and nappy folding;
bad Luck Kingy

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintly_safes
Club Player

bergsone wrote:

Was that Match Review Panel or Match Media Panel? Seemed to be hung out to dry by media first
Totally agree was hung drawn & quartered before he even got to the mrp.
Robbo (more like Yobbo)really stuck the boots in as did other well known jouro's . It was probably reckless but 6 weeks was a joke.As I said on another post dont be suprised its St.Kilda & the almighty make their own rules as it suits them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly_safes wrote:
bergsone wrote:

Robbo (more like Yobbo)really stuck the boots in as did other well known jouro's . It was probably reckless but 6 weeks was a joke.As I said on another post dont be suprised its St.Kilda & the almighty make their own rules as it suits them.
He actually got 5 weeks and if he had a good record it would have been reduced to to 3 weeks. It had nothing to do with the media. He ran into a player who was minding his own business and knocked him out. The more I see it the worse it looks.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Look; He got 4 weeks. Many commentators & ex players said he copped his fair whack. Let's move on !!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:
bergsone wrote:

He actually got 5 weeks and if he had a good record it would have been reduced to to 3 weeks. It had nothing to do with the media. He ran into a player who was minding his own business and knocked him out. The more I see it the worse it looks.
Well stop looking then.
The more I see it the more I can't see how he got more than 2.

If a team comes out to rough another team up, then they better be ready for some heat coming back.

King was unlucky that's all...

Loyal
Club Player

good point Mav.

it was just disgraceful from north.
and to make matters worse the muppets in the media reckon we should introduce substitutions:
please, you name your 22
if your 22 aren't tough enough then your 22 aren't tough enough.
great effort from kingy, and a great effort from gardo the week before - doing the team thing.

and they praise laidley for being a great coach when we were always, ALWAYS going to run over the top of them.

CJ running wells into the ground.
substitutions, i mean geezuz bloody karyst. harden up north FFS! :x :lol: