Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Iceman234 wrote:Huge bump
From Giansiracusa :D

Before Im 85
Beekay
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:The Kosi factor has raised its ugly head again. WTF do you want from the guy. He has been injury free kicking important goals & more than pulling his weight. The champion talk is in the eyes of the beholder , in my opinion hes a champion but for some strange reason even saint supporters doubt him . He has been injury prone I'll give you that , but this year the bloke has deivered & people are still not happy .Give the bloke a break we are 10 zip.
He is an important player but give me a reason why he is a cchampion. Even this year I doubt he would be in our top 8 players for the year or if he is he would be 7 or 8. An important player for the club but no champion.
Important player is a generalisation.They are all important players but champions lift went it counts & imo he has done that on many occassions. The lions game this year is only one of many he has already kicked 3 , tough shot to get us back in the contest & nails it.Gives the team a real lift & we go on a win the game . I dont expect you to agree with me & friendly banter is what this site is for . 90 % of the time im on your side this time im not :wink:
Champions also get the ball what ever the situation and also I dont know one champion who in 9 years has never finsihed top 8 in the B&F. I would love him to become a champ but he is never going to get there. What he hopefully will do is win a flag and than I couldnt give a stuff if he never gets near being a champ.

i think the term champion is often thrown around a bit loosely and should be reserved for only the very best of the best.

lockett, for example, was a champion. harvey was a champion. ian stewart was a champion. riewoldt is well on his way.

it's a tag that is earned by years of excellence.

in my definition plugger is right. kosi's a very good player for us, but not a champion.

I agree also, but to say he will never be a champion player, is a bit harsh.. he still has another 100 games in him ffs, and he just kicked 6 goals

Sainterone
Club Player

Champions win matches.
I think he was the difference today.

5 contested marks - almost as many as the entire kangas team :shock:
6 great goals

Well done Kosi :D

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sainterone wrote:Champions win matches.

6 great goals

do you have any idea how many times i saw lockett kick six and win us a game?

kosi has some champion-like qualities, which were evident today ... but he has a way to go before he can be classed as one and i reckon he'd be the first to admit it.

but a super effort by the big fella

Munga
Saintsational Legend

He's a wrecking ball with hands :twisted:

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Beekay
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:

6 great goals

kosi has some champion-like qualities, which were evident today ... but he has a way to go before he can be classed as one and i reckon he'd be the first to admit it.

Come on mate, take your hand off it.. you can be a champion player for a season or two and then go play for Richmond.. but you were still a champion player.

eg. Nigel Lappin. Didn't dominate his whole career like your boyfriend Tony Lockett, but would you say he was not a champion player in the Lions 3 peat ?

Remember there is still a step up from a champion player..

and that is a legendary player!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:Looked at him close up last week (on the fence at Carrara) he looks seriously fit, hungry and well.. big.

A big bag is just around the corner for him - hopefully tomorrow arvo actually!! He is a matchwinner for us. Combining superbly with Roo this season, which is a credit to our new forwardline coach.
Tattslotto numbers please

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

6 great goals

Come on mate, take your hand off it.. you can be a champion player for a season or two and then go play for Richmond.. but you were still a champion player.

eg. Nigel Lappin. Didn't dominate his whole career like your boyfriend Tony Lockett, but would you say he was not a champion player in the Lions 3 peat ?

Remember there is still a step up from a champion player..

and that is a legendary player!
well, it depends on your definition. on mine we have one possible champion playing and it's riewoldt.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Great game from Kosi today. Have been fairly vehement in insisting that he's been inconsistent in the past so great to see him start to consistently make a big impact. 15 goals in the past 4 games. Great to see. Could easily have kicked 8 today - missed a couple of easy shots.

jk23
Club Player

CHAMPION :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GOALS !!!!!!!!!!!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintly_safes wrote:The Kosi factor has raised its ugly head again. WTF do you want from the guy. He has been injury free kicking important goals & more than pulling his weight. The champion talk is in the eyes of the beholder , in my opinion hes a champion but for some strange reason even saint supporters doubt him . He has been injury prone I'll give you that , but this year the bloke has deivered & people are still not happy .Give the bloke a break we are 10 zip.
He is an important player but give me a reason why he is a cchampion. Even this year I doubt he would be in our top 8 players for the year or if he is he would be 7 or 8. An important player for the club but no champion.
Important player is a generalisation.They are all important players but champions lift went it counts & imo he has done that on many occassions. The lions game this year is only one of many he has already kicked 3 , tough shot to get us back in the contest & nails it.Gives the team a real lift & we go on a win the game . I dont expect you to agree with me & friendly banter is what this site is for . 90 % of the time im on your side this time im not :wink:
Champions also get the ball what ever the situation and also I dont know one champion who in 9 years has never finsihed top 8 in the B&F. I would love him to become a champ but he is never going to get there. What he hopefully will do is win a flag and than I couldnt give a stuff if he never gets near being a champ.

i think the term champion is often thrown around a bit loosely and should be reserved for only the very best of the best.

lockett, for example, was a champion. harvey was a champion. ian stewart was a champion. riewoldt is well on his way.

it's a tag that is earned by years of excellence.

in my definition plugger is right. kosi's a very good player for us, but not a champion.
Agree with you on the champion tag, except Roo is a champion now, 4 B&F's in a successful era (for St Kilda) is enough, if he never played another game he would be remembered as a champion.

Agree with P66, don't think Kosi can become a champion now, but he is so enjoyable to watch.

Just out of interest was Buckets a champion?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Agree with you on the champion tag, except Roo is a champion now, 4 B&F's in a successful era (for St Kilda) is enough, if he never played another game he would be remembered as a champion.

Agree with P66, don't think Kosi can become a champion now, but he is so enjoyable to watch.

Kosi has plenty of time and ability to become a champion. For mine, if he plays in a premiership team, he is a champion.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
maverick wrote:Agree with you on the champion tag, except Roo is a champion now, 4 B&F's in a successful era (for St Kilda) is enough, if he never played another game he would be remembered as a champion.

Kosi has plenty of time and ability to become a champion. For mine, if he plays in a premiership team, he is a champion.
No he's a legend then :wink:
Last edited by maverick on Sat 06 Jun 2009 8:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Just out of interest was Buckets a champion?
a very good player.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 06 Jun 2009 8:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Just out of interest was Buckets a champion?
a very good player.
Wasn't my quote.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

sorry. fixed.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
maverick wrote:Just out of interest was Buckets a champion?
a very good player.
I agree, think Kosi will end up valued the same way.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

imagine what he will do against the blues next week if we can get enough supply to him!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Kosi taking pack marks and imposing himself on a game.....now........

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT!!

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
eel33
Club Player

Personally, I think we spend too much time trying to define whether one player is a champion or not. Right here, right now, I'm more interested in what Kosi does for our team structure. And I doubt that anyone would argue that as being anything but a huge positive. We can assess whether he is a champion or not when his career ends - hopefully many years from now.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

6 great goals

Great game Kosi, however he is far from a champion.

His best in our B&F is 9th many years ago. Today was his best goal tally ever.
He is being played in the right position now and has the opportunity to become a champion. Still a long way to go.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintly_safes
Club Player

Good game Kosi you have your knockers but you have alot of loyal fans too.Keep up the good work :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

6 great goals

Great game Kosi, however he is far from a champion.

His best in our B&F is 9th many years ago. Today was his best goal tally ever.
He is being played in the right position now and has the opportunity to become a champion. Still a long way to go.
As I have said before do not watch games through 2 eyes but if you do you must get carried away with a player when they are best on the ground. Grammy is a champion.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 07 Jun 2009 1:56am, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Jumping Justin Koschitzke lifts Saints
Jay Clark | June 07, 2009 12:00am
IN football there is such a thing as a spiritual leader. Justin Koschitzke, though, is St Kilda's spiritual lifter. As North pounced to a five-goal lead yesterday, the question was asked of the St Kilda playing group, who wanted to opt out.

The answer, of course, is no one. But it took something special from Lenny Hayes and Koschitzke to ignite them.

As Kosi reached for the skies and began to split packs with some monster second-term grabs, it was significant how much the team mood lifted. How much they became energised.

Housemate Leigh Montagna knows the thrill all his teammates get out of watching Koschitzke fire as only he can.

"It's exciting for the playing group because, as we know, he has been through so many injuries and so many tough times," Montagna said.

"It's nice he's getting the reward and it's a credit for the hard work he's done, because he's put in so much extra time to get his body right.

"There's no doubt, to see him up and firing really does lift the boys."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
claystreet
Club Player

I am a big fan of Kosi hes got heaps more juice in the tank yet.

8-)