Social Club Membership - Only 1000 spots left!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Might be a poor reason but the AFL give those monies received for being an AFL back to the clubs as a distribution. Without access to the GF there would be no AFL membership. Also in the past todays AFL members were Waverley members and they helped build that ground and as such the Saints benefited when it was sold. The Saints if they make the GF will receive an extra 1000 tickets as will every club to do with what they want. Do you think they will give them back to the members. No. Because as much as you hate it the GF is a corporate day as much as a day for the fans and unless the stadium increases to 200000 it will always be that way as it is an important fund raiser for all clubs.
Plugger I generally agree with a lot of what you post and respect your opinions. But on this occasion you sound just like a corporate apologist for the big end of town who doesn't give a toss about grass roots supporters.
You sound just like one of the "haves" within the system who makes up justifications as to why it's a fair and just system when it clearly isn't.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Might be a poor reason but the AFL give those monies received for being an AFL back to the clubs as a distribution. Without access to the GF there would be no AFL membership. Also in the past todays AFL members were Waverley members and they helped build that ground and as such the Saints benefited when it was sold. The Saints if they make the GF will receive an extra 1000 tickets as will every club to do with what they want. Do you think they will give them back to the members. No. Because as much as you hate it the GF is a corporate day as much as a day for the fans and unless the stadium increases to 200000 it will always be that way as it is an important fund raiser for all clubs.
Plugger I generally agree with a lot of what you post and respect your opinions. But on this occasion you sound just like a corporate apologist for the big end of town who doesn't give a toss about grass roots supporters.
You sound just like one of the "haves" within the system who makes up justifications as to why it's a fair and just system when it clearly isn't.
Of course it is for the big end of town, well the 16000 seats the clubs get, but not the AFL or MCC members. Dont have to have big money to join both those groups. So do you think the Saints if we make the GF will give those seats back to the public? Why do we make it you have to join the social club to get a GF ticket. It isnt to make it easier, its so we have some reason to sell social club tickets so the club make more money. It will always be about the money unless we had a bigger stadium. That is life I'm afraid and it will not change whoever is in charge of the AFL.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

upgraded today from interstate to 11 gamer and social club
bring on the finals and bring on that magical day in september....
im never hunting for GF packages again
:)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Of course it is for the big end of town, well the 16000 seats the clubs get, but not the AFL or MCC members. Dont have to have big money to join both those groups. So do you think the Saints if we make the GF will give those seats back to the public? Why do we make it you have to join the social club to get a GF ticket. It isnt to make it easier, its so we have some reason to sell social club tickets so the club make more money. It will always be about the money unless we had a bigger stadium. That is life I'm afraid and it will not change whoever is in charge of the AFL.

yep you're right. it's all about the money and no amount of gnashing and griping will change it.
It's sucked the life out of the GF though. I can remember attending GF's when the MCG absolutely rocked with chants from fans from each club trying to outdo each other. Now apart from pockets of supporters from each club the atmosphere seems to be heightened compared to your average H&A game, but the crowd don't seem to be that involved. And that would be because of all of the noddys who game to one game a year and couldn't really give a toss and various other corporate and sponsors' hangers on. Meh......it hasn't always been about the money. It used to be about the game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

yep you're right. it's all about the money and no amount of gnashing and griping will change it.
It's sucked the life out of the GF though. I can remember attending GF's when the MCG absolutely rocked with chants from fans from each club trying to outdo each other. Now apart from pockets of supporters from each club the atmosphere seems to be heightened compared to your average H&A game, but the crowd don't seem to be that involved. And that would be because of all of the noddys who game to one game a year and couldn't really give a toss and various other corporate and sponsors' hangers on. Meh......it hasn't always been about the money. It used to be about the game.
Well I go every year and I havent noticed much difference. Still the best day of footy for the year by a long way.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Well I go every year and I havent noticed much difference. Still the best day of footy for the year by a long way.
when was your first GF?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
when was your first GF?
1971 and then 1983. Then it was 1987 and have been every year since except 2000 and 1990.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 or anyone...

Why was the Social Club Membership restricted to 8,500 last year and other years...

I fail to see why the Club would place a restriction and then this year increase it?

Has the Clubs allocation of GF tickets increased this year???

If not, why was it restricted to 8,500 members last year??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:plugger66 or anyone...

Why was the Social Club Membership restricted to 8,500 last year and other years...

I fail to see why the Club would place a restriction and then this year increase it?

Wouldnt have a clue but my guess is they can now guarantee an 6000 tickets to the competing clubs because they dropped club allocations from 1500 to 1000.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:plugger66 or anyone...

from my understanding ( I can't find the link to Archie saying so;) the AFL have upped the allocation to competing clubs .

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107