We wil lose one of the North, Blues or Tigers games ....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:yeah probably will.

So what?
It'll prove that we need to make 6 changes the following week and find some x factor before we lose the GF. :shock:
We paly the GF in R12??

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Craw
Club Player

So what?
So then we can drop 10 players. Say nothings changed we are just losers, blame the coach, training staff, admin and board and be happy again that we have failed.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Milton66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Milton66 wrote:

So what?
It'll prove that we need to make 6 changes the following week and find some x factor before we lose the GF. :shock:
We paly the GF in R12??
Round 14, you cabbage. :lol: :wink:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
kaos theory
Club Player

IMO the occasional loss lets you ebb out any complacency that might have crept in and really recharges your hunger for that ultimate sucess. It is a really tough gig mentally to win week in week out and I think Geelong suffered from exactly that in last years GF. They were flat and mentally exhausted by the time they made the GF.
It wasn't that the cats hadn't lost a game for a while that lead to the gf loss last yr.

If they kicked straight, the game would have been over at half time.

You are drawing a long bow....

Losing sometimes can help, but othertimes its a negative, e.g. we went on a mini slide in 04 after our round 11 loss.

I don't think it matters either way.

What's important is aim to win, and keep consistnecy under all conditions. Therefore, come the gf, you have a good chance of winning...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:

So what?
So then we can drop 10 players. Say nothings changed we are just losers, blame the coach, training staff, admin and board and be happy again that we have failed.
Oh I see.

Well cant wait for that to start. All this winning sure doesn't fit right. Would be best to start failing again so we can all get comfortable again.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The Craw wrote:

So what?
Oh I see.

Well cant wait for that to start. All this winning sure doesn't fit right. Would be best to start failing again so we can all get comfortable again.
me too - feel a bit like susan boyle at the mo! (hoping we go one better than her tho!) :wink:

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Re: Big picture people...

WinnersOnly wrote:Would you rather win all three games or the GF?
Both! :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Tigers with the new coach concern me....are we thr first team to cop them with it?

They shoulda rolled us last year tbh....they had us.

Contain Judd and u go a long way to stopping Carltons mids.

“Yeah….nah””
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
Ghost Like wrote: Whilst with every win you're closest to your next loss,
and also your next win!
Toss a coin 10 times - get ten heads - odds on the next toss remains the same as the first toss!
not true the coin is fixed. the next toss will also be heads

#1 Ryder fan
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Re: We wil lose one of the North, Blues or Tigers games ....

Mr X from the West wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote: As good as team as Geelong are I think they are heading to make the same mistakes that they made in 2008 come finals...
What is your basis for this comment?
The law of averages which in reality doesn't exist. Just ask Geelong. I suppose it's just the like the saying at the foot of your post - "Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"

Another opportunity awaits!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Tigers with the new coach concern me....are we thr first team to cop them with it?

They shoulda rolled us last year tbh....they had us.

Contain Judd and u go a long way to stopping Carltons mids.
luckily we will be the 2nd team that cops the new richmond coach!

saintly_safes
Club Player

Yes there is a chance we will go into the Geelong game with a loss or maybe even 2.Imo that wont be a really bad thing , the pressure will be off a bit & Geelong might get a bit too cocky. It will be disapointing when we lose our first game but its not the be all & end all.Ross Lyon made a really sensible quote in an interview this week, that sometimes you gain more from a loss than a win.