Zac's game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

As slow as he looks most of the time he seems to be clear with plenty of space and time to lope around.

He looks the sort of player that is going to get run all over and left behind but obviously reads the play well and is getting the job done.

markp
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
vacuous space wrote:Interestingly enough, he's now number one in the AFL for disposal efficiency (91.7%). In the last four weeks he's had only two ineffective disposals and one disposal clanger. For the year he has only 10 ineffective disposals and 4 disposal clangers. He's also 5th in the league for 1% (predominantly spoils)....
Unfortunately such "inconvenient" statistics are of no use when those who want his omission are doing so only because their pinup is not in the team. His disposal efficiency is on a par with players in Geelong's backline, in most cases better. He is one of those players, who despite his size, always seems to have time to dispose of the ball. I still can't believe that we picked up both he and Farren Ray (who had a good game against Melbourne I thought) at the same time.
+1

Nothing sweeter than a genuine bargain.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Nearly his best game. Now what do they do with Max and Zac. Maybe Max plays because heis ahead of Zac on the alphabet.
Very stupid analysis, but can't say I'm surprised,

clearly Hudghton would come in for either R. Clarke or Blake,

Dawson is playing brilliant football, has been a revelation and I would select him ahead of Hudghton at the minute.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:If it was 70%, like some Freo players, you would certainly notice the difference.
If it was 70%, he'd have 36 ineffective disposals rather than 10. So yeah, it'd be pretty noticable.

You'd struggle to find a key back with an efficiency that low though. Tarrant's is 85%, as is Grover's.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Nearly his best game. Now what do they do with Max and Zac. Maybe Max plays because heis ahead of Zac on the alphabet.

Dawson is playing brilliant football, has been a revelation and I would select him ahead of Hudghton at the minute.
Well b4e have a look at this...

http://superstats.heraldsun.com.au/profile/240552.html

It would take a brave coach to replace Zac on this...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Wow, I am already a fan....but should get some of the anti-zacs to have a read.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

Wow, I am already a fan....but should get some of the anti-zacs to have a read.
His worst game was his first, but he has improved his disposals and in confidence since and to me is a must in our 22

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

thanks fid,

92% disposal efficiency is very impressive,

Gram the show ponies disposal efficiency would be lucky to be 50%,

Dawson is an absolute star, been brilliant, I seriously can't believe anyone would even contemplate him making way for anyone,

R. Clarke and Blake would be the first cabs off the rank out of the team, to make way for Max, IMO

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I would love to see max, zac in the back half that maybe free Blake to play a midfield roll (he has great endurance) and it may free Gilbert to play up forward .....

But given those stats and Zac's ability to keep his opponent down with a minimal score with a great 90% disposal efficiency, one fails to see why he will be dropped, even at the expense of Max

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:I would love to see max, zac in the back half that maybe free Blake to play a midfield roll (he has great endurance) and it may free Gilbert to play up forward .....

But given those stats and Zac's ability to keep his opponent down with a minimal score with a great 90% disposal efficiency, one fails to see why he will be dropped, even at the expense of Max
I am sure that Ross Lyon was preparing for this in the preseason, he played Gilbert up forward most of the practice games from memory. He was aware that we would have an abundance of players returning from injuries, and was perhaps experimenting then...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
A tongue in cheek post is hardly an analysis... fancy deliberately misinterpreting a quote can't say I'm surprised
barks4eva wrote: Dawson is playing brilliant football, has been a revelation and I would select him ahead of Hudghton at the minute.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Just curiously... who would you rather in the team come September???
Last edited by skeptic on Wed 03 Jun 2009 1:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Unfortunately such "inconvenient" statistics are of no use when those who want his omission are doing so only because their pinup is not in the team.
Disposal efficiency isn't really what I'd look at from a key back. Max had a 90.5% efficiency last year including a team-high 89.1% kicking efficiecy. The nature of the position leads to very high disposal efficiencies. Most of the top efficiency guys are key backs. It doesn't mean a hell of a lot.
of course it must mean something. low efficiency would mean he would not be playing in the backline. and the the other team would be kicking more goals due to turnovers.