I'm Excited

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bozza1980
Club Player

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Umm we won't be a good side till we beat the teams above us... untill then relax all. :shock:
Fair call.

asiu

So while so many of you are soaking up and bathing in the glory of last weeks game I'm only looking at how these performances will rate in the game that really matters.
i'm with u 7

win the bloody thing ...all else is condiment

starsign
Club Player

gazrat wrote:
So while so many of you are soaking up and bathing in the glory of last weeks game I'm only looking at how these performances will rate in the game that really matters.
i'm with u 7

win the bloody thing ...all else is condiment
thats fair enough !
but don't chuck out the baby with the bathwater in dismissing the 9th win and by that I mean give creedence to the fact that according to some:they had us on "toast" but we all know what we were able to do when faced with the challenge late final quarter
So my argument is ...surely this (and any other time we can come away with a win in such a fashion, but more importantly learn some valuable lessons in the process and build up our confidence for times of similar circumstances, well and good .....
AND or just for the sake of your argument (ie focusing only on the one game that matters) it may just happen to be that the Cats or whoever maybe leading us at similarly at 3/4 time.and we may well be 9 pts or more behind with 10 mins to go
Surely wins like this are good to have stored away in the memory bank ,to be reflected on, if and when, a similar crunch time is faced in "the game that matters"

might even be against the same mob and its a case of "come on boys we know how to do it from here " we done it before (even though some folks like you didn't care 2 hoots about it)

and we are talking about a unique group of players here, not the 94 mob '66 or whoever The 2009 or near future destiny of our club in terms of winning the Biggy is in these blokes hands , and more importantly in THEIR MINDS so surely its all gotta help

so I for one are not
soaking up and bathing in the glory of last weeks game
as you generalize , but more importantly are penciling it in as another valuable lesson the boys can take out of the game ....all helping to build up to that one game that , and lets face it , we are all just as anxious about!

CJ09

Re: I'm Excited

Couldn't agree more, nothing better than being on a winning streak, esepcially after a few years where we didn't quite live up to our potential. Let's hope it keeps rolling on into september.