A very trivial whinge, but......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintDebi
Club Player

A very trivial whinge, but......

How exciting is this season?!
Like all saints fans, we are having a ball, attending nearly every Victorian game (except the Mon twilight) and really loving feeling a part of this great team of ours.
One thing I find mildly disappointing though is the fact that after each game when the boys approach the crowd they rarely if ever come anywhere near the majority of the members wing. They all head in the same direction from around about the 50 mtr line towards the goals near the Locket end, forgetting the hundreds of reserved seat members on the rest of that side of the ground.
As an adult with older teenage kids, I'm not worried about the posters or anything like that. I'd just like them to see our appreciation and enthusiasm, and perhaps for them to acknowledge our presence and support too.
As I said, its a bit of a whinge, and yes its trivial, but if people are honest, I bet I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Yeah - I agree - they never come up to the second level either - lol - not that I am saying they shoud - but I would love for Sainter_Boy to high five them - especially seeing as he cant get totheir training any more!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Its nice that they acknowledge the cheer squad, but they should share the love.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I sit in Aisle 36 and there is always 2-3 players head over our way to acknowledge the support. I think they do a pretty good job of spreading themselves out from near us around the Lockett end to the Social Club area !!

GrumpyOne

Be nice if they did a Pat Cash Wimbledon thing and climbed up to the second level.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Happy if it's because they're absolutely stuffed after the game.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure when we win the flag and they do five very slow laps of the M.C.G. all thiss will be forgotten.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintDebi
Club Player

snoopygirl wrote:Happy if it's because they're absolutely stuffed after the game.
Yep. If that's the reason its good enough for me!

Like I said, it would be nice to know they see our appreciation and enthusiasm but truth is they are probably aware of that anyway. It was a trivial gripe and I'm not losing any sleep over it.

When all's said and done it really doesn't matter as long as we keep up the footy we're playing.
Go Saints!

SaintDebi
Club Player

Does someone from the club monitor this site?
Strangely for the first time in ages the boys spread out and approached fans right around the wing after the game against Brisbane. Just coincidence maybe, but whatever the reason, after my whinge about it last week, I'd like to say thanks guys for acknowledging and including us all in that exciting win over the Lions. My blood pressure has almost dropped back to normal......

GrumpyOne

SaintDebi wrote:Does someone from the club monitor this site?
Yes.

ace
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:]I'm sure when we win the flag and they do five very slow laps of the M.C.G. all thiss will be forgotten.
Mr Demetriou has plans for St Kilda supporters.
He will provide St Kilda with such a small number of Grand Final tickets from the 75,000 that he controls that only
St Kilda social club,
St Kilda cheer squad,
St Kilda support AFL and
Melbourne Cricket Club full
members will even get to see the game in person.

Ordinary St Kilda members with or without season reserved seating will have to watch this premiership on the box.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Trojan
Club Player

ace wrote:
Ordinary St Kilda members with or without season reserved seating will have to watch this premiership on the box.
Forgive me while I play Devil's Advocate....

Demand for Grand Final tickets is heavy, while supply is finite. If you can accept this fact, then you can accept that entry to all members of each club playing can not be guaranteed.

In fact, members (and the general public) can purchase a "Centre Square" pass for $1500 to see their beloved Saints compete in a Grand Final.

MCC Members pay in excess of $550 per year to maintain their membership. Over 20 years this may equate to over $10,000.

I guess purchasing a Centre Square pass each time the Saints make the GF is money well spent, in my opinion.

Can't afford it? Most people spend $3 on a coffee and $10 on take away lunch every day. That's over $2800 a year on junk food... Make you own lunch each day for pittance and go without the coffee....

Welcome to the Grand Final...

GrumpyOne

Trojan wrote:Most people spend $3 on a coffee and $10 on take away lunch every day. That's over $2800 a year on junk food... Make you own lunch each day for pittance and go without the coffee....

Welcome to the Grand Final...
So I do without coffee for the whole year just in case the Saints make the GF?

That's a hell of a price to pay on a perhapser. :shock:

Trojan
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
That's a hell of a price to pay on a perhapser. :shock:
Hehe .. you'll end up with so much money that you can buy double shots the next year..

Either that, or take out a personal loan for $1500 on Fri September 25th and go without coffees for 2010.

Problem solved :)

marksnsparks
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Be nice if they did a Pat Cash Wimbledon thing and climbed up to the second level.
Why stop there....I want to see them get their arse up to L3 where the majority of members are anyway. Seat then on the back of a ute and drive up the ramps.

:wink:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Tim Watson didn't contribute much to this club, but his observation that we "over-celebrated" wins always stuck with me.

Acknowledge the crowd - they already do this - but don't go over the top. I think player-fan interaction is healthy etc, but there's a time and place.

Save that for the last day in September. That's when it really matters.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

sainter35
Club Player

Strangely for the first time in ages the boys spread out and approached fans right around the wing after the game against Brisbane. Just coincidence maybe, but whatever the reason, after my whinge about it last week, I'd like to say thanks guys for acknowledging and including us all in that exciting win over the Lions. My blood pressure has almost dropped back to normal......
If you looked at the huddle after the game it was at Nick's direction that everybody spread out and it was actually him (and Sam Gilbert) who went the furthest (all the way to the other end of the ground).

Later on you hear that he's been sick in bed all week with tonsilitis.

I thought that was a good touch.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Yes.
I would think it's more than just someone...

SaintDebi
Club Player

sainter35 wrote:
If you looked at the huddle after the game it was at Nick's direction that everybody spread out and it was actually him (and Sam Gilbert) who went the furthest (all the way to the other end of the ground).

Later on you hear that he's been sick in bed all week with tonsilitis.

I thought that was a good touch.
An excellent effort by Roo wasn't it? Doesn't surprise me though. That guy is the ultimate proffessional.