Channel 7 coverage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Duggie
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Thankfully we got the song, but the coverage was a disgrace. Camera angels a joke, they don't follow the play properly and yes I agree, why do they film the game up so high you can't see who has the ball. Now I know you can turn the commentary down, but you should'nt have to. McAveney just hates St Kilda. Doesn't matter who we play he is constantly willing the other team to play well and beat us. I can't stand him. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I go with that Bev. Pretty hard to distinguish a mob of ants running around. And why can't the Ch 7 callers pronounce Monty's name right. When I spoke to him up here about it he said he preferred MontaGna (without a Y) :lol:

A Saint Forever!
roxanne
Club Player

When I'm at the game, I always watch the Ch 7 coverage in replay on Fox.
Perfect. No ads. When I have to watch it live I'm in hell.

Yesterday I was quite astonished to hear Tim Watson barracking for the Lions under his breath....or maybe he was just being encouraging to the underdog. Perhaps they just support a close contest.

I haven't noticed McAvenny being anti-Saints but Dennis Commeti is very pro. Loved the argy bargy between him and Nathan Buckley during the Collingwood shellacking.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Watched the game when i got home from work last night.

Thought the coverage was very, very average.

Horrible, in fact.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Why is it that Foxtel, who are showing the replay of the actual Channel 7 broadcast within a time frame of 2 hours and 50 minutes fcan find the time to show the interview with Joey at the end of the game plus the last thirty seconds of the song yet [/b] Channel 7 who owns this particular broadcast fail to show it week in, week out, after a 3 hour broadcast full of nothing.?
At least I can watch it on Foxtel, but what about all of those who rush home from the train station to catch the last minutes of the game only to be dished up with "game over" It's a joke and clearly Channel 7 doesn't not listen or care about what is of interest to the supporters.

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

Hey Bratty!

We got the whole show here in Drwin and I taped it. Where were you standing at the end of the game? Did any players come near? I'd love to try picking you out of the crowd!

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Setanta over here had the Joey interview...a few scenes of the side coming out of the de-briefing....Lyon ruffling Clint's hair ( coach's favourite!)...and then the song. But the were gone pretty quick...

Only the second or third time we've been on Setanta this year.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

did anyone get the lenny interview

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintPM
Club Player

Got the Lenny interview in Brisbane on CH7, but not the Monty

Sign Sealed for Life
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

SaintPM wrote:Got the Lenny interview in Brisbane on CH7, but not the Monty
we also got the post game locker room shots & the Lyon chug on the shoulder for CJ on 7.
Subsequent replay on Austar/Fox that night - NO song or interview extras and you pay $70p/m for THAT.

Personally I love the over head shot of the play especially on replay. You get to see how much some of these guys work to cover the ground they do (read: Roo)

A comment on 7's coverage on Sunday, I think I have nutted the major concern.
Older viewers may not like this, but I think in an effort to sexy up the telecast for the Y gens, the director cuts the shots at a fast pace. Long/tight/crowd reaction/over head, the younger brain processes it quicker.
I blame music videos, and declining attention span.

Seeya
SaintPM
Club Player

Sunsaint,

Agree, I dont mind the high shot on replay or as a snapshot for who is where and doing what before a kick is made; my gripe was when 3 kicks in a row were made all on high shot, no problem with picking up who is who with black and white shorts, but damned if I can find the pigskin from that angle.

as a baby boomer/Xgen I can understand the idea of sexing up the coverage, next you'll be telling me the players are deeeelicious :) :)

Sign Sealed for Life
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Thankfully we got the song, but the coverage was a disgrace. Camera angels a joke, they don't follow the play properly and yes I agree, why do they film the game up so high you can't see who has the ball. Now I know you can turn the commentary down, but you should'nt have to. McAveney just hates St Kilda. Doesn't matter who we play he is constantly willing the other team to play well and beat us. I can't stand him. :evil: :evil: :evil:
1. His name is McAvaney.
2. I won't accept that he is biased against us- what about the interview with our midfield group. Bruce is a star, the best in the game along with Gerard Whateley and Tim Lane.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

SaintPM wrote:Sunsaint,

snip...
but damned if I can find the pigskin from that angle.
I have been working on this.
A special UV pigment could be painted on the ball. The Domes lighting could have black light lamps and that will make the ball luminesce like a catseye on a dark night.
You heard about it hear first.
& I will retain Stinger on mates rates to sue the bejeebus out of anyone who steals the idea

Seeya
Griggsy
SS Life Member

I was gonna make a thread on this also lol.

My eyes cant take much more switches between upclose to the play and far away. It changes every 2 seconds and its bloody hard to keep up with the ball.
Not to mention the constant meaningless shots that are shown WHILE PLAY IS STILL GOING. Showing the forward target on a short lead is all well and good if it goes there, but i dont want to miss the play if thats not what happened.

In that game one time the commentators were going nuts and all we saw was a dissapointed someone who missed a shot at goal ( the ball was still in play) Was when Jones almost soccered it in or something in the goalsquare....i wouldnt know, i didnt see it!@@! And there was no replay. I LOATHE SUNDAY GAMES BECAUSE OF CHANNEL 7!!!