what was wrong with kosi?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Armitage was warming up incase Luke Ball did not play. Apparently soreness in his upper right leg was the reason. Don't know if it was groin, quad or hamstring.

yipper
SS Life Member

What's wrong with Kosi?? Well he took 8 marks and kicked 4 goals. Was always dangerous. Reckon if there is something wrong with him - don't fix it!!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

rexy wrote:I dont know if anyone knows why, but Luke Ball when straight down to the rooms at the first siren, ran to the bench and just kept running. Only had 3 on the bench for the first couple of minutes and then he returned and did a lot of stretching and did not sit with the other boys but with some kind of club official? Maybe that is why Armo warmed up?
Makes sense now, I thought Bally had a pretty poor game. In one sense I'm relieved, it would account for his performance.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:What's wrong with Kosi?? Well he took 8 marks and kicked 4 goals. Was always dangerous. Reckon if there is something wrong with him - don't fix it!!!
as someone else pointed out, any key forward who kicks four goals has done his job.

he did cop a heavy knock (clash of heads in the second quarter i think) and wandered around a bit groggy and dazed for a while.

all in all he played a very effective game as a key forward and is taking a lot of pressure off riewoldt.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

now I know why the sun sells so many papers

people read the headline and make their own story. Shame people can't actually read to the end of things......

anyway go kosi :D interesting that he and roo kicked 7 of 13 goals. Good partnership

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

well perhaps he had a virus, as bernard shakey suggested. if so, can we arrange for him to have one every week. :wink:

To the top
SS Life Member

In the first quarter he had an Essendon player with the ball hemmed into the pocket boundary line, the Essendon player went goal side and Kosi seemed to have trouble moving allowing him to run off, then looking distressed for a period but waving away any meaningful attention from the trainer.

Recovered from that, whatever it was.

Down the other end he crashed a pack, copping it around the lower mid-riff and going to ground. The Essendon player stayed down longer holding a knee.

Had periods off the ground, but came back on to take a meaningful and strong mark in defence (where he was sent from the bench) in "red time".

Came back on very late in the game and was on at the end so must be OK.

What caused the problem in the first quarter was not evident to me.

Maybe just jarred something, but he was uncomfortable.