BUCKLEY

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Only thing that annoyed me about him last night was on 'gameday' when he said we haven't been tested yet as we haven't played the top sides.

Nathan?
We played the dogs who are clearly the 3rd best side in the comp and rolled them easily. We beat 4th placed Port at there home and trounced them. Apart from Geelong,who else is there? Hawthorn are very ordinary at the moment...Collingwood are supposed to be one of the better one's ,so aside from geelong,who else is there Nathan?
Ridiculous comment

Bring back the Lockett era
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i kinda like buckley so didn't mind his bias at all....especially since we were towelling up his old side.....suppose he could have just sat there and cried....but he will coach them next year...we just made sure of that.......so you would expect him to be looking for positives...i don't find him anywhere as offensive as lane or that clown who used to play for the girls down at sleepy hollow.....dwayne something rings a bell...... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by stinger on Tue 12 May 2009 12:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

goodie wrote:
stinger wrote:interesting perspective from filth forum

"Author Message
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:28 pm
Post subject: Channel 7 Commentary
Was it just me or was Commetti And Bruce really rubbing our faces (Magpie supporters) in it tonight?

I normally can tolerate Commetti but tonight has done it for me. Thank god for Bux & Leathal to put a bit of equality back into the call. No more ch7 for me I'll be turning down the sound and listening to the radio from now on!"

flower me....
:roll: :roll: :roll:
How long do you think before this rocket scientist realises that won't work with a delayed telecast?
Gold!

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

jonesy wrote:Only thing that annoyed me about him last night was on 'gameday' when he said we haven't been tested yet as we haven't played the top sides.

Nathan?
We played the dogs who are clearly the 3rd best side in the comp and rolled them easily. We beat 4th placed Port at there home and trounced them. Apart from Geelong,who else is there? Hawthorn are very ordinary at the moment...Collingwood are supposed to be one of the better one's ,so aside from geelong,who else is there Nathan?
Ridiculous comment
I came looking for this thread because I just saw that on Gameday.

"I think the highest ranked team they've played is Port who are about 5th or 6th.....so they're going to come against sides who are better ranked"

Buckley is actually a lot better commentator than I would have expected but that comment is just ridiculous.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It might be interesting to look at where the teams we've played would be on the ladder if they hadn't played us yet?

Apart from not losing the 4 points their percentage would be a lot better than it currently is.

The current AFL ladder is distorted by the fact that some teams have played us and others haven't. (the same can be said for teams who haven't played Geelong as yet).

With the logjam between 5th and 14th so tight, a final 8 position may well end up being dependant on how many times during the season you get to play St Kilda and Geelong? (if both teams keep up their current form)

Both us and Geelong seem to be inflicting heavy defeats on our opponents which is severely impacting on their percentage.

SainterX
Club Player

It makes me almost sick to see this clowns name on our boards.

The guy is a moron like Michael Christian, so one eyed but at least we know where they are coming from.

The only memory I have of this fool is the day he kicked out after a behind straight into Milney, it still makes me chuckle.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

I don't know if you heard him, just before the game started, accidentally dropping in the unforgivable "WE" when describing Collingwood. I noticed the commentary on the night, but sniggered when I heard that on the tape last night.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

We've played:

3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14

Geelong's played:

6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16

Maybe Buckley has the two teams mixed up.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintly
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Only thing that annoyed me about him last night was on 'gameday' when he said we haven't been tested yet as we haven't played the top sides.

Nathan?
Ridiculous comment
much prefer the line of " we have n't played the teop sides yet.

that will help the saints and its supports from lifting the lid too much or thinking we playing in a grandfinal yet, when we haven't got there

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:We've played:

3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14

Geelong's played:

6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16

Maybe Buckley has the two teams mixed up.
Based on this year we have played:
Sydney (6th in 2008)
Adelaide (8th at the time in 2009)
West Coast (6th)
Fremantle (14th)
Port Adelaide (4th)
Bulldogs (4th)
Collingwood (4th)

Geelong have played:
Hawthorn (1st from 2008)
Richmond (16th)
Collingwood (5th)
Adelaide (8th)
Brisbane (8th)
Melbourne (15th)
Sydney (7th)

The last three teams we have played were in the top 4 and we made them look ordinary.

That is why we have the perception that we have played nobody...Every team that plays us can't use the ball well and can't score. We make them do that. At least Buckley acknowledged that in his review of the game.