Two AA HBs.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Two AA HBs.....

Right here and now....in Sam and Gilbert we have the two AA HBFs.

I am blown away by how much Gilbert has improved this year....and he is delivering EVERY week.

When we play he Cats...they may help us gain an edge...

Against the Cats

They have the edge in the midfield..
I believe our backline is more attacking
I also see us having the edge up forward.
Rucks are bout level.

Can't wait for Round 14.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert has been simply phenomenal...

The sort of player that other clubs must be absolutely killing to have.

Great in the air, huge improvement in his disposal, great tank, great ability to read the play, can beat his opponent and has the ground level skills of someone half his size.

I'm confident he will become the superstar we have been waiting for him to become.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

I think one of the (many) killers in playing the Saints so far in '09 is you just cannot trade loose men.

It's virtually impossible to get a good matchup doing so. In Gwilt and McQualter, the Saints have 2 very able defensive forwards who will hurt you the other way if you don't pay respect in turn, and in our own backline, we can go with any of:
Goddard,
Fisher,
Gilbert.

All of whom will happily kill the opposition in the air and on the ground defensively, and going forward with the ball as well.

The thing I've really enjoyed watching them do it is seeing how all 3 approach their attack differently too.

Big props to Gilbert for stepping up to that level, as the other 2 are out and out guns.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Agree that Gilbert has come on in a huge way this year. I LOVE his attack on the footy. He goes straight at it and backs himself. He looks assured in the air and at ground level. Loving how he's developed into such a quality player.
I think it was Lethal on the after game wrap last night who was touting Sam as an AA backman. Might have been the host guy, not sure. But as per your thread title sRr, is in AA form at present. Awesome to see.