Buying GA tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Buying GA tickets

I know this is probably somewhere else on the site but I want to know how I go about buying GA tickets for tomorrow night's match. As I've previously stated, I'm rocking up at half time with a mate from work but I don't want to miss out in case it sells out so I want to book one.

We are both full members. How do I go about it? And how much does it cost?
Last edited by OneEyedSainter77 on Mon 11 May 2009 1:29pm, edited 2 times in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: Buying Ga tickets.

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I know this is probably somewhere else on the site but I want to know how I go about buying GA tickets for tomorrow night's match. As I've previously stated, I'm rocking up at half time with a mate from work but I don't want to miss out in case it sells out so I want to book one.

Ticketmaster webiste...but make sure you select the General Admission option not just "Level 3" cos there are reserved seats on Level 3 too

Cost $28.10 all up..$22.60 admsision plus $5.50 booking fee for booking more than 30mins prior to the gates opening (which is when the stadium ticket boxes open btw)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I know this is probably somewhere else on the site but I want to know how I go about buying GA tickets for tomorrow night's match. As I've previously stated, I'm rocking up at half time with a mate from work but I don't want to miss out in case it sells out so I want to book one.

Ticketmaster webiste...but make sure you select the General Admission option not just "Level 3" cos there are reserved seats on Level 3 too

Cost $28.10 all up..$22.60 admsision plus $5.50 booking fee for booking more than 30mins prior to the gates opening (which is when the stadium ticket boxes open btw)
22.60 admission?

Should be 5.50 if you go to the Membership section and enter your barcode number.

Go here: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/partner_ ... Nc-fzevqEp

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:
saint66au wrote:

22.60 admission?

Should be 5.50 if you go to the Membership section and enter your barcode number.

Yes true good point..if you are a 16 game Member...its Collingwoods home game remember :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
Moorabbin Saints wrote:
saint66au wrote:

22.60 admission?

Yes true good point..if you are a 16 game Member...its Collingwoods home game remember :-)
Yep, we're both full members. So does that mean that we can get in for $6 then? that sounds a lot better than $30

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If by full you mean 16 game..then yes :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:If by full you mean 16 game..then yes :-)
Yer sorry, I meant 16 game members. I can't believe I made the same mistake twice. Ah well. Thanks for your help all.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

That sucks! I don't KNOW my tweleve digit barcode because I haven't received my membership in the mail yet. All I know is my member number. How do I find out the rest of it?

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Try calling the club.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

n1ck wrote:Try calling the club.
So they can give me my entire 12 digit barcode if all I have is my member number?

Thanks heaps everyone for your help in this topic btw!

mcadam05
Club Player

16game members get in free

rymax
Club Player

So as a 16 game member can I just rock up as usual?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

rymax wrote:So as a 16 game member can I just rock up as usual?
If by usual you mean two hours before the game starts then yes. On the other hand, if usual means 2 minutes before the game starts then good luck!

There are about 20,000 tickets left - simply because it is not an all ticketed game. All the reserved seats are gone but, for example, that only takes in some of the first 6 rows of Level 3, the rest will fill on a first come first served basis.

Next week is the same deal because it's our home game.

thehandbrake
Club Player

Just went through the process and not sure it's an option to simply pay the $5 booking fee and guarantee entry. I think that only applies to fully ticketed games, such as next week against Essendon.

Using my 16 game Social Club membership, looked like the cheapest option was to pay the $22-odd plus booking fee for a reserved seat on Level 1.

Unless I'm missing something on the ticketmaster website?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

thehandbrake wrote:Just went through the process and not sure it's an option to simply pay the $5 booking fee and guarantee entry. I think that only applies to fully ticketed games, such as next week against Essendon.

Using my 16 game Social Club membership, looked like the cheapest option was to pay the $22-odd plus booking fee for a reserved seat on Level 1.

Unless I'm missing something on the ticketmaster website?
The $5.50 applies to AFL members in the reserved areas in games like tonight and next week against Essendon as it's our home game. But once the limited reserve areas are full, like tonight and next week, then there is only first come first served GA. For Essendon home games there are no $5.50 bookings, we must pay the full ticket cost. I was told by the AFL today that the Ticketmaster site shows the wrong price until you come to pay. Sounds like the software needs a little tweek.

How the above applies to club members I'll leave to someone else.

thehandbrake
Club Player

haha Now I'm even more confused than before! Thanks for trying to explain though.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

This is a farking disgrace! First of all, the stupid ticketmaster website needs my entire 12 digit barcode which I don't bloody have!

Then i find out that I can't actually get tickets because its exhausted. So when I ring up the club for my 12 digit barcode they can't help me because ticketmaster has run out of tickets.

I'm not forking out another 28 bucks to see half of this game after i just shelled out 150 for a f****** membership!

Screw that! I've never been outside the stadium when the game's actually on. Can Ijust watch it on the screen outside the stadium?

I don't care how lame that is - its either that or I just watch it on TV and at least I'll SORT OF have the crowd atmosphere happening too.

I'm disappointed cos I wanted to at least see the second half and I thought they would let me get tickets if I was a member.

So confused and pissed off.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Just get there as early as possible.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:Just get there as early as possible.
I would just do that but I don't finish til eight tonight so I was gonna purchase a ticket and just watch the second half. Not for $30 tho. I love St Kilda but I don't love Collingwood or the Afl or Etihad Stadum and St Kilda won't miss my support that much so tough!

(and even if they will, I'm more pissed off about the fact that I'm missing this game than they would be about one extra saint not being there tonight.)

Will tell my Dad to barrack double for me now.

:(

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Please help!

I can't decide whether to get some GA tickets or not. I'm an AFL member and will be at the ground half an hour early. Should I bite the bullet and get the tickets?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I don't know how far you are working from the ground, but if you are relatively close, you could just turn up and swipe and see what happens. Of course, there will be heaps of Collingwood supporters going home at that time, realising that they have no hope, so there will be plenty of room!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:I don't know how far you are working from the ground, but if you are relatively close, you could just turn up and swipe and see what happens. Of course, there will be heaps of Collingwood supporters going home at that time, realising that they have no hope, so there will be plenty of room!
Work on St Kilda rd and will be there at half time or just before the 2nd half (unless I get stuck on a call tonight which I'm starting to care less and less about now)

So I will try it anyway but otherwise i'm just gonna watch on that screen. (If they show football there)

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Saints wrote:Please help!

I can't decide whether to get some GA tickets or not. I'm an AFL member and will be at the ground half an hour early. Should I bite the bullet and get the tickets?
Your AFL members should be OK half an hour before. There will be lines though. Gate 1 gives a good run. Just try an get there as soon as you can.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

A GA ticket doesn't have a seat number anyway, so is no better than an AFL membership. I think all the reserved seats are sold.

backit
Club Player

My wife and kids went in on our AFL membership with walk up to level 3. The first 6 rows on level are all reserved seating but heaps of seating past that, their sitting on 50 metre line. They got there about 6 and walked straight in but heaps outside still. I will have to be content with watching on TV up here in the NT.

Go Saints