Fully Tickected Games...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Fully Tickected Games...

Just who has the call on this???

Is it the Stadium, the home Club or the AFL???

To me it seems that the Collingwood V Saints being non ticketed means that Collingwood will receive more revenue than a fully ticketed match...

As I believe there will be more in attendance, but just who has that call???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The AFL have the final call..and will only now do it for VERY big games.

ES need to get AFL persmission to make the "all-ticket" call.

The exception are Essendon home games..which are automatially "all-ticket" and have been since the inception of Docklands.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:The AFL have the final call..and will only now do it for VERY big games.

The exception are Essendon home games..which are automatially "all-ticket" and have been since the inception of Docklands.
Thanks mate,

I cant believe there are different rules sent in place for sides, and further more that a Club has no say in the call....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
saint66au wrote:The AFL have the final call..and will only now do it for VERY big games.

Thanks mate,

I cant believe there are different rules sent in place for sides, and further more that a Club has no say in the call....
The reason for the Essendon "rule" is that back in 2000 when every game was all-ticket, Essendon sold yearly reserved seats on Level 3 scattered through the level. There was no need to sell them in one group away from GA seating, cos back then they didnt think there was ever gonna be any GA.

When Collo took over, he decreed that Level 3 should be walk-up seating wherever possible. Essendons home game random seat placement however made it too hard to segregate GA from yearly reserved, hence the whole area (and therefore the whole ground) being all ticket at Bombers home games.

Apart from that..theres no rules. As weve seen, Monday night agasint Collingwood is NOT all-ticketed, yet in the past when the AFL were more gung-ho about it, weve had games agasint Brisbane (the 2005 Round 22 game fr instance) that have been.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Thanks mate,

The reason for the Essendon "rule" is that back in 2000 when every game was all-ticket, Essendon sold yearly reserved seats on Level 3 scattered through the level. There was no need to sell them in one group away from GA seating, cos back then they didnt think there was ever gonna be any GA.

When Collo took over, he decreed that Level 3 should be walk-up seating wherever possible. Essendons home game random seat placement however made it too hard to segregate GA from yearly reserved, hence the whole area (and therefore the whole ground) being all ticket at Bombers home games.

Apart from that..theres no rules. As weve seen, Monday night agasint Collingwood is NOT all-ticketed, yet in the past when the AFL were more gung-ho about it, weve had games agasint Brisbane (the 2005 Round 22 game fr instance) that have been.
Thanks again for the explanation, but I still find it hard to believe that a Club having a home game at a stadium has NO say whatsoever on how ticketing is to be conducted.

Just what is a Clubs right to a home game now days???

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I remember a game several years ago vs geelong- NOT declared
and having people NOT able to get in- because it was a sell out prior to our bus arriving in melbourne

I tend to think they declare games IF they think big and /or if early ticket sales are VERY strong.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sainter35
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:I remember a game several years ago vs geelong- NOT declared
and having people NOT able to get in- because it was a sell out prior to our bus arriving in melbourne

I tend to think they declare games IF they think big and /or if early ticket sales are VERY strong.
And yet tonight WAS fully ticketed and the game did sell out leaving quite a few people outside without being able to get in. Standing room sold out before the game started.

I do realise that if the Saints game against Geelong was fully ticketed those people on the bus would have been spared a bus ride into the city but there were plenty of people who missed out tonight as well.

You can't please everybody unfortunately.

We've known since the draw was made that this game was always going to go close to capacity and that the best way to ensure yourself a seat in the ground was to order in advance. Some people (ie myself) are happy to scan our memberships on the night but that's a risk we're willing to take. I do hope people with 16 game memberships who haven't bought a GA ticket in advance at least have enough sense to come early but inevitably some people won't. :(

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote: I do hope people with 16 game memberships who haven't bought a GA ticket in advance at least have enough sense to come early but inevitably some people won't. :(
or can't
- tyrany of distance

which I think will mean that pre booked tickets will be higher than if it was a holiday night or weekend.
because people can't get there early- they must buy to ensure a seat- thus skewing the actuall sales----
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 09 May 2009 10:54am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

And to reiterate, next Sunday's twilight game against Essendon is NOT all ticketed. It is OUR HOME game. BUT, there will, no doubt, be even greater call on reserved seats than this week which will limit the availability of walk up on the day. Remember, membership does not guarantee access. I assume the booking fee for a Saints member will be $5.50, but maybe someone can confirm that.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

All-ticket games also cause logistical issues getting people into the ground quickly.

Many many people will still turn up and get a ticket on the night..all-ticket or otherwise. This causes long queues at the ticket windows as people have to decide where to sit BEFORE they get inside the ground. Ive seen people fiddle around for 5 mins trying to decide where their party want to sit.

At the first bounce last night (An Essendon home game and therefore all-ticket) Channel 7 commented on how the crowd wasnt all that big considering the support of the two teams. They then showed a shot from outside the ground. Massive queue at the gate they showed..and by half time the ground looked full

Looks like at least 5000 people didnt see the first quarter

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Duggie
Club Player

What a flaming jungle! :lol:

A Saint Forever!
ace
Saintsational Legend

To those who don't have reserved seats for St Kilda home games.

Next week we play S--- & Dung.
They played on Friday night.
Their supporters are already focused on tickets for next weekend.

St Kilda supporters should not wait until after Collingwood's arse has been kicked on Monday night before thinking of tickets for next weekend.

We don't want S--- & Dung supporters to prevent St Kilda supporters accessing the ground or hogging all the best seats.

Book early Sainters.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

I must say that the Ticketmaster web site is hopeless.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:All-ticket games also cause logistical issues getting people into the ground quickly.

Many many people will still turn up and get a ticket on the night..all-ticket or otherwise. This causes long queues at the ticket windows as people have to decide where to sit BEFORE they get inside the ground. Ive seen people fiddle around for 5 mins trying to decide where their party want to sit.

At the first bounce last night (An Essendon home game and therefore all-ticket) Channel 7 commented on how the crowd wasnt all that big considering the support of the two teams. They then showed a shot from outside the ground. Massive queue at the gate they showed..and by half time the ground looked full

Yep, there was an article in the paper today.....the wankers from Jihad said that "too many people turned up too late", which caused them to wait for ages to get scan in.

What a farking wank and half that comment is!

People will ALWAYS turn up late for Friday night matches, always have, always will.

Quite simply, the ground design is shytehouse - nowhere enough turnstiles have been installed at the ground.

Just look at the waterfront side of the ground - there are basically zero entrances on that side of the ground - totally different to the MCG that never has this issue!

I guess we have to remember that the forecast was for 150 "events" per year at Docklands, and that the AFL was not planned to be the bread and butter (according to Dimwit on 3AW on Friday).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:All-ticket games also cause logistical issues getting people into the ground quickly.

Yep, there was an article in the paper today.....the wankers from Jihad said that "too many people turned up too late", which caused them to wait for ages to get scan in.

People will ALWAYS turn up late for Friday night matches, always have, always will.

Quite simply, the ground design is shytehouse - nowhere enough turnstiles have been installed at the ground.

Just look at the waterfront side of the ground - there are basically zero entrances on that side of the ground - totally different to the MCG that never has this issue!

I guess we have to remember that the forecast was for 150 "events" per year at Docklands, and that the AFL was not planned to be the bread and butter (according to Dimwit on 3AW on Friday).
There are plenty of turnstiles its just most people entre from the railway line. I am not sure anyone can do much about that. The MCG have plenty of issues as well. No one can get 20000 people in at once.

Dal'sGal26
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:I must say that the Ticketmaster web site is hopeless.
I agree. I ended up calling to get social club seats and I was able to pick where I wanted to sit and the lady was extremely helpful. Was very impressed.

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

There are plenty of turnstiles its just most people entre from the railway line. I am not sure anyone can do much about that. The MCG have plenty of issues as well. No one can get 20000 people in at once.
You are right, Gate 3 off the footbridge probably carries 5 times as much traffic as Gate 5 round on the Wing.

The difference with the G is that because of the AFL and MCC Members, you are forced to enter at certain gates at the G depending on where you are sitting. At ES theres 360deg access of Levels 1 and 3, so people tend to enter at the nearest gate to where they arrive at the ground (ie the footbridge from the station) and circumnavigate to their seat after they get inside. This causes massive queues at that Gate

Its comparable to trains. Look at how crowded the middle carriages are...cos thats where most of the entry gates are to platforms. People are too lazy to walk to one end of the platform and get themselves some space.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

You are right, Gate 3 off the footbridge probably carries 5 times as much traffic as Gate 5 round on the Wing.

The difference with the G is that because of the AFL and MCC Members, you are forced to enter at certain gates at the G depending on where you are sitting. At ES theres 360deg access of Levels 1 and 3, so people tend to enter at the nearest gate to where they arrive at the ground (ie the footbridge from the station) and circumnavigate to their seat after they get inside. This causes massive queues at that Gate

Its comparable to trains. Look at how crowded the middle carriages are...cos thats where most of the entry gates are to platforms. People are too lazy to walk to one end of the platform and get themselves some space.
But regardless of this there are still no entrances on the waterfront side of the ground.

Docklands could force people to enter at particular gates if they choose to, like the MCG has.

Perhaps that would help?

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

So what exactly is the deal for tonight?

I have a 16 game membership - can I just scan on the door and get in?

The Saints are coming!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:So what exactly is the deal for tonight?

I have a 16 game membership - can I just scan on the door and get in?
Yes if there is room.