six day break to bombers nine

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JABBER
Club Player

six day break to bombers nine

no what the result will be on Monday night its not fair that Essendon get an extra 3 days break on us

trevor barker
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Collingwood also have a longer break than us going into this weeks game.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: six day break to bombers nine

JABBER wrote:no what the result will be on Monday night its not fair that Essendon get an extra 3 days break on us
So far evey side we have played has either had the same break or less than ours. This week and the next we finally meet sides with a bigger break. Its called swings and roundabouts. Unless we all play on Saturday that is life.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

it doesn't matter, the Dons could have 3 weeks break and we would still crush them. It's what happens when you are superior.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

will have an impact

how much?

one of Ess strengths .....run and leg speed

saint4life
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
JABBER wrote:no what the result will be on Monday night its not fair that Essendon get an extra 3 days break on us
So far evey side we have played has either had the same break or less than ours. This week and the next we finally meet sides with a bigger break. Its called swings and roundabouts. Unless we all play on Saturday that is life.
Have to say I agree. The only upside of having more Sunday games this year should be less 6 day breaks, however yes sides who play us after they play Fri/Sat will have a little extra preparation

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

As the Saints have had more than 7 days I do not believe that the Pies longer Break will be a factor.

However with the Saints having a 6 day break...I think it will be a slight factor.

However with no interstate travel to intefere with rehab...a 6 day break should be adequate.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kp83
Club Player

We had a huge break between the Port game and the Dogs, so we can't whinge too much. We can't expect to get the best deal every week. Don't forget, we've won both times we've had a 6 day break so far this year (Crows and Port) so it shouldn't be too big a factor.

casey scorp
Club Player

Our fitness staff will be adjusting routines to fit in with the length of the break to the Essendon game, and recognising that Essendon gets a longer break.

While it will no doubt have an impact, it would be mostly managed away in the 6 day break we get.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

If 6 days isn't enough for a player to get up they would be retired.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We are on top of the fitness and conditioning spend ladder ($1.4M) per last season, so I aint concerned.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Essendon will have to do another pre-season before they play again which means some rust will have set in.

SainterX
Club Player

If Essendon cannot make an effort for Adam Ramanauskas against us in Round 22 last season how could they possibly make one this time?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We are forgetting, that yes the baby bombers may have been good last night, but a terrible Hawthorn made them look much better....

Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Correct but the difference has only ever been a day, perhaps two.

A six day break to nine is extreme, I think a first for this season and something the Club will be hyper aware of.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Let's just get over Collingwood before we start thinking about Essendon. BTW I have just come to realize that I HATE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTY !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Let's just get over Collingwood before we start thinking about Essendon. BTW I have just come to realize that I HATE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTY !!
Think of the positive though. If we win there will only be 6 days till the next game.

To the top
SS Life Member

One of your better responses there, Plugger!

Quite witty!!

However, does my memory serve me correctly in that we lost to Collingwood last year on a short break (and days shorter than Collingwood) plus St Kilda coming back from inter-state?

The breaks can impact on player re-hab and recovery from any knocks, niggles which all players carry in the normal circumstance, and manage.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Let's just get over Collingwood before we start thinking about Essendon. BTW I have just come to realize that I HATE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTY !!
This better not be some pathetic premise to squibbing out of buying beer tomorrow night :roll: :twisted: :wink: :wink:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
This better not be some pathetic premise to squibbing out of buying beer tomorrow night :roll: :twisted: :wink: :wink:
I'll be there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

minus my wallet :lol: :lol: :wink: !!