Saints to wear their Clash Strip.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Saints to wear their Clash Strip.....

The Saints will wear their clash strip for the first time on Monday Night.

And for the players that wear long sleeves (Milne and Geary) the sleeves will be white.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints to wear their Clash Strip.....

what does it look like? i've forgotten

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:what does it look like? i've forgotten
A larger white strip in the front a white back and white sleeves

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
bigcarl wrote:what does it look like? i've forgotten
A larger white strip in the front a white back and white sleeves
okay, so nothing too radical. good.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

If Heddie didn't change the "traditional" Collingwood strip with the white back, and black numbers, there would be no clash! The current guernsey they wear is about 7-8 years old! And he talks of tradition?

The Saints are coming!
Loyal
Club Player

i still dont understand the HOOHAH about clash strips.
when did we stop identifying teams by the colour of their shorts?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:If Heddie didn't change the "traditional" Collingwood strip with the white back, and black numbers, there would be no clash! The current guernsey they wear is about 7-8 years old! And he talks of tradition?

yep...they used to wear a white jumper with black stripes.......the one the doc is unfortunately wearing in that awful grannie pick......now they were a black jumper with white stripes.......pricks......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:If Heddie didn't change the "traditional" Collingwood strip with the white back, and black numbers, there would be no clash! The current guernsey they wear is about 7-8 years old! And he talks of tradition?

yep...they used to wear a white jumper with black stripes.......the one the doc is unfortunately wearing in that awful grannie pick......now they were a black jumper with white stripes.......pricks......
Yes, but that is for their home games, I think their clash strip (when ever they wear it :roll: ) is white with black stripes and a white back.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
stinger wrote:

Yes, but that is for their home games, I think their clash strip (when ever they wear it :roll: ) is white with black stripes and a white back.

yep....eddie relented and being the decent clean living bloke he is... :roll: :roll: :roll: agreed to the change.......at considerable cost to his credibility...i might add......

Loyal
Club Player

north so lucky that they get the honour of a collingwood gate.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I forgot to mention that the socks will also be different...

predominantly white with bands of red and black

stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="St Fidelius"]I forgot to mention that the socks will also be different...

i saw them live at the gold coast in the preseason comp when they played brisbane....looked pretty good......in their clash outfit that is....their footy was crap...... :wink: :lol:

saintly_safes
Club Player

After the Brisbane game I honestly thought our season was doomed. Then after the Port practise match I declared we couldnt make the top 4.I do realise these were mere practise matches & you dont want to show your hand too early but if this was a planed strategy then its was brilliant.It didnt only fool me a die hard saints supporter but the whole of the afl as well.I have to take my hat off to Ross Lyon & the entire team for their relentless pressure & dedication to carry out the game plan that is defensive when it has to be & aggressivly attacking on the counter punch.Is it sustainable? I think it will be tough because everyone is scrutinising our every move & we have become the hunted again but the boy's have been magnificent so far & I reckon they can give any team a run for their money if they keep playing for each other & keep relatively injury free. In summing up I really dont think that it would matter what jumper they are wearing as long as its a saints jumper that will be enough.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

How come Essendon don't have to wear a predominately white clash guernsey? :evil:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:How come Essendon don't have to wear a predominately white clash guernsey? :evil:
Yeah and just how come the club states that it's their constitution NOT to change their Strip, and yet there is a different design to the strip....

There is a defined curve in the red stripe in the current jumper, that was not apparent a few years ago...

So much for their apparent constitution :roll: :roll:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

also clash strips were not meant to have vertical stripes....yet that "Argentinian" inspired roos jumper ws.....vertical stripes...

Still our new clash jumper is much better than last year!!!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:also clash strips were not meant to have vertical stripes....yet that "Argentinian" inspired roos jumper ws.....vertical stripes...

Still our new clash jumper is much better than last year!!!!!
Yeah I love the look of this clash strip as it is a re make of one of our old strips...

It conforms to what the AFL want, whilst still being traditional...

Can't really get better than that, and we have it for at least 2 years

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

The element I find hilarious is those that played in the days of black and white TV. Gee whizz they used to make so many identification errors - so many handballs to the other mob.

What a nonsense.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:The element I find hilarious is those that played in the days of black and white TV. Gee whizz they used to make so many identification errors - so many handballs to the other mob.

What a nonsense.
And footy was clearly as fast as it is back then. And packs around the ball were the same to.

GrumpyOne

St Fidelius wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:How come Essendon don't have to wear a predominately white clash guernsey? :evil:
Yeah and just how come the club states that it's their constitution NOT to change their Strip, and yet there is a different design to the strip....

There is a defined curve in the red stripe in the current jumper, that was not apparent a few years ago...

So much for their apparent constitution :roll: :roll:
Their constitution says they have to play in black with a red sash.

Their clash strip has a much larger sash, so that it appears that the jumper is predominately red.

Meets the requirement of having a clash strip whilst keeping within their constitution.

Perfect solution, and very clever IMO.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Their constitution says they have to play in black with a red sash.

Their clash strip has a much larger sash, so that it appears that the jumper is predominately red.

Meets the requirement of having a clash strip whilst keeping within their constitution.

Perfect solution, and very clever IMO.
I still think they could do more :wink:
I think they should bring back the reed shorts....................... 8-)

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
esaint66
SS Life Member

I'll also be wearing the clash jumper on monday night :wink: