Advise for an interstater

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintHomer
Club Player

Advise for an interstater

Hi all

I'm coming down with some mates in July for a footy weekend. Saturday features a potentially brilliant double header... Cats v Hawks, and at night Saints v Dogs.

There is about 8 of us, and I want to make sure we are going to get seats together.

I am booking the Cats v Hawks game tickets online shortly. No probs there.

My query is with the Saints game. How will I know if it is fully ticketed? A couple of us have Saints memberships so we were just going to get general admission tickets for the others, get there earlyish and all sit together in level 3 somewhere? But if it is fully ticketed, does that mean I need to buy a ticket even though I have a membership?

If someone could steer me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Homer

Loyal
Club Player

hey mate.

if it is a reserved ticket fixture (unlikely, yet possible) you will need to arrange with ticketmaster to pre-purchase your tickets and you can generally organise with them to have your tickets made next to each other if you buy them on the day that the tickets are made available.

unlikely that the game will be a reserved ticket fixture, yet possible.

the gate price is always less than the ticketmaster price however (which i always find strange). it always works out cheaper if you just rock-up knowing the game will not be a sellout however in the case of a 'reserved ticket fixture' you WILL need to book with ticketmaster and there is a reservation charge that they will put on each ticket of about three bucks.

just be aware of whether the game is reserved ticket or not. there will be info on the saints website or via email if you are a member.

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Hi SaintHomer,
The game isn't designated as all-ticketed yet, if it is you have to pre-purchase a ticket before the game even if you are a member. This can be done through Ticketmaster from 10 days before the match (I think). The best idea would to keep an eye on this forum, saints66au normally organises tickets for forumites for all ticketed on level 3 so that we can all sit together. He we post an announcement on the forum if and when the game becomes all-ticketed.

Loyal
Club Player

correct me if i am wrong but if the game goes 'reserved ticket' and does NOT sell out you can still get in after the bounce and avoid the fee..?

Footy Classified - NO ROOM FOR THE, who farted?
St Plugger
Club Player

Ticketed stadium

My query is similar. I'm from the "Bush" and I've not seen the Saints play live since their heyday at Waverley, where I found it was easy to get to and you just had to walk up to get in and get a seat.
Now my 9 year old Grandson, who is a keen Saints supporter, [following the Family tradition] would love to see a game, especially the way the team is going. We'll leave our car at our local station and catch the train to Melbourne and SC station and walk to the game, so thats easy enough
But how do you find out in advance if its a ticketed game, and what seating options can you book?

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ticketed stadium

St Plugger wrote:My query is similar. I'm from the "Bush" and I've not seen the Saints play live since their heyday at Waverley, where I found it was easy to get to and you just had to walk up to get in and get a seat.
Now my 9 year old Grandson, who is a keen Saints supporter, [following the Family tradition] would love to see a game, especially the way the team is going. We'll leave our car at our local station and catch the train to Melbourne and SC station and walk to the game, so thats easy enough
But how do you find out in advance if its a ticketed game, and what seating options can you book?
if it was a ticketed game we would already know. therefore i believe it will not be ticketed. you could also ring the saints and ask them.

if it is not ticketed. come to the game say an hour earlier wand just buy tickets at the gate. if you want 3rd level no need to book a seat. if you want 2nd or 1st level you will need to book a seat. if it is ticketed. arrive early and go to the gate and buy your ticketed seat for the 3rd level. if you want a seat ion 1st or 2nd level you will also need to book a seat.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St Plugger wrote:My query is similar. I'm from the "Bush" and I've not seen the Saints play live since their heyday at Waverley, where I found it was easy to get to and you just had to walk up to get in and get a seat.
Which game were you thinking of coming down to?
Saint66au could probably give you a pretty good indication if that particular game is likely to sell-out.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

make sure you are on the Saints e-mail list for weekly e- mails - they will advise which games and also on saints.com.au

remember many country supporter groups take buses to the game- saves the bridge hassle at Southern cross station..

I hope the young man has a great game whichever you take him to.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Its very unlikely that a Saints-Bulldogs game would be "all-ticketed". The Pies-Saints on Monday week game isnt, so its unlikely a Bulldogs game would be

Believe it or not, the AFL are dead against "all-ticket" games at ES..its the stadium themselves that push for them..but they have to get the OK from the AFL.

Essendon home games are always "all ticket", thats set in concrete at the start of each season. Its got to do with how their Yearly reserved seats are allocated on Level 3..they arent just in one block. Even when they play Freo theres no "walk up" seating

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Plugger
Club Player

Thanks all for the info! A further query if you don't mind. Which level at the dome is it best to SEE the game. As an older fella I don't want to be to far from the game. Its amazing how you eyesight slackens off over 55. I even remember having to watch the screen at Waverley to see the play on the opposite side of the ground.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St Plugger wrote:Thanks all for the info! A further query if you don't mind. Which level at the dome is it best to SEE the game. As an older fella I don't want to be to far from the game. Its amazing how you eyesight slackens off over 55. I even remember having to watch the screen at Waverley to see the play on the opposite side of the ground.
Gee you werent alone there....the "other side" of Waverley had a different postcode

ES is a different beast. Its not a shallow "bowl" design like Waverley so even seats at the back of the terraces arent that far from the action. I have Level 3 reserved seat, 6 rows from the front, and I lvoe it. Its way closer to the action than the corresponding top deck of any stand at the G and gives you a good broad brush picture of the play. Having said that I enjoy the odd time I get "up close and personal" with the action on Level 1

Unlike Waverley though you get what you pay for. Theres NO walk up seating on Levels 1 and 2 at ES..and theres a Premium charged on the seats there. Only Level 3 has walk up seating for the price of admission

The video screeens are colour now though 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Plugger
Club Player

Cheers again. Looks like Level 3 is the go then. Now we just have to pick a game. Maybe against the Tigers, so we're almost guaranteed a win.

I remember how I felt after the '97 GF going home after the match. In fact that was the last live match I attended. I swore never again feel so down about a bloody footy game and just stay at home, save the money and pay for Austar!
Supporting the Saints all my life has been bloody hard on my emotions!!!
Its hard to keep them in check when they're doing well. We've all suffered real heartache over the journey and I think it must be even harder for the kids and younger supporters who don't have any memories of the glory of '66 as us older folk do.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

St Plugger wrote:Cheers again. Looks like Level 3 is the go then. Now we just have to pick a game. Maybe against the Tigers, so we're almost guaranteed a win.

I remember how I felt after the '97 GF going home after the match. In fact that was the last live match I attended. I swore never again feel so down about a bloody footy game and just stay at home, save the money and pay for Austar!
Its hard to keep them in check when they're doing well. We've all suffered real heartache over the journey and I think it must be even harder for the kids and younger supporters who don't have any memories of the glory of '66 as us older folk do.
If you are interested in the Essendon game on May 17th - I will have some spare Level 1 tickets available - pm me if you are interested!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
St Plugger
Club Player

What a fantastic offer! Thanks Sainter_Dad!!!
A traditional Saturday Arvo would be best, as that fits in with our train timetable, leaving SC station at 5:15P.M.
The fixture shows the Essendon game as a Sunday twilight game, so we might have to consider our options re travel & car parking somewhere near the ground.
Actually, looking closely at the fixture for the first time, its pretty light on for Saturday Arvo matches. It really looks like the game against the Shinbonners is about it.
Gee, that makes it tough for parents with young school age families!!!

SaintHomer
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:
St Plugger wrote:Cheers again. Looks like Level 3 is the go then. Now we just have to pick a game. Maybe against the Tigers, so we're almost guaranteed a win.

If you are interested in the Essendon game on May 17th - I will have some spare Level 1 tickets available - pm me if you are interested!
kudos to you. there are still some decent people in the world.

thanks to the others with the advice, i'll keep my eye on things.

go sainters.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The extras for the Essendon game have been snapped up!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!