So at the end of last season........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

So at the end of last season........

If you were told that after 4 rounds of football this year we would:

- Be Undefeated
- Have a percentage of over 200
- Be the second highest scorers in the league (-19 points)
- be the first most defensive teams (-81 points from Kanga's a stingy team themselves)
- have won the most quarters in the league
- have the highest average winning margin (not the same as %)
- have the highest score kicked this year

would you be pleased.

Would you BELIEVE OR BURN?

We ARE The Saints - and you have our ball!
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Mon 20 Apr 2009 1:13pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: So at the end of last season........

Sainter_Dad wrote:If you were told that after 4 rounds of football this year we would:

- Be Undeated

would you be pleased.
Well on this first point at least there is no great surprise as all 4 were eminently winnable and I for one would have hoped to have been 4-0 right now.

However the way we are playing so well....now that has surprised me.

All the "ifs' (ie players stepping up, Ray beinmg good value, Ball getting over his injury, Gardi at last playing well etc etc..)..have occured and we are ticking along nicely.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Schillaci
Club Player

At the end of last season we finished in the top 4 and copped it from opposition supporters about how we were lucky to make it and not really a top 4 team. Well I think our form so far this year shows that last year wasn't a fluke after all. We are a top 4 team.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Schillaci wrote:At the end of last season we finished in the top 4 and copped it from opposition supporters about how we were lucky to make it and not really a top 4 team. Well I think our form so far this year shows that last year wasn't a fluke after all. We are a top 4 team.
LOL - We are THE top team

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Schillaci wrote:At the end of last season we finished in the top 4 and copped it from opposition supporters about how we were lucky to make it and not really a top 4 team. Well I think our form so far this year shows that last year wasn't a fluke after all. We are a top 4 team.
Not just opposition supporters...there were one or two very regular posters here staing that we were not a top 4 team.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Not just opposition supporters...there were one or two very regular posters here staing that we were not a top 4 team.

more than one or two....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Sorry I disagree, we are not a top 4 team. We are a top 2 team 8-)

Qld Saints Supporter Group
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I'll be happy when one J Niall writes something positive about us......

gringo
Saintsational Legend

This probably belonged in the I was wrong thread.

I thought we made a mistake not taking Cousins after watching all the extra members Richmond signed.

I think we can put that one down as a bad call.

It looks like we have started to really have a bit of belief in each other and the thing that we have missed most is consistency in the playing group.

The whole team really has started to look like a group and not 10 guys carrying the team. We seem to have a robust game plan and it would be a hard call finding anyone that deserves to be dropped.

I can't remember a time when we had so few passengers- even 97 had a core group of stars carrying the rest.

Great positive start.

Joffa 5
Club Player

gringo wrote: I thought we made a mistake not taking Cousins after watching all the extra members Richmond signed.

I think we can put that one down as a bad call.
I'm thinking we would have been in a very different place had we taken Cousins. If he also did his hammy in the first round for us, would the team have been left deflated and lost the killer instinct? Who would be filling in for Maxy while he was out injured? Not Dawson.

All in all, a great decision in the long run. 8-)

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I thought we'd be off to a slow start, whilst some of the new guys found their feet. The great thing is, we had a positive draw to start with, and some of the new guys (specifically Ray and Dawson) hit the ground running. Yay for us...let's hope our mental fortitude has improved enough to knock of Port Pear this Friday.