Eddy & the Umpire and Eddie & the Umpire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Eddy & the Umpire and Eddie & the Umpire

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/c ... 36085.html

I am surprised that the incident involving Robert Eddy and the umpire clash (see above link) has not been mentioned in the light of Eddies whinging re the more recent umpire clash involving Collingwood ..
I believe the Saints took the only course of action available at the time ..that is, accept it was accidental and move on ..
We also know from past experience that it does not pay to have the umps and afl offside .. I believe it was dumb for Collingwood to make an issue of this matter as instead of now getting preferential treatment from the umps they will likely have more decisions go against them ..

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Just typical of the big heads at Collingfilth and smart arse Eddie. They are big headed enough to think they even control the umpire fraternity.
Wait till we play them - 80 plus tackles, 50 plus caught with the ball frees to us. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eddy & the Umpire and Eddie & the Umpire

BelfastSaint wrote:http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/c ... 36085.html

I am surprised that the incident involving Robert Eddy and the umpire clash (see above link) has not been mentioned in the light of Eddies whinging re the more recent umpire clash involving Collingwood ..
I believe the Saints took the only course of action available at the time ..that is, accept it was accidental and move on ..
We also know from past experience that it does not pay to have the umps and afl offside .. I believe it was dumb for Collingwood to make an issue of this matter as instead of now getting preferential treatment from the umps they will likely have more decisions go against them ..
What's tragic is that you are probably right... bend over and you'll be looked after, make a fuss and life will be made more difficult.

The latest Mclaren 'get out of my way' tap was outrageous and just goes to show their mentality.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Also though kennet's comments bore more than a passing resemblance to what GT said prior to the 'whispers in the sky' game. Risky move!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "