daniel wells.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

goodie wrote:I still regard Salopek as one of the ones who got away, we could've had him and BJ had we not traded pick 6
Reasonable to think, if we thought Salopek was worth pick 3, that he wouldn't have been there at pick 6. My memory is shaky at the best of times, but wasn't it pick 8 when we traded it? I seem to recall Carlton being penalised after trade week and hence weren't stripped of their second round pick which they traded for Barnaby French.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

isn't it funny... Had Wulf not kicked hat point (or we plain had won a game less), we could have ended up with Goddard, Wells, and Salopek from that draft...

hello premiership, lock it in

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
we have a history of taking discarded players, and turning them good
I don't know if you know too much about our history, but here are a few...

Birss, Ackland, Knobel, McGough, Brooks, Stone, Charlie Gardner and we let go of Guerra
We shouldn't have let go of Guerra he is Hawthorn's rock in the back pocket.
he played in the forward line for the saints. as soon as he went tohawthorn he started playing in the back line and began playing well. it may have been that the saints played him in the wrong position

JABBER
Club Player

daniel wells

Daniel is very like x at the moment can you carry two players like that.

trevor barker
matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Birss, Ackland, Knobel, McGough, Brooks, Stone, Charlie Gardner and we let go of Guerra
he played in the forward line for the saints. as soon as he went tohawthorn he started playing in the back line and began playing well. it may have been that the saints played him in the wrong position
actually ive always thought that....
he was tried in the role that schneides has now opp milney but it just didnt work out.

after aussie jones left we basically lost our Hodge down there, come on the guy was as good on his right as he was on his left (i still dont know to this day what foot was natural for him).
guerra went to the hawks some years later after be no good up forward, and plays the exact same role to aussie across their backline.

hindsights brilliant huh... :(
clarkson wouldve knew guerras history well and what he could and couldnt do and where he's best suited.
oh well...
our backline is doing fine for the moment tho :) :)

savatage
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Guerra was (still is, really) fat & was definitely lazy. I think getting the arse from 2 clubs gave him the final wake up call that his career needed. That's my thought on his improvement anyway.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Interesting scenario, I certainly wouldn't give a first round pick for him in his current form but anyone with his talent would be looked at by another club if they believed they could extract the best from him. He certainly would not be tagged in a Saints jumper with the current form of our mids.

Wasn't Jarred Brennan also in the mix, did he go number 3...now there's an interesting player, would you take him or not? Mmm tough, thank God Carlton cheated to give us BJ, God bless 'em!

Now the important conundrum, is saint94 the poster previously known as Homework who is also Ralphysaints??? I'm very confused.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
Now the important conundrum, is saint94 the poster previously known as Homework who is also Ralphysaints??? I'm very confused.
Yes and no - saint94 is Homework but Ralphysaints35 is another poster. Who is BJBrownlow09?

And who is/was/will be JABBER and/or Loyal?