They don't know we're coming

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

They don't know we're coming

And we're not going to act like a bunch of tools and tell them.

We're going to show them... one by one. :twisted:

Bring on Freo.

PJ
SS Life Member

I think you'll find everyone knows we're coming. Every coach will have the tapes by now but it's not a game plan or style that's easy tp pick holes in and which players do you isolate as having the most impact - too many.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:I think you'll find everyone knows we're coming. Every coach will have the tapes by now but it's not a game plan or style that's easy tp pick holes in and which players do you isolate as having the most impact - too many.
What will be making the opposition sit up and notice is the fact that we're kicking winning scores with little (or no) contribution from Roo (on the scoreboard). Over the past couple of years the opposition have concentrated on stopping Roo's output as they believed we relied heavily on him to score.

In the forst 3 weeks we've seen the opposition continue this trend but we've actually been spreadng our attacking moves into F50 by using planty of others.
This new found confidence by our players to 'by-pass' Roo has found out the defenders on a number of occasions already this year.

Just look at the second qtr of the Eagles game when Worsfold sent 2 and 3 extra players down back to try and man-up all our players while still double-teaming Roo. It makes it very difficult for them to score if they have so many of their players permanently playing in their own backline.

markp
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:I think you'll find everyone knows we're coming. Every coach will have the tapes by now but it's not a game plan or style that's easy tp pick holes in and which players do you isolate as having the most impact - too many.
I'm referring more to fans... I had a scum supporter ask me how our 'rabble' were looking on thursday night, I told him what's it matter, the flag is already theirs.

PJ
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:
I think you'll find everyone knows we're coming. Every coach will have the tapes by now but it's not a game plan or style that's easy tp pick holes in and which players do you isolate as having the most impact - too many.

What will be making the opposition sit up and notice is the fact that we're kicking winning scores with little (or no) contribution from Roo (on the scoreboard). Over the past couple of years the opposition have concentrated on stopping Roo's output as they believed we relied heavily on him to score.

In the forst 3 weeks we've seen the opposition continue this trend but we've actually been spreadng our attacking moves into F50 by using planty of others.
This new found confidence by our players to 'by-pass' Roo has found out the defenders on a number of occasions already this year.

Just look at the second qtr of the Eagles game when Worsfold sent 2 and 3 extra players down back to try and man-up all our players while still double-teaming Roo. It makes it very difficult for them to score if they have so many of their players permanently playing in their own backline.
Good points. What is so interesting or impressive about the saints at the moment it's hard to pinpoint which of our areas of improvement is having the most impact. Just looking at the tally of BOG votes by sainters dad who'd have thought Lenny and Roo would be so low on the list? Who'd have picked CJ as no 1 tagger? Who'd have picked Gardy as a dominant ruckman? The list goes on.

PJ
SS Life Member

I'm referring more to fans... I had a scum supporter ask me how our 'rabble' were looking on thursday night, I told him what's it matter, the flag is already theirs.
Just give them the knowing smirk - they'll know what you mean when their little over rated bunch of media stars start falling back into the pack with the rest.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Just look at the second qtr of the Eagles game when Worsfold sent 2 and 3 extra players down back to try and man-up all our players while still double-teaming Roo. It makes it very difficult for them to score if they have so many of their players permanently playing in their own backline.
I think in one contest he had 5 players on him, and still the ball came to ground... it was almost comical.

What a day out! :D
Last edited by markp on Mon 13 Apr 2009 9:48am, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Just give them the knowing smirk - they'll know what you mean when their little over rated bunch of media stars start falling back into the pack with the rest.
Yup, I cant wait.

God I hope we beat them yet again... it will be joyous.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I hope we keep a lid on it also. I thought the following comment by Rohan Connolly in his match report on Real Footy (12 March) was interesting and possibly has basis:

HistoricIally, St Kilda isn't a club that has been able to contain its excitement very well once things start going its way. And that could indeed present a far bigger challenge internally than next opponent Fremantle.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
PJ wrote:
Yup, I cant wait.

God I hope we beat them yet again... it will be joyous.
They've been filling champagne bottles with their own bathwater and could not help themselves by popping a few.

The new 'Fab 4'...spare me! How they can be compared to the 01, 02, 03 Lions is beyond comprehension. They are still a long way from the Cats current crop of Ablett, Bartel, Selwood and Corey. Even our mids of Hayes, Ball, Dal Santo and Montagna should be insulted. Would also love to know how it went down with Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Sewell.

I trust Hird wrote it in the knowledge they would be too engrossed in the article and their own self importance and take their eye off the ball.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I trust Hird wrote it in the knowledge they would be too engrossed in the article and their own self importance and take their eye off the ball.
I have no doubt about it. Masterful bit of mind games-by-media by Hird for his ex-teammates

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

exactly, Hird knew what he was doing.....shove all the focus on to the 'fab 4'.

i love the thread title btw......
everyone will say the same old shite
"its st kilda, they will fall in a hole....they never get there in the end, happens every time"

well not this time people.......not this time.

welcome to the real house of pain this week fremantle :twisted:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

possible thanks go to leigh tudor for this?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

possible thanks go to leigh tudor for this?
From what I hear Barker getting 'poached' by the Hawks may just have been the best thing that happened to us in the off-season.

I think his influence on the mids and forwards has been glossed over (ignored) by many outside of the Club.

Remember he was at Geelong when they switched to teh 'super team' they ahve become in the last couple of years.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:From what I hear Barker getting 'poached' by the Hawks may just have been the best thing that happened to us in the off-season.
Why does Barker cop it so much? What about Rock? He was the one in charge of our midfield. IMO our midfield has been the biggest difference so far this year, not the forwards.

I don't know if Rock is the midfield coach at North, but their midfield is looking pretty ordinary right now. They've also pushed Harvey and Wells out of the midfield and replaced them with more ordinary players. It reminds me a lot of when we had Leigh Fisher and Jason Blake in at centre bounces.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Elshaugh had already been appointed to replace Rock when Tudor was appointed Forwards Coach to replace Barker.

There is another subtle difference this year - Greg Hutcheson (sp?) seems to be having a 'hands-on' role this season as well. Have noticed him taking drills etc at training with the whole group.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Elshaugh had already been appointed to replace Rock when Tudor was appointed Forwards Coach to replace Barker.

There is another subtle difference this year - Greg Hutcheson (sp?) seems to be having a 'hands-on' role this season as well. Have noticed him taking drills etc at training with the whole group.
who is the development coach for the young ones?

for the first time we have a development coach. therefore we should see some improvement of the of the young ones this year.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Elshaugh had already been appointed to replace Rock when Tudor was appointed Forwards Coach to replace Barker.

who is the development coach for the young ones?

for the first time we have a development coach. therefore we should see some improvement of the of the young ones this year.
two in the development role- Danny Sexton still there and Andy Lovell- so good connections back to Sandy- with Hutchy's experience from last year as well.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107