Yes there is a little bit of emotion from Ross

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint1974
Club Player

Yes there is a little bit of emotion from Ross

I am one very happy supporter while the rest of you guys get very analytical about the game which I love to read Im just enjoying watching how the team is unfolding I believe we are Geelong of 2007 just going about our business quietly.

But what impressed me most about Saturdays win was the small little bit of emotion Ross Lyon showed at the end of the game as he walked pass the social club area all the supporters were clapping and cheering good on you Rossy,Ross gave a wink and a slight smile.
At long last I think he felt part of our club and I feel he loves the Saints.

Showing this tiny bit of emotion ended the day perfectly.

Thanks Ross!GO SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Yes I agree, I am just going to enjoy each week as it happens. I can see a real change in the team, something I havn't seen before. As for Ross, he talks differently about us now, I agree, I think he nows feels part of the club.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Welcome Ross :wink:

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Saint Bev wrote:Yes I agree, I am just going to enjoy each week as it happens.
That's my season plan too, Saint Bev. :D

I can't wait for my annual pilgrimage to The Dome. I'm thinking Round 9 against the Brions.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I disagree entirely.

Ross Lyon has been part of our club since the moment he was appointed coach.

He - like ALL AFL coaches are professionals and I believe do not get emotionally involved like lifelong supporters.

I actually think it is insulting to Ross Lyon to suggest he hasn't been part of the club and only is because he gave the SC a wave after a win.

I think it is a silly assertion and the type of thinking that holds back a club.

If Lyon came out and won us a flag and then said he didn't have any particular emotions toward the club would anybody give a flying fig???

Sorry but I really think this is a totally wrong assumption and belittles the coach.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BakesFan
SS Life Member

We're talking about footy and footy followers, j.b.... stop trying to be rational.

I think the point being made is that RL seems to be developing an emotional attachment to our club.. I'd be more surprised if that wasn't the case.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

I think that it has been publish before that he had a sit down with his wife and she told him to just be himself. Since then he has been more media friendly,

What I saw as he passed us on saturday was a coach enjoying his job and proud of the team and club :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith