Free kick count - 30 -11

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Loved this one from Main...
Less than a minute later I saw a Crow not only tackled around the neck but so aggressively that I thought I would see the first decapitation in football.
Little bit dramatic perhaps? :oops:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote: You would think by now that opposition players would have learnt not to put their arms around Reiwoldt or any other forward player, whether or not that is classified as a "hold". Just don't do it - simple!
Bock was explained to very early on- that's a hold- and within minutes he did it again--
I can understand that during a game the players are just concentrating on the game plan they have been given and the instructions from their line coaches etc etc....

but maybe the differential in frees is actually a huge +++ to the saints for tackling well enough that they recieved the amount they did-- in the past that would not have been the case
Little bit dramatic perhaps?
Iceman234 I found the whole article melodramatic

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:Bock was explained to very early on- that's a hold- and within minutes he did it again--
I noticed that in general from the Crows. They just didn't seem to want to learn.

The number of times a Crows defender would move through the mark was unbelievable. I'm sure the umps were sick of penalising them by that point.

As for push-in-the-back, that free paid against Dawson was one of the softest I have seen.

I read that article. What a one-eyed load of crap.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Free kick counts is just a statistic.

There are so many things that umpires do that affect the outcome of each play and the game as a whole without registering on the free kick count.

Marks paid or not paid
Player allowed to play on or told to go back and take his kick
Lining players up for goal incorrectly
Bouncing the ball poorly.
etc.

Blaming the field umpires for a poor free kick count is like blaming the goal umpires when you kick 9.27

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I heard former umpire Derek Humphrey -Smith on radio last night say that after he watched and critiqued the game the count could ahve been even more lopsided in the saints favour

whilst Jim Main has disparaging remarks about the saints players- let alone the umpires.

http://insidefootballonline.com/main.html
I also could refer to the free kicks paid to St Kilda’s untouchable — we all know his identity — and we also know by now that you cannot breathe on him without getting pinged.
has he ever watched his swans play, perhaps he enjoys it when players break the rules ;)

I would be worried if one team had the better of the game in contested posessions, tackles etc. and were that far behind in free's but it seemed that the saints were just rewarded for doing everything very very well

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

He was paid two early free kicks for an opponent having arms around him, but not holding him
How do you do that?