Robin Nahas - Should we go for him?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

esaint66
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:
saint edward wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Talked up by the commentators before the game.

Quick we must get him...

:roll:

Pretty much done zilch tonight and sitting down having a rest right now.

Quick sign him up.

He isn't that bad. He is quite the player at VFL level, but just doesn't have the body for the AFL.

Smaller players have the ability to put on the bulk, but some players like Nahas are just don't.
Ummm my point exactly.

So many premature evaluators on here with pre-trade period moisture.

Anyone who gets talked up or kicks a few goals in any comp from Albany districts to the thirds of the Riddell District finals is getting a look in on here at the moment.

It's hilarious. I love that thread by sRr, and also the comments by Archie.

I'll put my current bank balance on the fact Nahas won't get picked up in the AFL. (Mind you that would leave someone paying my debts but you know what I mean)
Yeah that is why i am saying don't get him ....
I would only ever want us to get him is if that we had a spare pick or what not and we needed to pick up someone of his calibre, but the chances of that happening IMO are very very minimal.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Steven is a midfielder and not overly quick but will be very good but not the same type he's just small
Milne will not be around always and no real back up for his pace... Schneider is not overly quick... at all...
WE NEEED PACE! if we don't get him then our first pick must be a highly skilled quick midfielder in the draft...
Last edited by mightysainters on Fri 26 Sep 2008 10:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

esaint66
SS Life Member

Iceman234 wrote:We have Jack Steven, Milne and Schneider.

Not knocking the bloke, I know he's been good, but I see him as about the 287th player we would be looking at. He will be a VFL champion over the next ten years.

Exactly we have a whole list of these kind of players.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

My cousin is running around out there tonight.

I think we should draft him, because he has a few possies and has kicked a goal (maybe two).

Anyway.......

Still don't think we need Nahas. Each to their own.

Have you seen that thread with all our pickups?

And now we have to fit Nahas and Sidebottom in....

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

who are you the pickup police? who cares its called an opinion... if u dont like it dont read it... :roll:

esaint66
SS Life Member

mightysainters wrote:who are you the pickup police? who cares its called an opinion... if u dont like it dont read it... :roll:

True, but we have the right to post our opinions as well.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:who are you the pickup police? who cares its called an opinion... if u dont like it dont read it... :roll:
Ummmm no? :wink:

And to say if you don't like it, don't read it. Well WTF? How do you know unless you read it?

I read it, I evaluated it, I wish I could have taken it back - but I just couldn't, it was already read.

:wink:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Worth a punt on the rookie list if available.

Reminded me of Wonaemirri...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not even close, he would be brushed aside defensively......he has a massive VFL asset...pace, it would be less of an asset in the AFL

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

pace is what we need...and is a major asset in AFL that's why changa bateman destroyed dal... and no im not saying nahas is like bateman im saying that pace is a major asset

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Good player and his been for a year or 2. I thought he would be worth a punt, but people are correct weith Milne, Schneider and Jack we should be right. Would like to see another club gibe him a go though.

Carpe Diem
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Assett is a requirement at AFL level, which is why it will NOT seperate you....nearly every player has it.....

In the VFL he has a major advantage, and his lack of body size is not exploited.

R Harvey 3 votes

plugger66 wrote:Unless he grows and can become a medium marking forward he will not be any use to us.
Sorry to be a party pooper but the saints have shown interest in him.

as has numerous clubs.

R Harvey 3 votes

Quick we must get him...

Quick sign him up.
Mate the guy ended up being injured so how is he going to do much?

Obviously youre not a recruiters ass'ole if your basing your opinion on 1 freakin game..DONT BE IGNORANT

The kid is the best VFL small forward in the comp. Absolutely smashed it, even with hard tags all year. Maybe Dal should take a leaf out of his book.

As I said previously upto 6 clubs have shown a lot of interest.This kid would be perfect for us.

R Harvey 3 votes

Iceman234 wrote:
saint edward wrote:

Quick we must get him...

Quick sign him up.

He isn't that bad. He is quite the player at VFL level, but just doesn't have the body for the AFL.

Smaller players have the ability to put on the bulk, but some players like Nahas are just don't.
Ummm my point exactly.

So many premature evaluators on here with pre-trade period moisture.

Anyone who gets talked up or kicks a few goals in any comp from Albany districts to the thirds of the Riddell District finals is getting a look in on here at the moment.

It's hilarious. I love that thread by sRr, and also the comments by Archie.

I'll put my current bank balance on the fact Nahas won't get picked up in the AFL. (Mind you that would leave someone paying my debts but you know what I mean)
This is like taking candy from a baby!!

Put your money where your mouth is!!

It's great having inside knowledge HAHA

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

R Harvey 3 votes wrote:

Quick we must get him...

Quick sign him up.

Obviously youre not a recruiters ass'ole if your basing your opinion on 1 freakin game..DONT BE IGNORANT

The kid is the best VFL small forward in the comp. Absolutely smashed it, even with hard tags all year. Maybe Dal should take a leaf out of his book.

As I said previously upto 6 clubs have shown a lot of interest.This kid would be perfect for us.
Unless you take it with other threads it was more to do with the fact that it seems on here every player who gets a kick in a lower league or gets delisted has to be a Saint in 09. :roll:

This thread popped up about half time of the VFL GF - I can't recall other threads about Nahas throughout the year.

Not ignorant, I've been watching the VFL also and know he's good.

PS I thought he came back on and played the game out. :?

R Harvey 3 votes

Iceman234 wrote:
R Harvey 3 votes wrote:

Quick we must get him...

Quick sign him up.

Unless you take it with other threads it was more to do with the fact that it seems on here every player who gets a kick in a lower league or gets delisted has to be a Saint in 09. :roll:

This thread popped up about half time of the VFL GF - I can't recall other threads about Nahas throughout the year.

Not ignorant, I've been watching the VFL also and know he's good.

PS I thought he came back on and played the game out. :?

Yeah he came back on for about 10 mins and sat out the rest of the game.

Your issue lies with this 'other threat'' of so call players, the thread is about robin nahas and what your thoughts about him... Your going on tangent about a totally different subject..

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Well six months later I'll have my pie served up full of humble and cream thanks.

Good on him for debuting for the Tigers today.

:lol: