Not confident about tonights game!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Not confident about tonights game!

I must say I am pretty worried our boys are going to get touched up tonight. In the past for what ever reason they have shown that they are mentally soft when it comes to playing interstate.

If they want to be considered a contender they have to perform no where they are playing. Hopefully they can show us that they have matured and that they have what it takes...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Stating the obvious here but we need to start well and keep the crowd out of the game.

When the Crows get going, AAMI becomes such a cauldron.

I'm never confident of winning there regardless of how good our form might be.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

It's never easy to beat the interstate teams at their home grounds. Apart from anything else, the home town decisions by the umps usually put you a few goals behind. (One of the things I distinctly remember about our 2005 finals win at AAMI was that the umps seemed to choose not to listen to the crowd and we got a much better deal with the free kicks all night: if I wanted to be cynical, I think they were responding to the embarassment of "whispers in the sky" a few weeks earlier.)

Despite the comments by BJ and others about a worthy loss "no longer being acceptable", we might well have to settle for that if (a) we are crucified by the umps or (b) if the Crows kick a few goals in succession at a crucial stage and get a break on us on the scoreboard (after which, with the crowd behind them, they'll be bloody hard to run down).

This scenario is capable of happening to any Victorian team - even the Cats or Hawks - at AAMI or Subi or the SCG or the Gabba. It's just a fact of football life.

But I reckon that, if Gardi, Kosi, Ball and Dal can play like they did last week, and if Riewoldt's fitness has improved a bit, and if Lenny is genuinely up for it, then we'll certainly give it a good shot tonight. So I remain optimistic, but also mentally prepared for the worst.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

They should beat us....

They are well drilled and nullify our strengths well

They have the key backs to control our fwds.....the run and overlap we struggle to contain and they hit targets....

If we control the clearances....we have a chance.....if we do not they will control general play, and they have a spread of multiple goalkickers.....

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Listen to you all. It's round 2 and you're giving yourselves ulcers :lol:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
JEANLUCPICARD
Club Player

Frightening that we brushed this mob off quite easily at their ground.

Could be an interesting year.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Not confident about tonights game!

WinnersOnly wrote:I must say I am pretty worried our boys are going to get touched up tonight. In the past for what ever reason they have shown that they are mentally soft when it comes to playing interstate.

If they want to be considered a contender they have to perform no where they are playing. Hopefully they can show us that they have matured and that they have what it takes...

yep...and they did....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I wasn't worried to be honest, I saw something in the boys last week that impressed me....perhaps now we will get some credit for knocking off Sydney?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Not confident about tonights game!

WinnersOnly wrote:I must say I am pretty worried our boys are going to get touched up tonight. In the past for what ever reason they have shown that they are mentally soft when it comes to playing interstate.

ye of little faith..............

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107