3GS Happy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

3GS Happy

I am a happy Saint supporter today, it was especially enjoyable to watch the last quarter knowing the result, a lot less stress.

Last night was a very, very good win especially how we finished the game off and pressed home our advantage.

As I said about last week's game I would have been happier if we had hung on to a bit more of the lead we established, but this week, we finished them off.

I am really impressed in our vastly improved ability to tackle, which is putting extreme pressure on our opposition, noticed it in our practice match against the Bulldogs and really glad to see it continuing.

Also want to congratulate some of our lesser lights, Geary, best game he has played so far, Dawson, not as good as last week, but still spoilt effectively and has the advantage of being able to draw on two of the best defenders of all time, Silvagni and Max.

McQualter, a very special mention, his stats might not show much in the way of possessions, but I saw him chase hard, tackle hard and throw himself into packs hard to compete.

Waht was even more pleasing, he seems to be relishing in this role and really enjoying it.

As for our AAMI hoodoo, it hasn't been broken yet, we have to beat Port there in a couple of weeks time before we can suggest we are breaking it.

Also, let's not get over confident, we got West Coast next week and we all remember what happened last year when we thought we were certainties.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.