Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Kosi

Could this be the year? :D

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Two solid efforts......and when he impacts the game it is generally a big play....

Big grab, strong tackle, good pass.....

Team-lifter....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

where is that Barometer thread again?

“Yeah….nah””
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I'm rapt in Kosi's last two performances. Finally doing the great Stewie Loewes No. 23 proud.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
stkfc1
Club Player

GO YOU GOOD THING! :D (amazing what a pre-season will do)

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Just a star....

Was interested to learn from Buckley tonight that he was in the top 15 in forward 50 tackles in the comp last year... In a year that many thought he was poor... Personally, I thought his 08 season was good, but this year he has started a step above..

He was, and it seems at any opportunity, unfairly criticised by many fools on here... He is an extremely valuable player of the highest quality and importance...

Just thank god we didnt trade him...2-0 is bettert than 0-2, thats for sure...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Just a star....

Was interested to learn from Buckley tonight that he was in the top 15 in forward 50 tackles in the comp last year... In a year that many thought he was poor... Personally, I thought his 08 season was good, but this year he has started a step above..

He was, and it seems at any opportunity, unfairly criticised by many fools on here... He is an extremely valuable player of the highest quality and importance...

We were never going to trade him 8-)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I'd be one of those fools who were criticising him. Never called for him to be traded but did ask for him to be assessed on his actual performances rather than the "gunna be" factor.
Great to hear that he's actually looking the goods this year. May he have turned the corner.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

I'd be one of those fools who were criticising him. Never called for him to be traded but did ask for him to be assessed on his actual performances rather than the "gunna be" factor.
Great to hear that he's actually looking the goods this year. May he have turned the corner.
agree st.bryon
the comment unfairly cirticised by many fools on here is a stupid statement.....

has been on list 9 years..............promising glimpses................

that was/is still the frustration........

needs a consistent year week in week out...

to justify his time....

really hope he can do it all year.

Has desrerved his criticisim for lack of output.

saint4life
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Read the play very well, made a heap of room for himself and was well supported by those around him...maybe the Saints and Kosi have decided he is the FF we've been looking for after all??? With Gardy tearing up the ruck the way he is, I can't see why we wouldn't leave him down there for the whole season.

However, we've all seen him string a couple good ones together...lets hope these past 2 efforts give him the confidence to go on...and no injuries...or jumper punches! Fingers crossed.

Schoey

I haven't yelled "KOSI" at the TV this consistently for a long time. Here's hoping we see his full potential this year.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Lets hope both Kosi and Roo are firing in tandem, come a few weeks.....

Shall be great to watch.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: agree st.bryon
the comment unfairly cirticised by many fools on here is a stupid statement.....

to justify his time....

yep it's been a long wait and the criticism has been warranted IMO. As is the praise and plaudits if he's started to really contribute consistently and let's hope he continues to do so. Will be a huge plus for us if he turns in a 70 - 80 goal year. That will take heaps of pressure off Roo and if Gardi and King stay fit our big man division will have a really imposing look about it.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

agree st.bryon

to justify his time....

Lack of output is just rubbish.... its more like over inflated expectations, and he has done a hell out alot more than merely 'promising glimpses'.... It really became a joke last year when Steven King was judged by some on here to have had better year, and being of more importance to the team...

As far as im concerned, the Kosi of this year is the same Kosi of last year and the year before.. He's just getting a little more support this year, with a good fitness level under his belt...

Yes, this is a 'you were wrong' situation, cos it was disgusting last year how he was hung out to dry by sooo many supporters... Its as if they were wanting him to fail... Hell, they are probably waiting for it this year too.... To the extent that some posters were trying to downplay his performance last week, making out like he got lucky to play a good game, and to expect a poor performance next....

Im just glad to see him finally start to silence the critics...

Shaggy
Club Player

I am with you Sobraz.

Being in the top 15 in forward 50 tackles in the comp last year is not bad for such a big man.

Regardless IMO he still played out of position. Kosi is a wonderful footballer and when positioned right just could deliver a premiership he is that good IMO . He was getting there in 2005 before injury.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
chook23 wrote:
st.byron wrote:

agree st.bryon

to justify his time....

Lack of output is just rubbish.... its more like over inflated expectations, and he has done a hell out alot more than merely 'promising glimpses'.... It really became a joke last year when Steven King was judged by some on here to have had better year, and being of more importance to the team...

As far as im concerned, the Kosi of this year is the same Kosi of last year and the year before.. He's just getting a little more support this year, with a good fitness level under his belt...

Yes, this is a 'you were wrong' situation, cos it was disgusting last year how he was hung out to dry by sooo many supporters... Its as if they were wanting him to fail... Hell, they are probably waiting for it this year too.... To the extent that some posters were trying to downplay his performance last week, making out like he got lucky to play a good game, and to expect a poor performance next....

you statements are all over the place.......

your last sentence explains it........finally.......

saint4life
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:

I'm in no position to judge this year Sobraz 'coz I haven't seen any games. And I'm sure people don't want this thread turned into another Kosi is a star vs Kosi is a 'gunna be' thread.
Saying stuff like, "Yes, this is a 'you were wrong' situation, cos it was disgusting last year how he was hung out to dry..." is just more of the same argument about him carried over from last year. Some people think he's been good and others think he's been seriously over-rated.
Let's just agree that people had differing views about Kosi's consistency and performances last year and evaluate him on his 2009 efforts which by all reports are really promising.

Shaggy
Club Player

st.byron wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

I'm in no position to judge this year Sobraz 'coz I haven't seen any games. And I'm sure people don't want this thread turned into another Kosi is a star vs Kosi is a 'gunna be' thread.
Saying stuff like, "Yes, this is a 'you were wrong' situation, cos it was disgusting last year how he was hung out to dry..." is just more of the same argument about him carried over from last year. Some people think he's been good and others think he's been seriously over-rated.
Let's just agree that people had differing views about Kosi's consistency and performances last year and evaluate him on his 2009 efforts which by all reports are really promising.
Fair call st.byron. But about last year lets just agree being in the top 15 in forward 50 tackles in the comp last year is not bad for such a big man and is actually very important for the team even if some supporters don't see it :D

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
Fair call st.byron. But about last year lets just agree being in the top 15 in forward 50 tackles in the comp last year is not bad for such a big man and is actually very important for the team even if some supporters don't see it :D
jeez Shaggy, I'm not taking the bait. I could quote some Kosi 2008 stats back to you that are distinctly unflattering. Yep being in the top 15 for forward tackles is good. Agreed.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Kosi ....I've always held the faith since a couple of years ago at the dome on a friday night against collingwood when he kicked four or five ...
The Moorabbin wing was rocking that night and the man love began .. :oops:

ace
Saintsational Legend

A while back I remember Kosi missed a high five with Riewoldt.
He wacked Rooey in the face.
Tonight he missed a high five with Goddard.
He wacked Goddard in the face.

I won't complain if he misses the high fives just so long as he doesn't miss the goals.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saintly_safes
Club Player

st.byron wrote:

I have said things on this site that I have lived to regret.I have always been a Kosi supporter & although its only early in the season I think he is the most important player in our team. If he can play a full season(injury free )he is the X factor for us .Everyones worried about Roo which gives Kosi a bit more freedom but when both are on song with a disaplined midfield as we have seen this season it gives us so much more scope.
In saying all of that I have to give huge praise to Gardiner & King for their contribution that given us another avenue up forward to keep the opposition guessing. Go sainters :wink:

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

It's all about his 3KZ and it's starting to work.

Let's not forget the one main man who supported Kosi through all the trade talk was Ross The Boss. He shall be rewarded.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021