The Modern Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote: I assume that my reference to your tirade was not an issue.

Although false, you didn't categorically state it - so therefore it's not a lie. You were wrong, but not factually stating that something happened - that didn't infact happen at all.

People are wrong alot, it's Ok. It's lying that bothers me. Especially when people lie to win an argument.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote: The quotation marks were to indicate my metaphorical allusion to the general penchant of your posts
The challenge still stands by the way.

Find one post that suggests that 'I loved/love Grant'.

Just one. One single post that I've made.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I would be more than happy to - however, since I cannot do a search by time here - it would need more than the three mins I am prepared to give to argue with you. I have to rely on memory and what I believe.
Now a lie means : an untruthful statement, especially with the intention to deceive others ....
and I did not do this ... so lets leave it there ... this is becoming, as with all arguments with you, circular and like sex with a hooker - ultimately unrewarding. :lol:

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:RodgerFox made the call straight away on what will happen after the sacking of GT.

We will be in for a change in game plan, certain players will not adapt, then gone, and then the Saints go into rebuild.

Wow some insight in that lot - new coach means.....you guessed it game plan change!! and some players will be moved on???? .....well done Sherlock....you must be easily impressed.
Ive since also read Rodgerfox post that he never said we were in a re-building phase - so which is it genius?...or are you just happy to be Dodgy's lapdog either way? :lol:

This was ridiculed at the time by Tef who thought bringing in talls to win the tap, flooding and Kosi at FF were the answer.

Yawn - please produce the post where I say that?

Seriously your credibility is as bad as Dodgy's - if it doesnt happen just make it up??? I understand your grasp of discussions is limited (as evidenced by your mad ramblings and love for Dodg) but please desist from lying and attaching my name to it for a reaction - its nothing short of baiting and I thought the site had rules for this sort of posting drivel?

RF is disillusioned and arrogant as a result which I can fully understand.

Ofcourse you can - ask yourself one question....isnt it a little unnerving knowing you are the ONLY one who understands Dodgy's error riddled rubbish of "I told you so" AFTER the fact?

You make a grand couple.... :wink:

I suspect RF will rethink if RL starts to get the best out of Kosi, Ball, Dal, X, Raph, Gilbert, Bakes, Goose, Fish and McQ. This is forgiving RL that power players like AH, G-Train, Vossy and Brooks were pre-maturely culled (IMO) because they were not suited to the game plan RL originally thought would win us the premiership.

OMFG - Gtrain and Hamill prematurelyy culled????...your either not all there..or delusional. And as for Brooks - I think you will find GT made sure his career was going nowhere...even AFTER trying to shop him round on the back of 1 Brisbane game performance.

Get your facts right seriously.

There is no doubt RL is changing for the better as he is learning IMO
It’s the learning process which is the problem IMO since our list in now at its maturity.

And whats the "problem' with the "learning process" grasshopper?

Let me guess....it ontains the words "Ross" and "Lyon" in that order???

Time to deliver the best out of our key players otherwise we are f***ed.
Well...you've just managed to demonstrate 4 things by this thread:

1. You seriously dont like Ross Lyon (as is your want) but that includes not giving him a reasonable chance.

2. You seriously dont like me (Im comfortable with that) as the unnecessary stalking and attack on me show.

3. You love and understand Dodg (best get a room)

4. If you dont have a clue of the facts your happy to simply lie.

Well done - you've now graduated from the school of "Dodgyfox" with honours... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Teflon wrote:
you gave the new coach 3 months before developing "concerns" over recruitment/player performance? :shock:
The recruited of Gardiner and Clarke was a mistake. It didn't even take 3 months to realise this. The problem since, is that recruiting old rejects has become a habit.

The recruitment of McGough, Murray, Brooks, Capuano also and so many more also proved to be wrong - so what?

Clarke/Gardiner cost us stuff all - Gardiner may yet make you look a dill again (dont panic Ill remind you) and again what did he cost?

Which other "old rejects" would you care to name Lyon has recruited - I'll give you C Gardiner (who was forced upon us part of the King deal)...so who else Sherlock?

Player performance - absolutely. Good players playing poor football when a new coach walks into the joint is a huge concern. Generally, players will be doing everything to impress. Usually, you actually a get a huge peak in individual performance when a new coach rocks up.

Its an interesting point. I agree we have certainly had some under performers in our "good players" and yet........made the Preliminary Final last year with such an underacheiving effort from these "good players"

Thank f@rk we've got a great coach hey? :lol:

I was very, very concerned by this. However, as I said they were private concerns at the time.
It wasn't until things got worse, that I began to express my concerns.

I beieve you are projecting personal issues onto a footy topic....dont mix metaphors - dangerous.

I was completely unaware that expressing concerns in relation to a footy club was tabou on a footy forum. My apologies.
Knock yourself out.

No, I really meant......'knock yourself out'

“Yeah….nah””
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Once again you've just manged to demonstrate 1 thing...

The complete and utter inability to disagree with someone in a mature and respectful fashion.

Jimmy1972
Club Player

This thread is great. A true epic with both drama and tradgedy, but alas it's a pity we know how it ends. :cry:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Once again you've just manged to demonstrate 1 thing...

The complete and utter inability to disagree with someone in a mature and respectful fashion.
Thats not true ya flog.

Ok...maybe you have a point. Just 1.

But I dont think there was any respect afforded me by that post.

Regardless, why am I talmking to a troll?
:shock:

“Yeah….nah””
Shaggy
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
Shaggy wrote:RodgerFox made the call straight away on what will happen after the sacking of GT.

We will be in for a change in game plan, certain players will not adapt, then gone, and then the Saints go into rebuild.

Wow some insight in that lot - new coach means.....you guessed it game plan change!! and some players will be moved on???? .....well done Sherlock....you must be easily impressed.
Ive since also read Rodgerfox post that he never said we were in a re-building phase - so which is it genius?...or are you just happy to be Dodgy's lapdog either way? :lol:

This was ridiculed at the time by Tef who thought bringing in talls to win the tap, flooding and Kosi at FF were the answer.

Yawn - please produce the post where I say that?

Seriously your credibility is as bad as Dodgy's - if it doesnt happen just make it up??? I understand your grasp of discussions is limited (as evidenced by your mad ramblings and love for Dodg) but please desist from lying and attaching my name to it for a reaction - its nothing short of baiting and I thought the site had rules for this sort of posting drivel?

RF is disillusioned and arrogant as a result which I can fully understand.

Ofcourse you can - ask yourself one question....isnt it a little unnerving knowing you are the ONLY one who understands Dodgy's error riddled rubbish of "I told you so" AFTER the fact?

You make a grand couple.... :wink:

I suspect RF will rethink if RL starts to get the best out of Kosi, Ball, Dal, X, Raph, Gilbert, Bakes, Goose, Fish and McQ. This is forgiving RL that power players like AH, G-Train, Vossy and Brooks were pre-maturely culled (IMO) because they were not suited to the game plan RL originally thought would win us the premiership.

OMFG - Gtrain and Hamill prematurelyy culled????...your either not all there..or delusional. And as for Brooks - I think you will find GT made sure his career was going nowhere...even AFTER trying to shop him round on the back of 1 Brisbane game performance.

Get your facts right seriously.

There is no doubt RL is changing for the better as he is learning IMO
It’s the learning process which is the problem IMO since our list in now at its maturity.

And whats the "problem' with the "learning process" grasshopper?

Let me guess....it ontains the words "Ross" and "Lyon" in that order???

Time to deliver the best out of our key players otherwise we are f***ed.

1. You seriously dont like Ross Lyon (as is your want) but that includes not giving him a reasonable chance.

2. You seriously dont like me (Im comfortable with that) as the unnecessary stalking and attack on me show.

3. You love and understand Dodg (best get a room)

4. If you dont have a clue of the facts your happy to simply lie.

Well done - you've now graduated from the school of "Dodgyfox" with honours... :wink:
Actually I like RL. He is a very likeable bloke but I didn't like his first year as coach.

Formula's don't work to win a flag. Strategies that maximise player strengths do. We were not an endurance team when RL joined.

On the other hand I am very concerned you may go off RL if he puts on any more weight.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
Actually I like RL. He is a very likeable bloke but I didn't like his first year as coach.

Formula's don't work to win a flag. Strategies that maximise player strengths do. We were not an endurance team when RL joined.

On the other hand I am very concerned you may go off RL if he puts on any more weight.[/quote]

?

Id only be concerned if Ross lost weight cause he was on a cabbage diet from some Russian weight loss guru.....that may cause concern...

“Yeah….nah””