Tricky Ricky rides again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Even if he blew .108 I would tink that any half-smart lawyer could argue thyat he had a stidff drink or 2 when he got home and therefore the police couldn't prove he was over the limit when the alleged accident occured?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Even if he blew .108 I would tink that any half-smart lawyer could argue thyat he had a stidff drink or 2 when he got home and therefore the police couldn't prove he was over the limit when the alleged accident occured?

nope...that's an offence all of it's own......

judging by the big footy comments....our ricky is universally loathed.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

The REAL story here is, which person broke the law to reveal confidential police information regarding matters under investigation and how much did they get paid.

Seeya
matrix
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:The REAL story here is, which person broke the law to reveal confidential police information regarding matters under investigation and how much did they get paid.
prob a copper lol

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Even if he blew .108 I would tink that any half-smart lawyer could argue thyat he had a stidff drink or 2 when he got home and therefore the police couldn't prove he was over the limit when the alleged accident occured?
I think they have that one covered and you can be done for being over the limit for a certain period after driving too....

GrumpyOne

Post if the year on BigFooty:

"When the sh1t hits the tram."

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Surely Roo is going to have to discipline Nixon over this.

Maybe demand his management fees are reduced by 50% for the next 12 months as a fine for bringing Alfa Romeo's into disrepute.

Saints94
SS Life Member

What a loser............. maybe Ben Cousins was the other passenger :shock: :?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:As long as people who respond to this thread havent done anything against the law that is fine otherwise have a look in the mirror.
.......who else drives an alfa....
***appplause*** :D :D

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:As long as people who respond to this thread havent done anything against the law that is fine otherwise have a look in the mirror.
yep I have drunk enough to blow .1, run into a tram and split. I hope he made sure he had not injured anyone before spliting (isn't hit and run another crime?)

If people were not able to pass judgement on other people if they had not done it our judges would be full on crims.... :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
maverick
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I think if you've ever driven drunk into a tram and done a runner you cant comment.
Classic :lol: :lol:

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Pick the Headline:

Ricky Nixon came to Flying Stop

Ricky Nixon meet Christine Nixon

Nixon off to a Flying Start after car hits tram

etc

Nee!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:The REAL story here is, which person broke the law to reveal confidential police information regarding matters under investigation and how much did they get paid.
I agree, the person who took the phone camera video had no right to do so and should be hunted down.

And if people draw an inference between the 45 year old male and the Kew resident and the car, and the video, and the fact that allegedly Nixon has been spoken to - then the "Police spokesperson" should be closely looked at as well.

As far as payment scale goes, I'll have to refer to a PDF document, last printed 2004 though.

I personally think nothing less than a Royal Commission will suffice....

:lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Nixon's AFL licence in jeopardy

Andrea Petrie | March 13, 2009

RICKY Nixon could lose his licence to manage AFL players after crashing his car, leaving the scene of the accident and then blowing more than twice the legal alcohol limit.

Nixon recorded a blood alcohol reading of .108 after his Alfa Romeo collided with a tram in Swan Street, Richmond, about 11.15pm on Wednesday.

Several passengers on the tram are believed to have got off after the accident and recognised Nixon as the driver.

He fled the scene and the 45-year-old was later arrested by police at his Kew home. He was taken to Collingwood police station where he underwent a breath test.

Nixon is expected to be charged on summons with failing to report the accident to police and exceeding the prescribed concentration of alcohol within three hours of driving a motor vehicle involved in a collision. He was not drug tested.

While AFL Players Association chief executive Brendon Gale declined to comment yesterday, the AFLPA regulations governing accredited agents states that a player agent must not have a conviction for "any relevant offence".

The guidelines also state that the agent "must not engage in any other conduct that might in the reasonable opinion of the (AFLPA) committee impact adversely on the player agent's competence to serve in a fiduciary capacity on behalf of players".

Nixon is also required to abide by the association's code of conduct, which includes acting in accordance with Australian law and the legitimate best interests of each player he represents.

The code states he must refrain from behaviour that is detrimental to any player he represents.

An employee of Nixon's Flying Start management agency sent a text message to all of Nixon's clients yesterday outlining that he had been involved in a serious car accident and was going to spend the day in bed.

Several associates told The Age that Nixon had suffered a concussion and also injured his leg, ribs and hand. One friend said Nixon told him he was "close to death".

Geelong coach Mark Thompson described Nixon's actions as "a silly thing to do" when asked about the incident at a NAB Cup grand final press conference.

Nixon is the managing director of Flying Start, which he set up in 1994 after retiring from football.

His playing career began at Carlton before moving to Hawthorn and then St Kilda.

He manages more than 70 players, including some of the biggest names in footy, such as Ben Cousins, Nick Riewoldt and Matthew Richardson.

He has managed some of the most controversial figures in the game, including Wayne Carey and Gary Ablett snr.

An AFL spokesman said the conduct of player agents was an issue for the players' association and not the league.

"At all times someone is subject to the law and at all times we would expect someone to co-operate. I'm sure the law will deal with it," he said.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

"His playing career began at Carlton before moving to Hawthorn and then St Kilda."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

still find it funny.... did benny compare notes on how to run away from cops.... "c'mon mate, thats nothing, I swam to escape the coppers...."

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
loris
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:still find it funny.... did benny compare notes on how to run away from cops.... "c'mon mate, thats nothing, I swam to escape the coppers...."
Benny was possibly a cross trainer........ problem was he was so off his face couldn't find his bicycle after he got out of the water to finish off the triathalon.