2009 Members Stickers !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

2009 Members Stickers !!

The GOOD news is that I have been spotting more & more over the past few weeks.

The BAD news is that they are so hard to spot. They are almost completely white. At least, they won't fade. There is NO colour to fade.

I like the "pop ups" of Roo, Lenny & Sam, although I de-cappated Sam and had to grovel to Ben Hall to get a replacement.

It appears that the people in China who printed them don't know how to use BOLD font making them near enough to impossible to read from any further away than 1 metre.

I would like to think that our 2010 model will have our crest central to the sticker, with plenty of all three colours (incl red that doesn't fade), bold font claiming that you are a SAINTS MEMBER and possibly do away with the sponsors logo.

I think that the header to the forum is fantastic, as were quite a few of the others that were considered.

Is there any chance that some of you "Computer Graphics Gurus" could come up with some ideas? The club might even take note of the talents of our gurus !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i dont have my membership package yet as the club called to say the ones they sent us are faulty and they will be sending out more re-signing letters for us to resign. yet to get them either, obviously they dont want us to become members what is fine with me! this has happened to us since 06, the 4th year in a row now.

one word to describe our membership department, pathetic!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
linz
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:i dont have my membership package yet as the club called to say the ones they sent us are faulty and they will be sending out more re-signing letters for us to resign. yet to get them either, obviously they dont want us to become members what is fine with me! this has happened to us since 06, the 4th year in a row now.

one word to describe our membership department, pathetic!
Not Happy Jan!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2009 Members Stickers !!

Eastern wrote:The GOOD news is that I have been spotting more & more over the past few weeks.

The BAD news is that they are so hard to spot. They are almost completely white. At least, they won't fade. There is NO colour to fade.

I like the "pop ups" of Roo, Lenny & Sam, although I de-cappated Sam and had to grovel to Ben Hall to get a replacement.

It appears that the people in China who printed them don't know how to use BOLD font making them near enough to impossible to read from any further away than 1 metre.

I would like to think that our 2010 model will have our crest central to the sticker, with plenty of all three colours (incl red that doesn't fade), bold font claiming that you are a SAINTS MEMBER and possibly do away with the sponsors logo.

I think that the header to the forum is fantastic, as were quite a few of the others that were considered.

Is there any chance that some of you "Computer Graphics Gurus" could come up with some ideas? The club might even take note of the talents of our gurus !!
Bugga !!

Must be another of my stupid ideas :oops: :roll: :wink: !!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

agreed. You cant even tell wht they are when you are directly up the ginger of a car with one on it.

Need to go back to the 06 mould I reckon. You could spot that one from a mile away.

casey scorp
Club Player

I was following a car yesterday with one, and my daughter and I discussed the merits of the sticker. Impossible to see what it is unless very close, headshots lose any detail once you are any distance away.

Mostly white - no visual strength.

It is a disappointment as a sticker for a car.

Our shield is a powerful recognisable statement, and should be prominent on our sticker.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:I was following a car yesterday with one, and my daughter and I discussed the merits of the sticker. Impossible to see what it is unless very close, headshots lose any detail once you are any distance away.

Mostly white - no visual strength.

It is a disappointment as a sticker for a car.

Our shield is a powerful recognisable statement, and should be prominent on our sticker.
agreed, I have never be a fan of car stickers, but the shield is a powerful and recognisable

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We all agree that it aint up to scratch. Have we NOT got anyone who can design something better? !!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:We all agree that it aint up to scratch. Have we NOT got anyone who can design something better? !!
Your avatar for starters

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Eastern wrote:We all agree that it aint up to scratch. Have we NOT got anyone who can design something better? !!
Your avatar for starters
I agree that the shield should be the "MAJOR" part of the sticker and that it should be on a black background. As for the rest, I'm not imaginative or talented enough, thats why I'm pleading for help !!

esaint66
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Your avatar for starters

I actually think your av St Fid would be great, they are our colours and they stand out. Very eye catching.

bethb7
Club Player

I know this was only printed after the membership stickers were sent out, but I reakon this is a much better sticker take out the buy a membership & put in member 09 much better.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon
Lone Tiger!

Probably needs a better font choice and a smoother transition to the Riewoldt pic but not bad for an attempt for copy and crop Paint throw about I'd say. :lol: Maybe there isn't enough red in there either but I reckon it looks okay.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I like both of the above.

Keep them coming !!

st_nick
Club Player

keep it simple I say... saints crest with member 2009 (2010... whatever etc) written underneath on a background shaped to the crest (ie not just plonked on a black square/rectangle). trying to find a pic of melb victory's 08/09 member sticker, that was all they did for theirs and it was perfect.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

are there any reverse stickers where the sticky side is the logo so u can put it inside ya car and not on the outside to fade and crack and look shite after 9 months?.
errr window stickers?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:are there any reverse stickers where the sticky side is the logo so u can put it inside ya car and not on the outside to fade and crack and look shite after 9 months?.
errr window stickers?
months or minutes? !!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Lone Tiger! wrote:Probably needs a better font choice and a smoother transition to the Riewoldt pic but not bad for an attempt for copy and crop Paint throw about I'd say. :lol: Maybe there isn't enough red in there either but I reckon it looks okay.

i like this, although as you said, there is not enough red.
but all it needs i think is change the last 2 numbers fro 2009 to red, so its more like:

i reckon that would be enough red and would stand out enough

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:are there any reverse stickers where the sticky side is the logo so u can put it inside ya car and not on the outside to fade and crack and look shite after 9 months?.
errr window stickers?
months or minutes? !!
months....i didnt quite get 10 months before the little square flags peeled off the rear windscreen on the ute