The New Away Strip

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:I think a White-backed version of our traditional jumper would easily become the most popular clash strip of all if it were made available.
Its kind of a negetive version of what we already have ( and love)
This style has been a proven hit with Carlton & Bulldog supporters as their clubs have done exactly that.
Every second kid who barracks for those sides are wearing their clash strip at the footy. Even the mascots.
A very clever move by those clubs who have tapped into the hearts of their fans and given them what they want.

EXACTLY!

Don't expect the buffoons on the current board to get a clever idea anytime soon!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: I still don't see why the club can't come up with an acceptable away kit in consultation with supporters.
After the faded apron monstrosity I had email contact with AF regarding this where he replied, "I'm sure after you've seen it presented properly you will like it" or words to that affect!

I informed him that you can't polish a turd and that it was highly offensive to presume that after it's "presented properly" > your sure I will like it"

PERLEEEEEEEEEZE

ANYWAY, he then wrote to me and PROMISED that the members would have a say in the next clash jumper design!

YES in his words he said " I promise"

FACT is that never happened!

He admitted that they had stuffed up and that next time around WE THE MEMBERS would have a say in the next clash jumper design!

Yeah righto!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm pretty sure I still have this email from a couple of years ago, might get around to posting it here, so you can read his exact words, which by and large are exactly what I wrote already!

GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote: Besides,GO surely you can see the implied racism of the current clash jumper with the white panel being so much bigger than the black one, it surprises me that you're not up in arms, demanding it be changed immediately!

Besides
FFS B4, don't stir that pot. (apologies to all chefs).

I'm only still here by the skin of my teeth (apologies to any dentists)

Besides, I'm sure there is a rational and logical explanation for the division. (apologies to all maths scholars)

Anyhow, I know you're just taking the p1ss. (apologies to any urinals reading this)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I don't mind the clash guernsey....it's a million times better than thw white PJ's of last year, and provided it doesn't clash, I'm happy with it.

Also, I like the idea of a new clash jumper each year, so there is plenty of cheap clearance stock of the old ones!

avid
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:I think a White-backed version of our traditional jumper would easily become the most popular clash strip of all if it were made available.
Its kind of a negetive version of what we already have ( and love)
This style has been a proven hit with Carlton & Bulldog supporters as their clubs have done exactly that.
Every second kid who barracks for those sides are wearing their clash strip at the footy. Even the mascots.
A very clever move by those clubs who have tapped into the hearts of their fans and given them what they want.

EXACTLY!

Don't expect the buffoons on the current board to get a clever idea anytime soon!
Spot on, TCD
The idea is to have a REAL St Kilda jumper that's also different. Not just a weak, derived, novelty version.

repta
Club Player

at least it is not YELLOW

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I think this thread has summed it up well, it couldn't get worse than last years monstrosity...

I'm still upset they are only using mine as a training jumper :cry:
You realise Collingwood has more Red on their outfit than that jumper. I don't know about you, but I like my saints RED black and white.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:44am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
st.kim
Club Player

The away strip is a winner for me! :D

saint08
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
avid wrote:It's almost OK, but those thin little stripes down the side are irritating and embarrassing.
Why couldn't they just keep the traditional R,W+B front the same, and have a white back for clash games and a black back for the rest? (And the white or black shorts, sock tops, etc) That would look awesome, and fresh, and historical too, each and every time.
No one ever gets our front confused -- it's the black back that may be a problem on occasion. Stop tinkering. Be straightforward.
(That goes for the game plan too.)
Agree entirely, while it is an improvement on last years, what wouldn't be, it still sucks big time!

Our traditional home jumper with a white back is still predominantly white and clashes with noone!

There is no need for the white slab at the front to be so wide, it just looks terrible!

Can the current board get anything right?
Do you think our board decides these operational things?

avid
Club Player

saint08 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
avid wrote:It's almost OK, but those thin little stripes down the side are irritating and embarrassing.
Why couldn't they just keep the traditional R,W+B front the same, and have a white back for clash games and a black back for the rest? (And the white or black shorts, sock tops, etc) That would look awesome, and fresh, and historical too, each and every time.
No one ever gets our front confused -- it's the black back that may be a problem on occasion. Stop tinkering. Be straightforward.
Agree entirely, while it is an improvement on last years, what wouldn't be, it still sucks big time!

Our traditional home jumper with a white back is still predominantly white and clashes with noone!

There is no need for the white slab at the front to be so wide, it just looks terrible!

They SHOULD -- it's our identity.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saint08 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

YES!

AND furthermore as I wrote earlier, I was promised by Archie Fraser after the abysmal faded apron that was worn previously, that we the members would have a say in the next clash jumper design!

yes he wrote , I promise you.......................

FACT is this never happened!

It's all spin and subterfuge, they are not interested in the members views, more about the whims of Gdanski and their own self serving agenda's!

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Will you be wearing your big orange wig and red nose on Thursday?

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

love our current clash strip...it's a winner........and i...unlike the majority on here...have actually seen our guys play in it live....... :wink: :lol: :evil: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I was promised by Archie Fraser
He's gone

Move on.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
He's gone

Move on.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
He's gone

Move on.

we can do that now the git has left the building........and thank god for that........ :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: ...he had blood on his hands...and was the one remaining judas.......

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
He's gone

Move on.

we can do that now the git has left the building........and thank god for that........ :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: ...he had blood on his hands...and was the one remaining judas.......
Ok Pilot, I get your drift.

Anything else we should whinge about?

Not sure about Roo's haircut... throw the board out!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
He's gone

Move on.

Excuse me but Gdanski was also involved in the Thomas sacking, the one thing he probably got right, you do remember?, he was on the board at the time!

Escaped your attention, rumpy?

Gdanski had more involvement than Fraser in this decision, Fraser was just the go between, messenger boy, it was the board which decided this!

It still amazes me which bits you seem to forget and which bits you remember but I suppose that happens with the passing of age!

:lol:
Last edited by barks4eva on Wed 25 Feb 2009 5:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

The clash strip has to be predominantly white FRONT and BACK, there is an exception to that and that's Essendon and Collingwood.

FFS, have a good look at the other teams clash strip and tell me this isn't so.

The Club went for "tradition" in the design of the clash strip as it is similar to a strip worn previously by the players.

For a supporter that moans and flowing moans about tradition and for a poster that can't even type the name St Kilda properly, you really don't have a flowing clue.

There is just one other thing the board can do right, is that they rip your flowing membership up, you do nothing but moan and moan.

Clue, go get a hysterectomy and give us a flowing break :idea: :roll:
Last edited by St Fidelius on Wed 25 Feb 2009 5:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:
stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
He's gone

Move on.

just as well your not steering the ship/flying the plane......

...i love the players....roos haircut.....and the current board...i never criticise the players...well.... with one exception...but he's now gone....sharing a dumpster with b4e i believe :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
He's gone

Move on.

Excuse me but Gdanski was also involved in the Thomas sacking, the one thing he probably got right, you do remember?, he was on the board at the time!

Escaped your attention, rumpy?

Gdanski had more involvement than Fraser in this decision, Fraser was just the go between, messenger boy, it was the board which decided this!

It still amazes me which bits you seem to forget and which bits you remember but I suppose that happens with the passing of age!

:lol:

not true.....

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
stinger wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:
saint66au wrote:
He's gone

Move on.

just as well your not steering the ship/flying the plane......

...i love the players....roos haircut.....and the current board...i never criticise the players...well.... with one exception...but he's now gone....sharing a dumpster with b4e i believe :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
WAs speaking metaphorically... not at you. :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote: WAs speaking metaphorically... not at you. :wink:

do you even know what that means......???

Saints7
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
saint08 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

YES!

AND furthermore as I wrote earlier, I was promised by Archie Fraser after the abysmal faded apron that was worn previously, that we the members would have a say in the next clash jumper design!

yes he wrote , I promise you.......................

FACT is this never happened!

It's all spin and subterfuge, they are not interested in the members views, more about the whims of Gdanski and their own self serving agenda's!
Long time reader, first time poster etc,etc

Been interesting reading this thread.

If what you request is granted B4E, you have on here (an internet forum), at least 15 or so ideas what our clash guernsey should be. Some love it, some hate it, some would like some subtle changes. Knowing that every club changes it more often than not every two years . Can you imagine how many ideas we as supporters would come up with if we were asked to decide a design?

So the board that decides the final decision (if thats the case, which I doubt) will obviously please some and not others. Why are you so vocal on your resentment of this one chosen to represent our current home guernseys as close as possible?

The Tigers use their clash/pre-season guernsey as a major revenue source each year - why cant we? Judging by the fixture, we may wear a clash strip only 3 or 4 times a year.

We may have a new one in 2011, so just hang in there!