Archie Fraser...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

JB, as I said previously, I think that most of Gdanski's nonsense was mainly about big-noting himself and not about Jews per se. Some of it was also about trying to drum up more members from the Jewish community, which is a good idea.

However, one comment he made in that article which I do find rather extraordinary and highly disturbing was this one.
Of the 8000 votes in support of the Footy First ticket that came in really quickly, about 1000 of them up the front were Jews, which is a great result. So whether they know me or not, the community is very important to us.
This means that Gdanski has looked through each and every vote that has come in and has registered whether or not the member has a "Jewish" name (remembering that many surnames - Fisher, Stein, Jacobson all come to mind - are not exclusively Jewish anyway).

He then comments that this was a "great result"!!??? :roll: :roll: :roll: Surely the ethnicity (or religious beliefs) of the members voting for Footy First doesn't matter at all.

All in all, Jewish or not, the man is an egotistical goose: just as he was when he was one of the strongest supporters of RB in sacking GT.

I would think that the Jewish community actually might have cause to be ashamed of him rather than proud of him.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

[quote="BAM! (shhhh.]

From what I recall of history, the stereotype comes from the middle-age moneylenders. In an effort to "save" Jews, the Catholic church decided to ban them from joining guilds, and christians from buying their goods. With few options left, those who could took on money lending (banned to Christians via the mortal sin of usury)- and charged huge interest rates as they needed to cover the many non-payers (a Jew could never have faith that the lords would uphold their contract, debts were regularly cancelled).

The stereotypical greed of Jews was the side effect. The most famous example I know of is the character in Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice".

Eventually banking and the reformation broadened the trade, and it's become an accepted part of our world now... but for some, the stereotype remains... which is a pretty spectacular accomplishment when you consider the era we live in, in which greed is just about the vice of choice - barely even considered a sin these days...[/quote]

Exactly. Shylock was the nasty Jew in the Merchant of Venice.

The myth and stereotype of the moneylending Jew was propogated by the Nazis mainly because the Rothchild's were so successful throughout Europe dating back to the early 19th century.

It has continued with the constant "international Jewish financial conspirarcy" spouted by the looney right and anti semites.

It is laughable and completely false.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
All in all, Jewish or not, the man is an egotistical goose: just as he was when he was one of the strongest supporters of RB in sacking GT.

I would think that the Jewish community actually might have cause to be ashamed of him rather than proud of him.
Yeah good point. I have no problem with his religion. None at all - well I actually do - I have a problem with all religions - but that is by the by.

If anything I would like to see more Jews supporting the Saints, as I would like to see more Hindus's, Muslims, and Pastafarians, more the merrier, couldn't care what fairytale they believe.

JD said he was quoted from a Jewish newspaper. I can understand the audience he was playing to, however I still dont see which particular Jewish issues in football this bloke has to represent - mabye this is why we got more Sunday games :wink:

Yup sounds like a goose. I dont buy the argument that because he is Jewish that he is the reason that members were given the heavy handed treatment by the club re memberships. Smacks of convienent scapegoating - you know find the Jew and blame him for the financial problems or issues.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
barks4eva wrote: I never said ALL jewish persons were greedy!

Greed is obviously not limited to a person's race, therefore you find people of all races who are greedy people and in positions of power.

But why do we have these stereotypes to begin with?

Is there a reason for this?
FWIW, I'm an agnostic, but you might want to have a little bit of perspective before painting with a broad brush of ignorance.

From what I recall of history, the stereotype comes from the middle-age moneylenders. In an effort to "save" Jews, the Catholic church decided to ban them from joining guilds, and christians from buying their goods. With few options left, those who could took on money lending (banned to Christians via the mortal sin of usury)- and charged huge interest rates as they needed to cover the many non-payers (a Jew could never have faith that the lords would uphold their contract, debts were regularly cancelled).

The stereotypical greed of Jews was the side effect. The most famous example I know of is the character in Shakespeare's "Merchant of Venice".

Eventually banking and the reformation broadened the trade, and it's become an accepted part of our world now... but for some, the stereotype remains... which is a pretty spectacular accomplishment when you consider the era we live in, in which greed is just about the vice of choice - barely even considered a sin these days...
Great post, as are a few others since the initial comments... encouraging to see reason, intelligence and decency prevail.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
barks4eva wrote: I never said ALL jewish persons were greedy!

Greed is obviously not limited to a person's race, therefore you find people of all races who are greedy people and in positions of power.

But why do we have these stereotypes to begin with?

Is there a reason for this?
FWIW, I'm an agnostic, but you might want to have a little bit of perspective before painting with a broad brush of ignorance.

Eventually banking and the reformation broadened the trade, and it's become an accepted part of our world now... but for some, the stereotype remains... which is a pretty spectacular accomplishment when you consider the era we live in, in which greed is just about the vice of choice - barely even considered a sin these days...
Great post, as are a few others since the initial comments... encouraging to see reason, intelligence and decency prevail.
I know! Amazing...can we please lock this thread and preserve it, before someone ruins it with a flippant comment. Oops...sorry...too late.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I think you people are missing the point...

Gdanski was white antining the previous admin in order to thwart, in fact, destroy any hope of an agreement with Kingston. Why?

Well, I just watched a video on You Tube, and this guy who's an expert... because he was wearing a white doctor's coat explained that there is an underground movement happening whereby, the Jewish Councilors in Kingston have reached an agreement that as soon as Linton St is demolished, the land will be sold off and used to create new settlements for displaced Israeli citizens... once they hand back their land to Palestinians.

Ok, total cr@p... but it's as good as any other silly theory posted on this thread. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:[quote="BAM! (shhhh.]

Exactly. Shylock was the nasty Jew in the Merchant of Venice.

The myth and stereotype of the moneylending Jew was propogated by the Nazis mainly because the Rothchild's were so successful throughout Europe dating back to the early 19th century.

It has continued with the constant "international Jewish financial conspirarcy" spouted by the looney right and anti semites.

It is laughable and completely false.[/quote][/quote]

the other thing to note about that part of of history. was that approximately in the 14th centuary jews were put into ghettos. One of the only things that they were allowed to do was money lending. As stated above. thats where shakesperes creation of shylock came along, and from there, much anti-semitism grew, to where it is today.

PJ
SS Life Member

Struth and I thought the Max to full forward thread was a worry!!!

Are we going somewhere we really want to be going?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
bigmicka
Club Player

Thought this thread would be resurrected after the item in the Sun today.

Archie has enrolled his kids in a school on the gold coast. Supposedly so the kids can be closer to their grandmother.

Take of it what you will

mic

No one ever built a statue for a critic.
Saints94
SS Life Member

He speaks to me with respect and thats all i want :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigmicka wrote:Thought this thread would be resurrected after the item in the Sun today.

Archie has enrolled his kids in a school on the gold coast. Supposedly so the kids can be closer to their grandmother.

Take of it what you will

mic
Does Archies Mrs/X live on the GC? That would kill the story !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Yeah good point. I have no problem with his religion. None at all - well I actually do - I have a problem with all religions - but that is by the by.

me?????....i have a problem with bigots and atheists...... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigmicka wrote:Thought this thread would be resurrected after the item in the Sun today.

Take of it what you will

mic

the guy's outa there...hasn't got the balls to say so but........ :evil:

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

anyone in their right mind would jump at the opportunity

no longer is he trying to flog a dead horse

if he goes to the gold coast he'll have afl funding & backing..as with syd the afl wont let the g/coast fall over
they have & are still pumping tens of millions in to keeping syd afloat..c/coast will be the same

being afl backed he'd probally get twice what he's getting now

we would all take it

stinger
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:anyone in their right mind would jump at the opportunity

no longer is he trying to flog a dead horse

if he goes to the gold coast he'll have afl funding & backing..as with syd the afl wont let the g/coast fall over
they have & are still pumping tens of millions in to keeping syd afloat..c/coast will be the same

being afl backed he'd probally get twice what he's getting now

we would all take it
speak for yourself...not me......

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Take of it what you will

mic
Does Archies Mrs/X live on the GC? That would kill the story !!
I hope not!

Enjoy the Gold Coast Archie.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: me?????....i have a problem with bigots and atheists...... :wink: :lol:
never would have figured