This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Shaggy wrote:RW - you are correct.

We are negative net assets, negative cash flow and loss making currently.

There are no more pay-outs from Waverley, no Tassie extras and the AFL wants 2 extra teams in Q and NSW regardless of the fate of the Vic teams because that is what the sponsors want.

Tassie should be able to financially save us now but we are not there.

If RL is wrong in his game plan which is seriously boring god help us.
If he wins the flag RL is a messiah. :D

We are in deep shite going into a serious recession.
Let's look on the bright side.

If we win games and make the finals, we will draw crowds, make money, survive and all will be well with the world.

If we lose games, don't make the finals, crowds drop off, lose money, get placed into administration and end up playing in either the VFL, VFA, WAFL (!), an amateurs competition, or similar, I will still be happy just to role up, eat a pie, have a beer and watch the boys play in the red, white and black.

It's a win win.

FQF

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Gee some of you people are depressing.

F*** Tassie.

Our future in=s in Melbourne... In the bayside region.

Get a clue. :evil:

Talk about "membership envy".

Take a look at the filth... how many flags have they wonn in the last 50 years?

Boring!

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Membership Envy :lol:

Shaggy
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:Gee some of you people are depressing.

F*** Tassie.

Our future in=s in Melbourne... In the bayside region.

Get a clue. :evil:

Talk about "membership envy".

Take a look at the filth... how many flags have they wonn in the last 50 years?

Boring!
Being negative net assets, loss making and negative cash flow may be boring to you but I doubt it is to the Board.

In terms of our marketing strengths I would have thought it was Bayside, Tassie, Ballarat & Gold Coast (whilst Roo is with us and GC hasn't started).

Your view that we are merely a bayside club is quite narrowing. I doubt that is what the current Board thinks.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:If we'd won the 04 flag we'd have had 6000 Tassie members too....

Winning a flag will send your membership through the roof whether you play home games in Tassie, TD or Afghanistan
yeh but we didnt win the flag

what hawthorn have done with winning a flag in just 6 months or so (membership) is utterly remarkable

50,000 plus members

it covers your club even when its doing poorly....

hell i would be happy with that kind of membership when the team is doing well and 25,000 can happily drop off when things go poorly for a few years

we would still be doing much better

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

get a life,get a grip, membership envy,tosser,fool,clown....i'm sure all descriptions cover me but they dont alter the fact

we have heard it before from not only our club but others...if ya relying on winning game after game yr after yr ya are GONE

we have just gone through the most successfull 5 -6 yrs in OUR HISTORY both on & off the field

4 finals (3 prelims)...4 yrs of mill buck profits
yet here we are today stone motherless broke,down near the bottom of the chytpile in terms of membership,sponsorship,corporate income,exposure,merchandise etc etc

can understand those that want to pyss of tassie,pyss of the goldcoast handouts (we play there because we are fn broke not for the fun of it)...the point to remember is without handouts will will not survive

i wont be around in 20,30,50 yrs time maybe those that are had wished we at the time (today)had the foresight to see its no longer a pyssy little suburburn melb based comp

the power base has shifted..in a couple of yrs time 1/2 or more of the comp will be located out of melb & do ya reckon by this stage they are going to keep proping up minor suburburn clubs...no bloody way

a flag will solve our problems & secure our future...history shows one in 130 yrs...wouldnt bet my leftie on a flag being our salvation

which road is the better
a club with 10 flags under their belt & more importantly the current one,50000 members,millions of bucks made over the past 6-7 yrs saying to their members...to secure our LONGTERM FUTURE we ask you to forgo 3 gms a yr which will bring us 2 mill bucks a yr so you have a club to follow in 30 yrs

or

stuff the mill bucks a yr we received,stuff the future ,dont think our supporters/members really give a chyt if we are still around

if any club was/is in a position to tell tassie to get stuffed its bloody hawth not us

our best hope is that the g/coast club is put on hold giving us the opportunity to play 3 games a yr up there...we need the 2 mill bucks that would bring in

maybe someone at the agm can put the question...have we looked at playing more games at the g/coast