Dal Santo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Worse posting on this thread in my memory....

Consistently...
Top 4 in Hardball gets...
Top 4 in tackles...
Top 4 for clearances...
Top 4 in the B&F....
and now
The number 1 tagged player (why?)

But why let the actual fact (stats) get in the way of a good story, or how someone percieves him.

CJ - as hard as he may try, will never hold a candle to him, he will never be an AA and will never reach the hieghts of DAL

Why is he in the BP.....to break a hard tag.

He is not Luke Ball defensively, but

Luke Ball is not Dal offensively....

We have many more issues on the list than the ability of Nick Dal Santo, and how he played in a Praccy Game where he was listed as our third best......

and Solar - if you don't think he turns games, watch us beat the hawks last season,
what about big games????, watch the final against Collingwood

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Worse posting on this thread in my memory....

Consistently...
Top 4 in Hardball gets...
Top 4 in tackles...
Top 4 for clearances...
Top 4 in the B&F....
and now
The number 1 tagged player (why?)

But why let the actual fact (stats) get in the way of a good story, or how someone percieves him.

CJ - as hard as he may try, will never hold a candle to him, he will never be an AA and will never reach the hieghts of DAL

Why is he in the BP.....to break a hard tag.

He is not Luke Ball defensively, but

Luke Ball is not Dal offensively....

We have many more issues on the list than the ability of Nick Dal Santo, and how he played in a Praccy Game where he was listed as our third best......

and Solar - if you don't think he turns games, watch us beat the hawks last season,
what about big games????, watch the final against Collingwood
Ive watched every time we play Geelong and I can tell you he aint breaking tags there deep in defence - that may be theory but Ling loves it down there, jags a few goal, heap of stats and out marks Dal easy. To me that strategy does not work and I agree with Yabby Jeans - IF , as you say hes great OFFENSIVELY, then play him forward and take one of their play makers with him. Force the oppositon to focus on him in our F50 cause his 15 touches around a HFF are gonna land on the chest of a team mate in a far more dangerous position on many occasions.

Seeing him as the designated kick out guy last week I couldnt help but think....wasted - especially when many of the kick ins were dinky kicks 25mtrs into the pocket.

“Yeah….nah””
saintwill66
Club Player

[quote="Teflon"
Seeing him as the designated kick out guy last week I couldnt help but think....wasted - especially when many of the kick ins were dinky kicks 25mtrs into the pocket.[/quote]

Precisely Teflon - and it makes me think that Dal is not being employed to the team's best advantage in defence. He has great disposal but should play in the midfield and use his great skills to deliver pinpoint into the forward line.

Big stats are misleading and should not be the sole criteria for a player's perfomance because they do not separate the wheat from the chaff. I would much rather have statistics restricted to those posessions/disposals that are genuinely effective - merely handballing back and forward between players, or the "dinky kicks", have little bearing on the game and should be disregarded as they only serve to give players and coaches a misguided sense of satisfaction.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Foitunately, the club appointed me as team psycholgist this week...

We are now applying the latest methods to get the best out of Dal...

Here I am demonstrating it to the board:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

why clinton jones gets brought into a thread about dal santo il'l never know

obviously some posters don't know s*** from shoepolish

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:why clinton jones gets brought into a thread about dal santo il'l never know

obviously some posters don't know s*** from shoepolish
Funny coz I knew aguy who used to polish his shoes with sh**

Nyuk nyuk nyuk

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
JABBER
Club Player

dal santo

you are right Dal santo is a dud thats why they dropped him last year.he has to learn how to defend against top midfielders to become a top player.
his attacking skills are very good

trevor barker
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: dal santo

JABBER wrote:you are right Dal santo is a dud thats why they dropped him last year.he has to learn how to defend against top midfielders to become a top player.
his attacking skills are very good
he was dropped granted...however dal was probably a scapegoat due to the teams poor performance and really looking average

its odd to think yapper was dropped within a 60 goal year too...

to me it a good thing...ross the boss is the prick that this club needs to make harsh calls....he has balls

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dud is rather a strong word

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Dud is rather a strong word
especially when associated with nicky dal...its bullding