Vale a Saint fan...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Vale a Saint fan...

Like probably many on this site I know two people that are "missing" in the fires...and as time goes by ones fear grows for them.

So I watch for news with dread....

Now I did not know Rob Vale....though I seem to recall seeing his little girl at the football.

So many sad sad stories...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 23,00.html

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

you made me cry sr........bugger... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

just so very very sad..... that's probably the 20th time i've wept in the past few days.... RIP and God be with you :( :( :(

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I sit in the Social Club area....and yes they seem familar.

You sit in an area for years...and you"know" those regular faces around you without actually "knowing" them...

May they rest in peace.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

We need to hold our loved ones close.

Never truer words spoken.

No dry eyes here. :cry:

GrumpyOne

Looking at that little girl's face......... fcuk the world is a cruel place. :cry:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Terrible, just horrible.

Photos like this really bring it home.

Ne'er a truer word spoken Icey. Never. :(

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So very very sad, I finding it difficult to read the papers and watch the news at the moment. I also feel that to some extent in acknowledging their stories, I am honouring their memories....if that makes sense.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The sad tales continue I am afraid...

One of my daughters received a phone call from the brother of one of her closest friends.

They lived some distance apart...but talked all the time on skype.

Her bother rang tonight to let my daughter know that her friend had been staying with her grandparents.

Her grandparents went shopping not perceiving any threats, and while they were gone the fires struck without notice and quickly.

Unfortunately my daughters friend was home alone and sought shelter in the basement.

The fires were so intense that they consumed all the oxygen...and she was asphyxiated.

Grief is always hard to handle, but for a 15 year to lose such a close friend so tragically is just so hard.....

SaintDebi
Club Player

sympathies to your daughter and all other friends and family of this poor young lady. My own daughters are 17 and 19, and I can only imagine the heartbreak and grief your daughter will be feeling as she questions how and why.........
Hold her close ( there are too many who no longer have that luxury), and let her know that the love and thoughts of so many are with her and her friend.
RIP

Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:The sad tales continue I am afraid...

One of my daughters received a phone call from the brother of one of her closest friends.

They lived some distance apart...but talked all the time on skype.

Her bother rang tonight to let my daughter know that her friend had been staying with her grandparents.

Her grandparents went shopping not perceiving any threats, and while they were gone the fires struck without notice and quickly.

Unfortunately my daughters friend was home alone and sought shelter in the basement.

The fires were so intense that they consumed all the oxygen...and she was asphyxiated.

Grief is always hard to handle, but for a 15 year to lose such a close friend so tragically is just so hard.....
thoughts are with your daughter and her friends family

it's so terribly sad. Listen to tim cahill and it puts it all into perspective. Footbal is just football, these are peoples lives....

keep giving.... got told when giving blood that 20,000 people signed up to give blood. This is extremely important in the coming months and years.

thoughts are with all the saints out in the bush

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:So very very sad, I finding it difficult to read the papers and watch the news at the moment. I also feel that to some extent in acknowledging their stories, I am honouring their memories....if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense...heartbreaking and very hard to read but its important to remember everyone of them..Have friends who lost their parents at Kinglake after losing a brother just 6 monyhs ago :roll: ..

.puts so much in perspective...hold your loved ones close and never take anyone for granted. :cry:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.