Zac Dawson the new Tim Elliott?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:I thought Dawson was hopeless in the air but did a few good things when the ball was on the ground. That said, he did some very ordinary things when the ball was on the ground as well. If he's playing during the season then it must mean Max, Gilbo, Goose, Blake and Chips are all injured.
Wasnt outmarked at all and continually spoilt. What is your expectations MSG do you expect 9 contested grabs from the fullback? :roll: :roll:

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Look..its a practice match...

the blunt truth is that the chances of Max playing 22 games this year isnt great...so we will need depth KPP defenders. Zac is one of them and therefore was trialled to see how he'd go should Max break down. No he wasnt great but we will have to test these things out

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
PJ
SS Life Member

Piss poor topic, get a life and get some perspective.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Zac Dawson the new Tim Elliott?

lyonhearted wrote:I hate to say this but on what I saw in last night's game Zac Dawson could well be the new Tim Elliott? My heart was in my mouth every time he got the ball as he fumbled and turned the ball over with almost every possession.

I wish the kid well and it's good that he's been given the opportunity to prove himself with the Saints but he's going to have to be a LOT better than that if he wants to cement a place in the side.
tim elliott was once bog.......this guy won't even get on the turf...so chill out.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Apparently Lyon was happy with his effort. Then again, we know more than Ross the Muppet. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

lyonhearted wrote:
markinUSA wrote:I still feel really bad about Tim Elliot. I feel like we - the fans - really should treat OUR OWN players better than that. We crucified him. He may not have been as good as some other players, but we need to treat our own players better.
You're right... my apologies Tim if you happen to be reading this thread. You may not have been endowed with all the skills, but you were a real trier and always tried to get the best out of yourself (and a hell of a good bloke too I hear). Better to have someone like that in your side than a guy with all the talent in the world that won't put in (I won't mention names).
Nick Dal Santo

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
lyonhearted wrote:
markinUSA wrote:I still feel really bad about Tim Elliot. I feel like we - the fans - really should treat OUR OWN players better than that. We crucified him. He may not have been as good as some other players, but we need to treat our own players better.
You're right... my apologies Tim if you happen to be reading this thread. You may not have been endowed with all the skills, but you were a real trier and always tried to get the best out of yourself (and a hell of a good bloke too I hear). Better to have someone like that in your side than a guy with all the talent in the world that won't put in (I won't mention names).
Nick Dal Santo
why would you want a below average player than an above average player who still benefits the team without trying in comparison to a poor player who gives nothing???

doesnt make sense...in a perfect world it might however i want a team that can win...ot a good honest bunch of great blokes who really try but fail but it's okay because they are great blokes because they chatted to me and me missus at training one night and that makes them good blokes

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Wasnt outmarked at all and continually spoilt. What is your expectations MSG do you expect 9 contested grabs from the fullback? :roll: :roll:
Was caught out of position, gave away frees and spoiled his teammates several times.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Zac has been given far too many opportunities to prove himself at St Kilda, and failed miserably. Should be delisted immediately. He's nothing but a dead wood, list clogger.

Seriously people, get a grip. :evil:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Batnoe

Opposition player got one goal and 5 touches... Who was on Scott Harding? he was their most dangerous forward

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Let's circle him at training and stone him to death, while we're at it.

I think this would send a positive message to Dal Santo and Co.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Wrong, Tim could actually play!!!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I really don't understand the mentality among so-called supporters - on this forum or among the crowds at matches - who wish to start victimising and persecuting our players.

Zac Dawson is a discard from another club who we are giving a run as a rookie. He runs around for part of one practice match, makes a couple of mistakes, and the bloody internet heroes on here want to jump up and down on his face.

Not to mention the full-time whipping boys like NDS, Kosi or Raph.

You know what, Sam Fisher made several mistakes on Saturday night. And, just to prove a point to all those who continually called for him to be played up forward, his set shot for goal was rather embarassing. But does anyone on here ever criticize him? No, because he is not a whipping boy.

Of course, the big mistake these guys make is fronting up and actually having a go. The players who we have never - or hardly ever - seen are, of course, all budding superstars: Lynch, Heyne, etc.

Honest to God, I am fed up to the back teeth with reading on here that NDS is lazy and doesn't try hard enough. I cannot recall a game in which he wasn't right in the thick of things. Sure, he gets tagged out of the game often enough - and this is definitely a problem that he needs to solve with the help of Lyon - but this is not the same thing as being lazy.

To relive one of the great moment in the history of Saintsational, all I can say to all you player-baggers is

"your all muppets". :roll: :roll: :roll:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Well said MB.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

kicks like a backman, thinks like a backman, oh wait isn't he actually a backman??

not the worse hit out but still made too many mistakes. The problem for rookies is that they need to show form to get onto the list.... whilst draftees might get games on potential

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:Zac has been given far too many opportunities to prove himself at St Kilda, and failed miserably. Should be delisted immediately. He's nothing but a dead wood, list clogger.

Seriously people, get a grip. :evil:
Nah WD42, it's already mid-Feb.

We've played 2 games (if you count the praccy match).

HANG HIM :lol: :lol: :lol:

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:I really don't understand the mentality among so-called supporters - on this forum or among the crowds at matches - who wish to start victimising and persecuting our players.

Zac Dawson is a discard from another club who we are giving a run as a rookie. He runs around for part of one practice match, makes a couple of mistakes, and the bloody internet heroes on here want to jump up and down on his face.

Not to mention the full-time whipping boys like NDS, Kosi or Raph.

You know what, Sam Fisher made several mistakes on Saturday night. And, just to prove a point to all those who continually called for him to be played up forward, his set shot for goal was rather embarassing. But does anyone on here ever criticize him? No, because he is not a whipping boy.

Of course, the big mistake these guys make is fronting up and actually having a go. The players who we have never - or hardly ever - seen are, of course, all budding superstars: Lynch, Heyne, etc.

Honest to God, I am fed up to the back teeth with reading on here that NDS is lazy and doesn't try hard enough. I cannot recall a game in which he wasn't right in the thick of things. Sure, he gets tagged out of the game often enough - and this is definitely a problem that he needs to solve with the help of Lyon - but this is not the same thing as being lazy.

To relive one of the great moment in the history of Saintsational, all I can say to all you player-baggers is

"your all muppets". :roll: :roll: :roll:
Aaaaannnddd... so say all of us!

golden hawk
Club Player

first time actually playing a game may be second , come on give him some support i did not like it when hawk supporters i knew had a go at him please just give him a go he will try his heart out for you guys please .

he would be still getting used to your players and colours .

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
Saints94
SS Life Member

He is still skinny :shock: :?