Hitouts

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Hitouts

As quoted in an earlier post we won the hitouts but still got smashed in the middle

I know we didnt have Lenny and Joey but we still had Ball and Goddard getting the hard ball or trying

hitouts read

Saints 61 to Lions 12

we should have had more clearances than we did, it is good that the boys got their hand on the ball but if u are that dominant why couldnt the ball be palmed off to our player time after time

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

I think if Rix was playing, our hitouts to advantage would have been much higher. Stupid decision to let him go. The guy was a great clubman. You can't win a flag without great clumen.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I would be interested to know how many clearences Brisbane got from free kicks, I swear they got one every stoppage. (Not bagging the umpires, they could have all been there as far as I know.)

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I would be interested to know how many clearences Brisbane got from free kicks, I swear they got one every stoppage. (Not bagging the umpires, they could have all been there as far as I know.)
WE need to be smarter in our knowledge & interprutation of the rules !!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I would be interested to know how many clearences Brisbane got from free kicks, I swear they got one every stoppage. (Not bagging the umpires, they could have all been there as far as I know.)
Yeah I assumed that a lot of them would have definitely been there, it was just frustrating always seeing them be awarded the ball in the centre.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
Eastern wrote:
Yeah I assumed that a lot of them would have definitely been there, it was just frustrating always seeing them be awarded the ball in the centre.
There were so many awarded at the centre during the second to Brisbane...I had no idea what half of them were for! Was that one of these new NAB Cup rules?

GrumpyOne

It seemed to be that all around the ground, our rucks, and King in particular, palmed it consistantly to a Lions player.

It is not sufficient for our ruckmen merely to negate the opposition rucks, but to hit-out to advantage. Somebody should pass that on to our ruck coach.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Would to know what the free kick count was in 2nd quarter,in the centre square.If our rucks are so dominate they must give the mids better delivery,instead of 50/50 contests.This is were we miss L.Hayes who reads the play at stoppages/centre bounces better thananyone in AFL imo.Having said that with new mids it will take practise and time to get them to gel.Afterall it is still only early feb

Mr X from the West
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:It seemed to be that all around the ground, our rucks, and King in particular, palmed it consistantly to a Lions player.

It is not sufficient for our ruckmen merely to negate the opposition rucks, but to hit-out to advantage. Somebody should pass that on to our ruck coach.
Good spot, noticed the same thing. Can't be too hard to give OUR blokes the tap rather than shoving it down the opponent's mid's throats!

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"