ISC in administration

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: piping hot is synonomous with cheapness and the kids wearing know it

it isn't a young growing brand as no young kid wants to wear it
Young Saints supporters will wear whatever their hero players are wearing.
To say that Piping Hot is not a brand that kids want to wear is pandering to the cult of brand name celebrity.

I would love to see the Saints stick with local brands rather than go with the ridiculously priced international sweatshops.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

RBnW wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:What was wrong with Piping Hot as a brand?

And the quality of the ISC garment (last year's media polo) was excellent. I love wearing it.

I never had a problem with Piping Hot. A young, growing brand that can relate to the younger generation for a young, growing club.

Be interesting in this economic climate how quickly ISC can be replaced.

I would suggest it will be difficult.
piping hot is synonomous with cheapness and the kids wearing know it

while you slag off Piping Hot without knowing anything about how they supported the club is beyond me......Mark Johansen who is the owner of Piping Hot and a true Saints fan put his money into the club and his name on our jumper until the club could go out and get a better deal from someone else.....he did that for years and still throws in a fair bit every year.....a very good supporter of the club for years.....wish there was more like him and less like you... :oops: :oops:
well i just want to see our club grow as large as possible, associated with names and brands bigger and better than the top dogs of the football world

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: piping hot is synonomous with cheapness and the kids wearing know it

To say that Piping Hot is not a brand that kids want to wear is pandering to the cult of brand name celebrity.

I would love to see the Saints stick with local brands rather than go with the ridiculously priced international sweatshops.
IMHO its not just young Saints supporters who will "jump on" a brand if it sponsors their team

For example since Samsung jumped on the Melbourne Victory I have baught a new mp3 player, TV, mobile phone and DVD player........guess which brand they were. If you guessed Samsung you get 5 points.

I unfortunatly cant find much apparel for ISC around so for the gear I wear to the gym /lounge around in I choose to buy........yep Reebok another Victory sponsor. I even choose my health insurance company (Medibank Private) as they (or used to now) sponsor the Melbourne Storm.

Unfortunatly St Kilda hasnt had a product since Pura Milk that I could use in my everyday life so until I need doors replaced or a new truck I cant use our sponsors but since XBox is gone I did feel the need to get rid of that particular game system.

So I spose the point is I am more likley to choose a brand based on if they sponsor a team I like, the fact that the above brands mentioned are high quality is gravy, than an unrelated brand.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

I'd happily go with local brands; I'm just sick of the low quality that seems to go hand-in hand with brands like ISC, Concept Sports, etc. Piping Hot seemed perhaps a fraction better.

To be fair, I don't have last season's polo, so if it's as good as people say, maybe times have changed for the better.

It's not a massive issue worth losing sleep over, and I appreciate it will be hard to get a new sponsor. Just would be nice to have stuff worth wearing out and about. I guess that can only happen if we clinch a deal that's comparable to what we have, and that might be difficult in these financial times where everyone is tightening the belt.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

I'd happily go with local brands; I'm just sick of the low quality that seems to go hand-in hand with brands like ISC, Concept Sports, etc. Piping Hot seemed perhaps a fraction better.
Maybe the club could approach Rip Curl or Billabong although I doubt either would want to sponsor a football team.

GrumpyOne

Ice Wolf wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Maybe the club could approach Rip Curl or Billabong although I doubt either would want to sponsor a football team.
Perhaps Jean-Paul Gautier could design and supply our gear?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

And the quality of the ISC garment (last year's media polo) was excellent. I love wearing it.

I never had a problem with Piping Hot. A young, growing brand that can relate to the younger generation for a young, growing club.

We can quibble over whether Piping Hot is a loyal supporter of the club and debate if their garments are of a high quality, but please don't make the argument that it's a hip young brand...it isn't and I would have to agree with SP2008 on this one.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

We can quibble over whether Piping Hot is a loyal supporter of the club and debate if their garments are of a high quality, but please don't make the argument that it's a hip young brand...it isn't and I would have to agree with SP2008 on this one.
and why is everyone so quick to jump on my back just because the owner of piping hot is a saints supporter???

this club needs to build, thrive and make more money...bigger brands =bigger clubs

now get off your soapbox just because the owner is a saints fan...look at the facts and in this case the sponsors stature within clothing ranks

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

There's nothing wrong with the bloke being a Saints fan, if anything, I think that's great.

Call me selfish, I just want some nice gear to wear to the footy and then to the pub afterwards without my mates looking at it and saying "does St Kilda play in the Eastern Footy League these days days or something?"

:?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:There's nothing wrong with the bloke being a Saints fan, if anything, I think that's great.

Call me selfish, I just want some nice gear to wear to the footy and then to the pub afterwards without my mates looking at it and saying "does St Kilda play in the Eastern Footy League these days days or something?"

a few of the previous posters seemed to angle at piing hot being associated with st kilda so its automatically taboo to talk negatively of

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

This chick looks pretty young and hip!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:There's nothing wrong with the bloke being a Saints fan, if anything, I think that's great.

a few of the previous posters seemed to angle at piing hot being associated with st kilda so its automatically taboo to talk negatively of
You made a rash generalisation that 'no one' wears Piping Hot. I called you on it. Do you actually know everyone? It was a dumb comment. You might be talking about people you know or people in your community, but 'no one' is just silly.

I commented that I liked their gear at St Kilda and also the ISC stuff. I actually have all the gear from those two providers, so I think I can make a call based on my own opinion.

Whether you like Piping Hot or ISC as a company, I couldn't give two hoots. They are businesses and you can trash talk them all you like.

But just don't use rash generalisations. No one likes people who do that. No one.

And change your nickname dufus!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:This chick looks pretty young and hip!

But can you tie her to JLH in 6 degrees?

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

n1ck wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:This chick looks pretty young and hip!

But can you tie her to JLH in 6 degrees?
I would tie her to anything I could.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Legendary
Club Player

ISC are in administration yes ... but they may hopefully still exist in some form as our sponsor and apparel supplier?

They make good stuff. Fingers crossed.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

For what it's worth - this is what I got from Archie - seems all ok from our POV.

"Hi Jas,

ISC has not gone in to administration. Our deal with ISC is secure and we are currently working together on the 2010 range of apparel. Make sure you watch our game tomorrow evening to see the lads in the brand new clash strip for the first time!

Go Saints!
Archie"