What would members pay for a named seaford brick?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:I was wondering about the Linton St bricks myself
Most of those bricks sold when the club was in huge trouble financially.
In reality they should be removed and transferred down to the new building. But can you see that happening?
Perhaps StFid can get on his bat phone to Archie and find out?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely, without even a moment's hesitation the current board should transfer these Linton st bricks with people's names to wherever the club bases itself!
In the name of true undivided LOYALTY, paying homage and respect to tradition and to the people that have kept this club in existence, the real STRENGTH upon which this club is founded, this should be a given, but unfortunately the new board care little for any of that, for they already have relocated the club to the backblocks of Seaford and changed L2 members fees overnight by imposing an ultimatum upon them, regarding Social Club status without any prior consultation with the members, who afterall are what keeps this club alive to begin with!

Do you honestly think that AF, an appointed CEO, a Scotsmen who came down in the last shower, in respect to him knowing precious little about the history, heritage and traditions of this club in OZ and the current board give one iota, a continental, a fat rat's clacker, a tinker's cuss or a flying duck about some brick with a persons name on it and it's significance?
It's already blatantly obvious that John "I was the one that broke the board up, I was the one that divided them, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" Gdanski, cares more for his own personal standing with the clicky elite of the Jewish community than anything to do with the St kilda football club!

Of course these loyal members, who dug deeper to help keep the club in existence, for the current board to screw over, should be remembered and honored with their bricks being transferred from Linton st to White Elephant dve/dive, but I'm sure with it now having been brought to their attention it would be deemed to be an awful inconvenience and too much of a logistical nightmare, for it would require someone being bothered enough to look at these bricks and write peoples names down, afterall does the St kilda Football Club member data base go back any further than two years? :roll:

Without knowing precisely where these bricks are/were located, is it possible with the demolition of the grandstands, that they have already been discarded with, without even a moments thought, regard or hesitation from the current board?

If so then this is shameful and another further inditement and example of the complete contempt and sheer disregard shown by this current board towards it's LOYAL members!

The real tradtional legacy of this football club, which the current board is honoring and keeping alive and well is it's ability to shoot itself in the foot!

Seaford, aaarrrrggghhh, all in all it's just another brick in the wall!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
GrumpyOne

I have an alternative use for the named social club bricks.

We could use them to build a wall between B4 and his keyboard. :wink:

Halo
Club Player

Barks4eva

Did you buy a Brick???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
In reality they should be removed and transferred down to the new building. But can you see that happening?

Absolutely, without even a moment's hesitation the current board should transfer these Linton st bricks with people's names to wherever the club bases itself!
In the name of true undivided LOYALTY, paying homage and respect to tradition and to the people that have kept this club in existence, the real STRENGTH upon which this club is founded, this should be a given, but unfortunately the new board care little for any of that, for they already have relocated the club to the backblocks of Seaford and changed L2 members fees overnight by imposing an ultimatum upon them, regarding Social Club status without any prior consultation with the members, who afterall are what keeps this club alive to begin with!

Do you honestly think that AF, an appointed CEO, a Scotsmen who came down in the last shower, in respect to him knowing precious little about the history, heritage and traditions of this club in OZ and the current board give one iota, a continental, a fat rat's clacker, a tinker's cuss or a flying duck about some brick with a persons name on it and it's significance?
It's already blatantly obvious that John "I was the one that broke the board up, I was the one that divided them, I was the one that caused the s*** to hit the fan" Gdanski, cares more for his own personal standing with the clicky elite of the Jewish community than anything to do with the St kilda football club!

Of course these loyal members, who dug deeper to help keep the club in existence, for the current board to screw over, should be remembered and honored with their bricks being transferred from Linton st to White Elephant dve/dive, but I'm sure with it now having been brought to their attention it would be deemed to be an awful inconvenience and too much of a logistical nightmare, for it would require someone being bothered enough to look at these bricks and write peoples names down, afterall does the St kilda Football Club member data base go back any further than two years? :roll:

Without knowing precisely where these bricks are/were located, is it possible with the demolition of the grandstands, that they have already been discarded with, without even a moments thought, regard or hesitation from the current board?

If so then this is shameful and another further inditement and example of the complete contempt and sheer disregard shown by this current board towards it's LOYAL members!

The real tradtional legacy of this football club, which the current board is honoring and keeping alive and well is it's ability to shoot itself in the foot!

I gather you are over 35 years old and call yourself a Saints person and live in Melbourne and you dont know where the bricks are located. Poor effort.

No1_Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

I gather you are over 35 years old and call yourself a Saints person and live in Melbourne and you dont know where the bricks are located. Poor effort.
Good point...the bricks are safe for now. Actually I think that they are safe for a while as the club plans to see out it's 40 year lease at Linton Street.

And they still see a lot of traffic as god knows the stairs are a lot safer than that dodgy lift. :wink:

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I always thought the best brick would be low down on the wall on the half way landing going down to the front door.
Thats where most social club patrons ended up late on Saturday nights, face planted imprint of the donors name gives a lasting impression.
ahhh what the kids miss out on these days.

PS and yes the dodgy lift could get a pretty smelly place in the AM

Seeya