Water Tankers required at Moorabbin!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Water Tankers required at Moorabbin!

Fair Dinkum, the ground surface is a disgrace at the moment.....check out
the Demolition pics and grass is a very light shade of green.

Yes, yes, yes I know it's very farking hot in Melbourne and hasn't rained for a month, but hey Archie, have you ever heard of Water Tankers if you can't get a permit to water the training surface???

Surely the bloody Kingston council can let us water it a bit, consider the money the club has to fork out to smash down the stands???

Surely some money should be allocated in the budget to keep the grass green a Moorabbin.

.....now just remember the good old Moorabbin Mud days, and the "accidental sprinklers" that went on at midnight before a match?!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
casey scorp
Club Player

There were some photos a couple of weeks ago that showed pale grass. But then the photographer changed location (into the shade I think), and the grass was a lot greener in other photos.

I guess we'll see it with the naked eye next week, and we can be certain.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I saw it last night....i was there checking the progress of the demolition..

It's a green and yellow coloured surface but it seems to be in good nick..

I took my wife...she asked me how the place ended up such a dump..

I said it must have been built on the cheap....

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I said it must have been built on the cheap....
Just about everything built directly by any AFL club is done on the cheap

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Except the prices they charge to go to the footy :roll: $40 NAB cup in Qld is a joke.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
RBnW
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Except the prices they charge to go to the footy :roll: $40 NAB cup in Qld is a joke.
it cant be that much, does that include the air fare Bev :!:

Our best is yet
to come......
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I was at training a couple of weeks ago and the surface looked magnifisaint

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ground is in great nick. Didnt know the colour of the grass could cause injuries or poor skills.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

The playing surface is one of the best you will get in Melbourne, The grass is a couch variety that has a pale colour, particularly at this time of the year.
Saintspremiers, before you come out with ridiculous statements like you have, ever heard of doing some research first!

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Ah - I get it - Water Tankers is rhyming slang!

Good one SaintsPremiers

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:The playing surface is one of the best you will get in Melbourne, The grass is a couch variety that has a pale colour, particularly at this time of the year.
Saintspremiers, before you come out with ridiculous statements like you have, ever heard of doing some research first!
get a life mate.....I actually saw the surface, and to my eye the grass didn't look that flash.

I am very sorry I didn't research that couch is meant to be pale in colour in Summer.

I'm sure you are right, and that the grass is totally different to the lush green grass of the MCG or TD at the moment.

Tool.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:The playing surface is one of the best you will get in Melbourne, The grass is a couch variety that has a pale colour, particularly at this time of the year.
get a life mate.....I actually saw the surface, and to my eye the grass didn't look that flash.

I am very sorry I didn't research that couch is meant to be pale in colour in Summer.

I'm sure you are right, and that the grass is totally different to the lush green grass of the MCG or TD at the moment.

Tool.
Wiith respect SP, your OP could be taken as read that you were judging the oval's condition from the colour in a photo...if youve seen it up close and personal, fine :-)...oh and your "tool" comment was not called for.

By the time Intra-Club rolls around we will have had 10-11 days running of 30+ temperatures, a few of those 40+...and a month of no actual rainfall. Not sure what the limitations on watering the ground is, but will be interesting to take a look at it then.

I have 2 ovals close to my house. Glen Eira Council can water 25% of their grounds, so one is watered and one isnt. The watered one is OK without being lush (I think they use most of the water on the turf wicket), the unwatered one (which has matting wickets) is close to a a dustbowl.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Ground is in great nick. Didnt know the colour of the grass could cause injuries or poor skills.
clown :lol:

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote:Ah - I get it - Water Tankers is rhyming slang!

Good one SaintsPremiers
or if you're dyslexic you might wonder what potatoes (Tater) had to do with it ...

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Tool.
There's only one Tool on this thread, goes by the monicker "saintspremiers"

I walked on the hallowed turf today. It is in magnificent condition, much better than any time we actually played games on it for premiership points.

It may look brown, but it's far from dead. Would you like me to refer you to a good optometrist?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Tool.

I walked on the hallowed turf today. It is in magnificent condition, much better than any time we actually played games on it for premiership points.

It may look brown, but it's far from dead. Would you like me to refer you to a good optometrist?
No thanks Berhard.

You say it looks brown - well, is that good enough for a training surface is all my point is.....if everyone is happy with that, then so be it I guess.

I'm glad you're happy with brownish grass.

And no I don't need my eyes checked thank you very much.

FYI when we played on it for premiership points was a few era's ago, and not worthy of a comparison IMO.

By the way, what bays are left at the moment??

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bays 1 to 8 and the Huggins stand were left yesterday.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Tool.

No thanks Berhard.

You say it looks brown - well, is that good enough for a training surface is all my point is.....if everyone is happy with that, then so be it I guess.

I'm glad you're happy with brownish grass.

And no I don't need my eyes checked thank you very much.

FYI when we played on it for premiership points was a few era's ago, and not worthy of a comparison IMO.

By the way, what bays are left at the moment??
You obviously dont play golf because a lot of courses go brown in summer because of the type of grass but are still excellent to play on. Our ground is in excellent condition.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Thank you Steve Bracks and John Thwaites the legacy of your stupidity is killing sport facilities at all levels. :evil: :evil: :evil:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Thank you Steve Bracks and John Thwaites the legacy of your stupidity is killing sport facilities at all levels. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Amen brother!

At last someone is talking my language.

I just picked up my Sydney-esk Saints Members 2009 scarf (it's very white, cap is OK though!), and saw the greenish brown surface.....good news it that's it's no worse than a fortnight ago, before the heatwave.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: I just picked up my Sydney-esk Saints Members 2009 scarf (it's very white, cap is OK though!), and saw the greenish brown surface.....good news it that's it's no worse than a fortnight ago, before the heatwave.
A fortnight ago?

You posted a week ago in the middle of the heat wave.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Isn't grass brown? :wink:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Isn't grass brown? :wink:
actually goes grey once smoked :)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The ground MUST be up to AFL standard. Otherwise they wouldn't let their poor little umpires out there :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Isn't grass brown? :wink:
actually goes grey once smoked :)
You would know, from experience?

Had a look at the ground this morning - like a carpet - you could not get a better playing surface.
Demolition of the stand has now reached Bay 5 1/2 or thereabouts and the Animal Enclosure has been fenced off.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"