Nice eBay find

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Nice eBay find

I bought these off eBay about 12 months ago for $25 and only just found them again this morning in my desk drawer.
I have no idea when they were made, but the tieclip and one of the pins have the same logo - the other pin logo is a little different.
Just wondering if anyone would know when they thought these were made...

GrumpyOne

A lot of the tie pins were given away to sponsor and coterie group members from late 70s to mid 80s, so quite possibly date back to then. As givaways, they were not made to a high standard. You will note that the tie-pin is slightly askew.

The pins are more difficult to date, as the basic design changed little over about 20 years, and new stock was issued with old stock, as each group either used up their supply or not. Sponsor pins usually were dated on the front.

Someone at the museum may be able to be more specific. I would have bid more than you for them had I have seen them, so relatively it was a good purchase.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Try the Museum for these items - you may not be able to get them as a set but any badges that they do have they are selling for $1.00 each so you could easily make a set up for yourself - or a decent jeweller will be able to - I know a good jeweller if anyone is interested pm me and I will get him to quote on making up a batch!

Best Wishes
Believe or F@rken Burn!