Saints Homepage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Saints Homepage

I dont expect anyone here can really do anything about it, but why are we embarrassingly still stuck in season 2007, re the player profiles??

It is really frustrating that up to date player profiles, pictures, history and stats are never updated, when some other clubs had their new bios up nearly straight after the finals...

Is this something which anyone has Asked Archie about in the past, or have any knowledge of?? I assume i am not the only one who finds this a royal pain...

Saints94
SS Life Member

Yeah its very frustratating they don't even have the pics of our drafte's

Darren
Club Player

I've looked at Freo's and the Crow's photo shoots on Bigpond and I must say that I think that Saintscentral should make a similar video. Also I think that all players should put a smile on their faces; my sister has the 2008 poster and 3/4 of the players are just like :|.

I'll try and look around for our 2009 player photos as soon as I can find the link to them. :)
Last edited by Darren on Wed 28 Jan 2009 2:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintm
Club Player

Was mentioned in the Herald-Sun today in relation to the injury list.

The injury list looks horrible until you realise it was last updated in September 2008.

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

You would think that the off-season would be a good time to try and update the site in all aspects if the FC expects our loyal members to pay up. Members want to have access to information about players recruited and injury lists. And above all, it just looks plain shabby and unimportant to update the site.

I guess they are busy tieing up sponsorship deals, running the membership and dealing with the demolition of the ground. But at least they could get onto it before the NAB cup begins.... so we can all put names to the faces we will be seeing during the cup!

Go saints in '09!
Saints94
SS Life Member

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:You would think that the off-season would be a good time to try and update the site in all aspects if the FC expects our loyal members to pay up. Members want to have access to information about players recruited and injury lists. And above all, it just looks plain shabby and unimportant to update the site.

I guess they are busy tieing up sponsorship deals, running the membership and dealing with the demolition of the ground. But at least they could get onto it before the NAB cup begins.... so we can all put names to the faces we will be seeing during the cup!
Yeah good point, maybe Archie is just to lazy to update it :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Gram01 wrote:
i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:You would think that the off-season would be a good time to try and update the site in all aspects if the FC expects our loyal members to pay up. Members want to have access to information about players recruited and injury lists. And above all, it just looks plain shabby and unimportant to update the site.

Another reason to get rid of AF. The CEO not updating the website. He must go now.

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Gram01 wrote:

Another reason to get rid of AF. The CEO not updating the website. He must go now.
Tell me about it :roll:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Gram01 wrote:

am I on drugs or did you just make me chuckle ?? :)

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Gram01 wrote:

I think you are making a joke which is quite rare for you. I know it's a minor squabble. But it seems like the internet is the only real contact interstate supporters have to the club. So i think if the club were to read this thread or the HSun today that they would notice that not updating a website just looks plain stupid. I understand they have a lot of things happening at the club at the moment but has the website been updated since the finals? But a few minutes to update an injury list would hardly take an eternity? And it would just go that little bit further to keep the paid up members a little bit happier!!

* I think the weather has turned me tropo!* :lol: End of Rant!

Go saints in '09!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Gram01 wrote:

I think you are making a joke which is quite rare for you. I know it's a minor squabble. But it seems like the internet is the only real contact interstate supporters have to the club. So i think if the club were to read this thread or the HSun today that they would notice that not updating a website just looks plain stupid. I understand they have a lot of things happening at the club at the moment but has the website been updated since the finals? But a few minutes to update an injury list would hardly take an eternity? And it would just go that little bit further to keep the paid up members a little bit happier!!

* I think the weather has turned me tropo!* :lol: End of Rant!
Updating the website should have a priority though.
Vert sloppy logging on thids time of year and seeing so much info out of date.

Whilst there is no doubt higher priorities......being a site that is looked at by members and non members around Aust etc

someone should have as part of their duties to keep it up to date....

COMMUNICATION...

saint4life
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Not exactly the CEO's job to be sitting at his desk updating the website with new photos and stats..

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

But he should get it corrected right smartly once alerted to the situation.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Not exactly the CEO's job to be sitting at his desk updating the website with new photos and stats..
Did not say it was

But the CLUB ADMIN need to be doing it....

Suburban football/cricket clubs do a better job

Just get it done and get it right.

saint4life
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

This is terrible:
Baker remains the best stopper at St Kilda and one of the finest in the League. His year will be remembered for kicking the infamous game-tying behind against Fremantle in the draw that never was. Saved his best performance for the elimination final where he stifled Demon Aaron Davey.

Draft history: 1998 National AFL Draft 2nd round selection (St Kilda) No. 27 overall
What's the issue?

Time?
Money?

They could outsource the rewriting of the bios to Saintsational. I'm sure we could negotiate a good fee.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Looks like someone has alerted Archie to the sitution in this week's "ask archie":

"Archie can you please inform us when the St Kilda official web sites official players list will be brought up to date regarding player heights and weights?
A good example of the current discrepecacies is David A rmitages is set at 183cm tall and weighinga mere 80kgs
This cant be right we estimate for 2009 season he is a minimum 186-187cms in height while tippingb the scales at aroud 83-84kgs please allow this section to be updated.cheers mate"

Archie:
"Our new player profiles (including personal statistics) are currently in the process of being compiled and will be added to the website prior to the start of the NAB Cup. Armo is looking in very good shape this year, well picked up!

Go Saints!
Archie"

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

It's not only during the offseason that the website is woefully out of date.

I rarely look at Saints.com.au as you never get the information you're looking for.

Get all the info I need here and Westofmoorabbin.com

It is a disgrace, in this day and age, that a so called professional football club does not provide members and supporters with the most up to date information.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell